Welcome to the Realm!

Hello Adventurer! Welcome to the best Final Fantasy community outside of Eorzea! Sign up today, and start meeting some great people from your server!

Join Us

Summoner Summoner

Discussion in 'Disciples of Magic' started by Vamped, Feb 19, 2013.

1. Vamped

Vamped Administrator

[wiki=full]summoner[/wiki]

Elisar and Akki like this.
  2. Hironoga

Hironoga Adventurer

I am excited can not wait to try it out.

3. Cadu

Cadu New Member

I'm excited too :) I've heard everywhere that Summoner won't be able to summon Carbuncle, but I can't find anything "official". Does anyone have a link to an official announcement about no Carbuncle?

4. Danforth Wright

Danforth Wright Crystal Brave

I can't say that I know of an official statement. Perhaps this was said during a live letter.... good luck referencing that.

Vivi585 likes this.
  5. Meril

Meril Adventurer

I don't know if that would necessarily make sense, seeing as Arcanist is the primary prerequisite for Summoner. Seeing as we're able to use all of the abilities from our primary class with our jobs, and assuming that many of Arcanists abilities relate directly to Carbuncle, odds would suggest that Carbuncle will likely be available for Summoner. Just my thoughts o:

Vivi585 likes this.
  6. Finnalie

Finnalie Adventurer

I believe that rumor came about by looking at the datamined ability list. Arcanist gets Ruby Carbuncle (caster) at level 4, and Diamond Carbuncle (tank) at level 15. Then the Summoner ability list has Ramuh at level 4 and Titan at level 15, making people believe that the two carbuncles get replaced with their corresponding avatars. I think it is a sneaky way to give SMNs more abilities. :angel:

If you'd like to take a look at the list yourself follow the linky!

http://ffxiv.zam.com/forum.html?forum=152&mid=1371136710213765468&h=50

Meril likes this.
  7. Cadu

Cadu New Member

Thank you :)

8. Luko

Luko Scion

The official word actually comes from the E3 interview Yoshi had with the english translator. He stated that Carbuncle was going to be arcanist exclusive and that Summoner would be using the Egi's.

I don't really have the patience to sift through the video, however. :meh:

Anyway, until we're given something in writing, I guess it's all up in the air for now.

Vivi585 likes this.
  9. Exire

Exire Crystal Brave

I figured it was obvious just with how the class and two jobs are in pictures. Arcanist uses Carbuncle, Summoner uses Egi's...? Why are they called that anyway? Scholar has the fairy...though that's a minor thought in my head honestly. Unlike in XI, these 'creatures' are used simply as tools instead of summons practically becoming the class itself with them being so gigantic. I'm more interested in what the skills of the class and jobs will be. That's how you figure out exactly what the class actually is after all. If there's nothing now, I guess they'll just have us find out in open beta.

10. Vivi585

Vivi585 Adventurer

I almost like that they aren't gigantic. it reminds me of zwei from soulcalibur http://ps3.mediagen.fr/soulcalibur-v-04-08-2011-screenshot-5_0901F8038000081124.jpg they seem to be more like familiars.... like parts of the summoner rather than separate entities... i did not play ffxi so i have nothing to compare to..... just my opinion.... it might be a lil bias....
    <seeing as how im a prospective summoner myself....

11. Luko

Luko Scion

12. satou

satou Adventurer

I am curious to see what the second class needed to create an summoner is going to be.

13. Finnalie

Finnalie Adventurer

Arcanist + Thaumaturge for SMN, Arcanist + Conjurer for SCH