The Gold Saucer - Release Date & Information!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by AgelessDaisy, Feb 1, 2015.

1. AgelessDaisy

AgelessDaisy Scion

Server:
    Balmung
    So with the drop of Patch 2.51 will be the release of The Manderville Gold Saucer, a place where we all can just take a break and have fun and relax. I looked up more information pertaining the release date and I got

http://www.novacrystallis.com/2015/...cer-preview-at-tokaigi-game-party-japan-2015/

For those not wanting to click the link I have put the details below.

Manderville Gold Saucer preview at Tokaigi Game Party Japan 2015
    By Michael Fisher on February 1, 2015 at 12:29 AM

As part of the Live Letter on the Road series, Yoshida and Foxclon took to the stage at Tokaigi Game Party Japan 2015 to show off an extended look at the upcoming Manderville Gold Saucer as well as reveal the date for the patch: February 24th.

Triple Triad
    The stream started off with a look at Triple Triad, Yoshida explained that there will be a total of 80 cards to collect at the beginning, and some cards you will be able to obtain via the FF Portal App which launches later this month. Cards can be obtained via NPCs, Dungeons and Golden Saucer points, although there will be no trading at launch (due to players completing sets with Gil), they may add trading add later once there are many more cards. He also stated that there will be multiple rule sets; Random, Open All, Same, and more, the Challenger will decide the rules.

Chocobo Racing
    Chocobo statistics will be increased the more you race, and they will be randomly distributed, you may also learn a new ability when you level up. Specific food types can be fed to your Chocobo as well. Your Chocobo’s level will be tied to the Duty Finder, and a high level Chocobo cannot enter low level races. The addition of Chocobo Racing also brings Breeding into the equation, once your Chocobo retires you can have it breed for a new Chocobo potentially inheriting statistics and abilities. Currently you will only be able to breed your Chocobo with your Company Chocobo, or pay to have it bred via a Golden Saucer Chocobo, they are planning to add breeding with other people’s Chocobos in a later update. Races themselves include the use of a Stamina meter and hitting correct boost pads in order to improve your Chocobo’s chances of winning.

Mini-Games
    A variety of mini-games were shown; “Monster Toss”, “Cuff-a-Cur”, “The Moogle’s Paw” and “Crystal Tower Strike”. Each involved a variant of pressing the confirm button at certain points along a moving bar to win the game, the prizes for these will be lesser than Triple Triad and Chocobo Racing, as to be expected.

A jumping puzzle-esque game also was previewed showing players climbing a central environment piece while large bombs that cause knock-back dropped onto the climbing frame, the goal being to reach the top and not be knocked from the area.

Another small Mini-Game showed an NPC of which would perform a series of Emotes in a row, in which the players then had to copy within a set time-limit in order to proceed to the next round.

Rewards
    There are quite a few rewards shown for the Golden Saucer thus far include; Chocobo Mask, Bunny Costume, Adamantoise Mount, Ferir Mount, and an outfit resembling Setzer Gabbiani from Final Fantasy VI.

Also revealed was the Final Fantasy VII Cloud Strike outfit from Advent Children, to be added as a 720 day Veteran Reward for those who have subscribed for that total amount of time through their Square Enix
    account.

Updated - 2/20/2015 @ 4:58 AM

Here is a map of The Manderville Gold Saucer. What we can expect to see on our mini-map when we go inside.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 20, 2015
    JMATAWWCL, cryptte, Jinzuku and 4 others like this.
  2. GeekMatt

GeekMatt Moderator

Top Poster Of Month

Server:
    Brynhildr
    Just now noticing its the Manderville Gold Saucer and a bit concerned I have to complete that quest line to get there... Though the questline is so long that that seems unlikely

ilmaestro likes this.
  3. AgelessDaisy

AgelessDaisy Scion

Server:
    Balmung
    It's not long at all and it had me laughing the entire way through. It's like watching a funny anime you get to participate in. It's comedy gold.

4. delta5ff

delta5ff Scion

I carnt see the Mandeville Gold Saucer requiring you to complete the quest line first. That would mean you have to have level 50 and a semi decent I level to get in. More likely you'll only need to reach 20 at the most to make it more accessible. The Gold Saucer is going to be a casual friendly place so the won't make you hit end game to get in

Caimie Tsukino and Hermes like this.
  5. Folant

Folant Adventurer

Goodbye what little life I have on Feb 24th.

