Guide The Guide Bounties Board

Discussion in 'Guide Discussion' started by Fybrile, Jul 7, 2015.

1. Fybrile

Fybrile Administrator

Server:
    Cactaur
    FFXIVRealm GUIDE BOUNTIES

As of 10.07.2015 the Realm's Guide Bounties board has been closed. But, don't be sad! We will be reopening a Realm Bounties board in the near future with new ways to win prizes for every day contributions around the site!~

Last edited: Oct 7, 2015
    Jinzuku, Kylie, Kolossus and 2 others like this.
  2. Fybrile

Fybrile Administrator

Server:
    Cactaur
    IMPORTANT NOTICES

10.07.2017 - The Guide Bounties program has ended.
    09.02.2015 - The Bounties offered have been updated.
    08.02.2015 - The Bounties offered have been updated.
    07.10.2015 - A few particulars regarding how Guide Bounties get rated have been added to the Terms thread.
    07.07.2015 - Here will be posted any changes to Guide Bounties.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2015
  3. Fybrile

Fybrile Administrator

Server:
    Cactaur
    DISCLAIMER

1. Please make sure you have read and understood the announcement, terms and information thread HERE before participating.
    2. If you have any questions about this incentive or about the details or requirements of specific bounties, please feel free to post them in this thread.
    3. Please keep in mind that the administrative and community team here at the Realm is entirely volunteer-based. These prizes are being provided without receiving any income or financial assistance from this site. This program is not meant to provide profit for either the community team at the Realm, or the members of our community. We simply want to incentivize and reward our amazing members for their invaluable contributions to the content of this site. When participating in this program, please keep the spirit of it in mind, and if any financial difficulties prevent immediate delivery of your reward, please be understanding. If change in your prize delivery date need to be made, you will be contacted well in advance with a revised delivery date.
    4. This is supposed to be fun. Don't take it too seriously. Have fun!~

Last edited: Jul 7, 2015
    Caimie Tsukino and Jinzuku like this.
  4. Kylie

Kylie Bounty Hunter III

Server:
    Brynhildr
    I would like to signup for the 3* bounty
    " 5. An Ultimate Chocobo Guide (leveling, feeding, dyes, barding, etc.) "

Do I need to wait for any confirmation?

5. Fybrile

Fybrile Administrator

Server:
    Cactaur
    Not at all. Just posting here and then submitting a Guide to the Guides section is enough.

:good:

Fiona and GeekMatt like this.
  6. GeekMatt

GeekMatt Moderator

Server:
    Brynhildr
    I don't believe confirmation is required as per current Bounty rules.

Edit: yeah what he said

7. Kylie

Kylie Bounty Hunter III

Server:
    Brynhildr
    Alright I'm working on it right now. :) Really tired though. Is it okay to post the guide incomplete? or is there a way to make it public but marked as unfinished?
    --- Double Post Merged, Jul 8, 2015 ---
    Signup for the 3* bounty
    " 4. Triple Triad Card Collector's Guide "

Caimie Tsukino, GeekMatt and Fybrile like this.
  8. Fybrile

Fybrile Administrator

Server:
    Cactaur
    Of course it's alright to post a Guide and mark it as incomplete! :)

Just send me a tell when it it complete - or at least complete enough you'd like us to rate it.

I believe there's also an ability of saving drafts of your Guides on our Guide page without publishing it. You should be able to return to incomplete drafts in the "Unpublished" link that appears in the dropdown menu when you hover over Guides in the navbar.

Caimie Tsukino, GeekMatt and Fiona like this.
  9. Kylie

Kylie Bounty Hunter III

Server:
    Brynhildr
    Thanks!

Jinzuku and Fybrile like this.
  10. Ivy

Ivy Bounty Hunter II

Server:
    Gilgamesh
    I'd like to sign up for the AST guide and mount guide, assuming I can sign up for both. Otherwise, just the AST guide.

GeekMatt, Jinzuku and Fybrile like this.
  11. Kolossus

Kolossus Vice Admin

Server:
    Diabolos
    Minion guides! I hope someone does the ultimate, since I'm still missing some from ARR, and Heavensward has introduced a bunch more! Collectors assemble!

