Strange control issues

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by Lord Tristem, Oct 22, 2016.

1. Lord Tristem

Lord Tristem Crystal Brave

Server:
    Lamia
    So today I started having a rather odd issue with the controls. When I would get close to a group of enemies the game would start targeting enemies automatically and cycle rapidly between them. At first I thought it was my controller, but when I unplugged it it persisted. I then switched to keyboard and mouse and same problem. At that point I said f**k it and unplugged everything problem still persisted. Is this some kind of weird glitch or am I suffering technical difficulties. Just want to make sure that this isn't just me.

Also it will cycle through the automatic chat responses if I activate the chat.

2. GeekMatt

GeekMatt Moderator

Server:
    Brynhildr
  3. Lord Tristem

Server:
    Lamia
    off/on? Is that some setting in the systems config? There's so many settings I have yet to go through them all.

4. GeekMatt

GeekMatt Moderator

Server:
    Brynhildr
    I meant shutting your system off and on

5. Lord Tristem

Server:
    Lamia
    I did close out of the game and then came back on. It fixed it for a while but a half hour later it started again.

6. GeekMatt

GeekMatt Moderator

Server:
    Brynhildr
    It does sound like a pretty common issue with a connected device like a controller or keyboard. If you disconnect the keyboard and it keeps going, try making sure the buttons aren't sticking or anything then reconnect and see if that stops it. If so, it's probaby your controller. Alternatively try using different devices for a while if you have a spare

Lord Tristem likes this.
  7. Lord Tristem

Server:
    Lamia
    Hmm I see well I'll see if it happens again and if it does I'll give it a try. I don't think its the controller since its not acting strange in any other game. Could be my keyboard or mouse. Anyway thanks for the feedback Geekmatt.

GeekMatt likes this.
  8. Jinzuku

Jinzuku Vice Administrator

Server:
    Phoenix
    It could also be something interfering with the wireless signal between the controller and the console. Have you got anything else using Bluetooth around where you are playing?