6. AgelessDaisy

AgelessDaisy Scion

Server:
    Balmung
    "Hey Daisy you coming to raid?" "No. I got 5m riding on this chocobo race!"

ilmaestro and Caimie Tsukino like this.
  7. GeekMatt

GeekMatt Moderator

Top Poster Of Month

Server:
    Brynhildr
    It's sooooo long... I decided to grind out and was enjoying the videos, but then it never ended so I skipped videos, then it continued to never end so I gave up and currently have a dress sitting in my inventory that I need to deliver from a couple patches ago... I just wanted to be able to do Primal Roulette T_T

8. AgelessDaisy

AgelessDaisy Scion

Server:
    Balmung
    Just get up to the Ultros fight and you're done. Which comes right after that arc.

9. Folant

Folant Adventurer

Nah, you need the latest Hildebrand quests for Trial Roulette now.

10. AgelessDaisy

AgelessDaisy Scion

Server:
    Balmung
    Ooooh. Didn't know that. :p But it's worth doing anyways. Hildebrand is awesome!

11. AisuDjin

AisuDjin Adventurer

Aw you beat me to it.

Feb. 24 Eh? Feels a little late but at least I got time to prepare my girlfriends savings to use in bets.
    My own money? Why, I have no idea what you're talking about... :lie:

Caimie Tsukino and AgelessDaisy like this.
  12. racooperii

racooperii Warrior of Light

Server:
    Brynhildr
    I know what days Im taking off this month.

AisuDjin likes this.
  13. Caimie Tsukino

Caimie Tsukino Realm Scribe

Server:
    Zalera
    I have to agree with this. It makes no sense to turn the saucer into post 50 end game content.

Although, if you are 50, you should have completed your Hildebrand Mandeville quests. I mean, how could you miss out on this??? It's the funniest thing ever! Matty, don't you dare skip the cutscenes! Go get a beer or a glass of wine, sit back, relax and enjoy your Hilde movie. You will regret skipping it! Or i'll make you regret skipping this! Lol!

Speaking of breeding chocobo, i wonder what will happen to the colors! Will a red+blue = purple? That can be interesting... Although, then a purple+yellow will turn into the color of shxt...

MadwitTY likes this.
  14. cinequoinon

cinequoinon Crystal Brave

I don't remember which Q&A it was, but Yoshi-san has already stated that Hildibrand quests are NOT necessary at all to unlock Gold Sausage.

ilmaestro and GeekMatt like this.
  15. racooperii

racooperii Warrior of Light

Server:
    Brynhildr
    I do hope Godbert is in the Saucer somewhere!

16. praysolace

praysolace Warrior of Light

Server:
    Brynhildr
    I'm sure it was autocorrect but I'm just imagining this giant gold-plated sausage sitting on a pedestal in the middle of the Gold Saucer and... yeah. 'Tis glorious. XD

17. AisuDjin

AisuDjin Adventurer

I sure hope so cause I got a bone to pick with him. My girlfriend massaged him at some point in the main storyline and I'm upset. :yell:

In all seriousness perhaps he can sell minions that costs the Gold Saucer currency (Points?) That would be cool.

racooperii and praysolace like this.
  18. praysolace

Server:
    Brynhildr
    Lol when my brothers and I did that quest we all, independently of each other, found out the maximum distance we could stand at and rubbed that oil on him from like 6 feet away.

I'm looking forward to the rewards though (Setzer's clothes Setzer's clothes Setzer's clothes Setzer's clothes). I hope there are some games even I will be decent at or I'm going to cry XD

And I want to see more Hildibrand-mama too!

AisuDjin likes this.
  19. AisuDjin

AisuDjin Adventurer

Oooh yeah, she's quite the looker. Maybe I'll rub some oil on her... :nosebleed:

20. praysolace

Server:
    Brynhildr
    That's um... not what I was... getting at...

Also, that wouldn't be fair. You'd get to rub oil on that and your poor girlfriend only got Godbert. I think the fair tradeoff would be if she got to rub oil on Sir Aymeric.