(The Echo) Podcast Discussion & Requests

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Fybrile, Jan 15, 2014.

1. Fybrile

Fybrile Administrator

Server:
    Cactaur
    As it says on the tin, please feel free to send us any topics you want to see covered by the crew, personal achievements you'd like mentioned, threads you think would be great for our hot topics section, or other segments you'd like to see!

Thanks for listening, and we're really looking forward to hearing from you!

Episode 1: Another Realm Awoken! - http://ffxivrealm.com/media/ffxivrealm-podcast-episode-1-another-realm-awoken.196/media

GerardMoore, Sword and Kolossus like this.
  2. Gara Bloodreaver

Gara Bloodreaver Scion

Fc structure. Im attempting to expand my fc from a small ragtag group of buddies to possibly a mid sized fc. If you could touch on ranks and heirarchy, and positions like raid coordinator, treasurer, my body and other positions that are a standard in FC's in ffxiv for a successful mid sized FC I would appreciate it.

As per special request I am posting this with no pants on.

Sword, Maaja and Fybrile like this.
  3. Nichigo

Nichigo Content Moderator

This actually sounds great. Due to circumstances I ended up getting thrown into leading my current FC...and currently I'm semi-lost as far as how to build it up. Tips on FC building depending on the type of demographic/size you're looking for would be great.

4. Fybrile

Fybrile Administrator

Server:
    Cactaur
    Thanks for the suggestions guys! We'll make sure to discuss it on the next episode. We were actually thinking about having a short, recurring segment specifically devoted to FCs and FC leadership, since everyone in the podcast is either an officer or a leader of their own FC.

And speaking of which, I'd really like to have a segment at the end of the show that highlights how to get minions (one per episode). Ideally, it'd be great to see someone from around the Realm record these 1-2 min clips and send them to me to add to the post-show. If anyone's interested, please feel free to PM me!

5. Fybrile

Fybrile Administrator

Server:
    Cactaur
    We've just finished recording the second episode. If someone from the Realm is interested in hosting a post-show segment, please get in contact with me. We're open for pretty much anything FFXIV or FFXIVRealm related. But, I'd really love to see someone take that minion segment. It would just require about 2-3 minutes of your time, would simply be you introducing yourself, your segment, a minion of the week, what it does, and where to find it. If you can't record your own, I'd be happy to help. All you need is a microphone, skype, and an interest in doing it ;)

Kolossus and Sword like this.
  6. Gara Bloodreaver

Gara Bloodreaver Scion

Every time I listen to the podcast Fybrile sounds like Brian from Family Guy.

Kolossus and Sword like this.
  7. GerardMoore

GerardMoore New Member

Hey guys first time poster here so please bear with me. I don't normally post on websites but I wanted you guys to know your my favorite FFXIV Podcast and I created an account on FFXIVRealm to show my support for the show. Keep up the good work! :)
    I have a couple of topics if your looking for things to talk about:
    1. High level people needing on low level gear. What do you guys think, can anyone need on anything or should high level people pass for the lower level players? I personally feel anyone can need/greed on anything unless something was established before the dungeon begins.
    2. PvP gear. I recently qued up for a level 50 PvP match wearing full ilevel55 PvP gear and my teamates said i shouldn't be queing up for a level 50 pvp fight unless i had ilevel 70 pvp gear or high level pve gear. In my opinon if i wanted to que up for a level 50 pvp match wearing nothing but a bathing suit thats my right, what do you guys think?

I also have a small suggestion for the show, you guys should use FFXIV music instead of music from other FF games. I love the old music too but I feel if you used FF14 music the show would feel more like a Final Fantasy XIV:A Realm Reborn podcast instead of a general Final Fantasy podcast (Unless u guys are going to talk about other FF games in the future). Thats the only suggestion i can think of right now.
    You guys are the new kids on the block when it comes to FF14 podcasts so dont be discouraged if you dont have thousands of listeners yet, if you continue the podcast it will grow.
    Hope to hear episode 5 soon, like I said before keep up the good work.

Kolossus and Fybrile like this.
  8. Fybrile

Fybrile Administrator

Server:
    Cactaur
    Hey Gerard! Welcome to the Realm, and really glad to hear your feedback. It's much appreciated :)

Those are two great topics. We'll try to fit them in over the next few episodes as we finish chewing on this new 2.2 content. I'd really love to use only FFXIV music - the only issue is legality. Without paying for the rights to fairly use this music, we're currently forced to operate under two general practices - 1) Clips have to be shorter than 30 seconds, and 2) Only use cover songs. We've tried to include FFXIV covers whenever we could find one, but there just aren't a lot out there. So, if you get your hands on a FFXIV cover song, please feel free to send it my way and I would be extremely happy to replace some of the older FF title songs in our show :)

... except the spinich rag cover for the mash-up... that stays ;)

It's wonderful to hear from a listener. Our schedules have been a bit hectic lately, but we hope to get the fifth episode (planned for nearly two weeks now) in your ears shortly! Thanks again!!~

Kolossus, Nichigo and GerardMoore like this.
  9. Nichigo

Nichigo Content Moderator

Great episode this last time and I loved the Hot Topic portion.

I have a couple suggestions for upcoming Hot Topics:
    • Do parsers have a place in the game?
    • Serious vs. Casual player: End game raiding
    • Should we read guides for specific fights before attempting them?
    Obviously these are things that have been hot on the forums as of recently. I think it would be interesting to address them in real-time.

Also have some suggestions for FC chat:
    • Company Action management
      • How to decide which ones to activate.
      • How decide the rate at which credits can be spent (i.e. stay in the positive)
    • The All-Around FC: How to appeal to all your members under one roof
      • Serious progression players
      • Hardcore crafters
      • The casual "floaters"
    • Methods for raid grouping and scheduling (this is more "static group" specific, but thought it would fit the FC category).

I could actually contribute to the last bullet point if it's a topic that you guys decided was worth talking about.

Keep up the good work :)

Sword, Jgams and Fybrile like this.
  10. Sword

Sword Scion

Actually I believe we went over this in an earlier episode.

11. Canis-Volk

Canis-Volk Adventurer

How the Ps4 version will effect the community now with an influx of inexperienced dungeon runners?