Fybrile and GeekMatt like this.
  12. GeekMatt

GeekMatt Moderator

Server:
    Brynhildr
    Anyone doing the Mount, and/or (especially) the Minion guides, don't forget about those obtained through cash purchases. There's the obvious CE edition items, and then the less obvious purchases of Sountracks, Stuffed Animals, and Artbooks that come with an in-game minion.

Fybrile and Fiona like this.
  13. mitchcanter

mitchcanter Crystal Brave

Server:
    Brynhildr
    Would my AST post in the DoM forums be considered a guide? It's basically there at this point, but if so i can move it over to the right spot.

EDIT:

Just in case, I have a 2* AST Guide I'd like to contribute.

Last edited: Jul 8, 2015
    Fybrile likes this.
  14. GeekMatt

GeekMatt Moderator

Server:
    Brynhildr
    I can't speak for Fybrile on reusing your previously made guide, but as one of the staff who'd likely be approving it, the 2 star Bountys are for "Complete Job" guides. I'd recommend finishing it up with the missing information and maybe touching it up. To me a "Complete Job Guide" would contain information on all Skills and their use, as well as anything important related to traits and ideally would touch on common problems like mp management.

It would be good if it contained full details on each of the cards and they're use. As an aspiring Astrologian I'd like to know who to use each of my cards on, and when. You probably have all this information spread through out your 2 threads and would just need to organize it. Could even quote Mikari or whoever else as long as they were credited.

I don't mean for the Bountys to sound intimidating :p I wouldn't judge super harshly, but I feel like the above would be reasonable criteria for what's being asked

Jinzuku and Fybrile like this.
  15. Kylie

Kylie Bounty Hunter III

Server:
    Brynhildr
    Triple Triad Card Collection Guide - Complete~

The guide is incomplete for part 2 due to reasons mentioned but the Card collection for 1-80 Patch 2.51 and 2.55 are finished. You can judge and rate as you please and I plan to update the guide as soon as I can get more information from friends etc, and in game (I still haven't even gotten to lvl 15 yet Lol )

Jinzuku, Fybrile and GeekMatt like this.
  16. mitchcanter

mitchcanter Crystal Brave

Server:
    Brynhildr
    No, I absolutely agree it needs to be cleaned up a bit. Was more wondering if I was on the right track, and I think that (with some formatting) that answer is yes.

I'll have it finished in the next few days. Work first, and all that.

Jinzuku, GeekMatt and Fybrile like this.
  17. Fybrile

Fybrile Administrator

Server:
    Cactaur
    A lot of threads on the Forums would definitely be considered a Guide! :good:

Many of them might need a bit of formatting for the Guides section, or some updating for the older threads that don't have 3.0 info, but the core content is right there. Let me know if you need any help transferring a thread to a Guide (I can change a thread into a Guide pretty simply without anyone having to copy/paste or lose their discussion.)

mitchcanter likes this.
  18. Kylie

Kylie Bounty Hunter III

Server:
    Brynhildr
    @Fybrile For the Chocobo racing guide since I'm doing the main chocobo guide, Do you want racing strategies in this as well or more information on items and what does what and how to level up / rank up ? I've never been good with racing games. But if you want a stats and in depth information guide I can probably do this fairly easily while working along with the Choco-Bros guide.

Fybrile likes this.
  19. Kylie

Kylie Bounty Hunter III

Server:
    Brynhildr
    @Fybrile
    Ultimate Chocobo Guide(leveling, feeding, dyes, barding, etc.) Status: Complete~

Need to find some images and eventually add all 85 flipping colors to the dye colors.
    And need to at some point get the recipes for ALL 85 options from Desert yellow > Option

Needless to say that's going to take some time :dead: So the guide is finished and will be updated when I can find all that info and images, Some of the 3.0 bardings are still unknown on how to get the Noble Barding being a good example.

20. wildbillhdmax01

wildbillhdmax01 Bounty Hunter II

Server:
    Mateus
    Umm, I've alway wanted to summit a guide, and I have 2 in mind, but they don't seem to meet any of the requests. I could also do a Ultimate WAR Guide, but not sure what that requires to be a Ultimate Job Guide. And I'm not even sure if I want to do that one.

Caimie Tsukino likes this.