Temp "Investigation" Bans for Players with Large Amounts of Gil

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ilmaestro, Sep 27, 2013.

1. ilmaestro

ilmaestro Crystal Brave

2. Cocoa

Cocoa Adventurer

I have no idea what SE is doing, nobody knows. This is all just speculation.

Someone can easily say, "SE only banned me because I have so much gil! I earned it all legit!"

Kinda reminds me of when my younger brother was banned from that Toon Town game for using a hack. He swore up and down that he didn't, but of course I found out he did after doing some research on easy to find hacks (he isn't bright enough to do anything that requires work or intelligence) and finding them on his computer in the default download path lol.

I'm not saying whether SE is or isn't banning based on gil. I'm just saying it's very easy to make a claim to look innocent.

3. fluttersnipe

fluttersnipe Crystal Brave

Gotta be more to it than anyone is letting on. I doubt SE would go in half cocked and just start suspending accounts that have "to much" gil. Id wager these are accounts that have large amounts going to and from via mail between multiple toon from different accounts.

Theyre not just gonna go "oh look! He has 10 million gil! Ban that cheating scumbag!".

4. Nyekun

Nyekun Crystal Brave

Good thing I always buy useless crap to make crap no one ever buys.

Angyleous, Jedrek and GeekMatt like this.
  5. drinkmore123

drinkmore123 Adventurer

It's easy to say you are innocent since only SE has the technical proof. In addition, I think it is retarded to say SE bans people based on gil number while they actually have any data they need to trace the source of gil.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2013
    Maaja likes this.
  6. Hulvein Blitz

Hulvein Blitz Crystal Brave

I think they'll look at your activity over a certain period, where the gil was generated etc. Can't see them doing it, just based on gil..

I can see why they'd begin investigating it though. I mean, how many people join CM, just to stand at entrance, and magically return at the end, to be able to properly exit? They abuse certain poorly designed aspects.

But however, if true.. I will assume some legit players will be caught in the crossfire.

7. Grimus

Grimus Scion

Not saying that this IS what they are doing.. but I do know of multiple games that ban people without question for having reached a golden amount of currency. These bans are only on most cases temporary, and an investigation goes to see where and how the currency was generated. While this is obviously an inconvenience to rule abiding players, it is also a very effective way to stop problems before they spiral out of control.

8. xusha

xusha Scion

AHA! Good thing I am not amazing to carry people through HMs, or play the MB for gil!
    Though sucks for those who are doing it in an honest way (not buying gil). Kind of cheesy and a low way of banning people though. Some people have worked had for the gil, so because they're in the top few who have achieved gold through actually playing the game it'll be wrong to have them banned.

So hopefully those who have worked for their gil don't get the perma banned. Some people are just amazing at getting gil. :c

On the other hand, it's a good way to remove the bots.

9. AgelessDaisy

AgelessDaisy Scion

Server:
    Jenova
  10. FFXIV_RPer

FFXIV_RPer Crystal Brave

I'm broke so doesn't affect me :)

But really, I'd like to have faith that they're not just willy-nilly banning people though heck if SE wanted a list of people to ban they could just go off of my blacklist as the only people on it are those RMT / Gil sellers.

11. AgelessDaisy

AgelessDaisy Scion

Server:
    Jenova
    I hold no pity for those who decide to scam players out of their money, albeit it being RMT money. People are going to get caught and it's only the first month of the game. So I am going to sit back, relax and watch a ban wave happen. Kinda like how people tried to abuse Salvage in XI. Nobody listens.

12. Cresscendo

Cresscendo Adventurer

Legacy players may be in trouble. :c

13. FFXIV_RPer

FFXIV_RPer Crystal Brave

Not the legacy characters! I'm on a legacy server and don't want my high level friends to be banned.

14. Fybrile

Fybrile Administrator

Server:
    Cactaur
    Actual thread linked is, in itself, meaningless.

Posted it here for reference:
    1. I don't believe anything on Reddit.
    2. If they are temp banning accounts in an effort to ascertain and deal with RMT in the game, all the more power to them. I'd happily take a temp ban if it meant logging into the game without an RMT pst before the inn room even loads on my screen.

Grimus and FFXIV_RPer like this.
  15. FFXIV_RPer

FFXIV_RPer Crystal Brave

That #2 is just too true geez do RMT people annoy me with their super spam messages.

Fybrile likes this.
  16. GeekMatt

GeekMatt Moderator

Server:
    Brynhildr
    It's all a hoax to scare people out of buying Gil!

FFXIV_RPer likes this.
  17. FFXIV_RPer

FFXIV_RPer Crystal Brave

That could be true too and heck it would be nice if it stopped all those gill sellers.

GeekMatt and xusha like this.
  18. AgelessDaisy

AgelessDaisy Scion

Server:
    Jenova
    Hehehehe......Yoshi-P did say he'd fix gil...

Heras Death likes this.
  19. ilmaestro

ilmaestro Crystal Brave

I agree wholeheartedly - I think the ensuing discussion has the potential to be at least entertaining, though, whether based on fact or fiction.

FFXIV_RPer likes this.
  20. Euriko

Euriko Adventurer

I have 480k, I'm not banned. :3