start of subscription pay?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by VersatileMojo27, Aug 27, 2013.

1. VersatileMojo27

VersatileMojo27 Member

Does it begin in 3 days or 33 days? CE was granted 33 while plain preorders were granted 3 days so i'd imagine they'd start subscriptions in 3 days?
    Oh, and also, what are the prices for subscription. It just seems odd to me that the more days subscribed, the lower the amount.
  2. metallicorphan

metallicorphan Active Member

prices here..not sure when it starts though(33 or 3 days)

The more days subscribed the lower the amount is the same for a lot of things really,thats not that strange(like a lot of offers buy 2 get one free for example)

http://www.ffxivinfo.com/service.php
  3. Happystab

Happystab Member

The lower prices per length of subscription is a discount for pre-subscribing a long time in advance... it's an incentive for you to take a longer subscription so square get their money faster.. it's win win for both parties.
  4. Grembo

Grembo Active Member

Bought 90 days but can't seem to confirm it through the mog station, got my email and everything so a bit confused :/
  5. Heras Death

Heras Death Active Member

Thats their business model, idea is to keep as much subscribed players as possible as these make long term profit. So its only natural that the longer subscription period you get the more discount you can, making you more incline to purchase the cheapest one. 10 guys subscribing the 12 month contract gives them more then 10 guys getting a 1 month contract.

Look at Mobile phone contracts, works same way. They make you believe getting an iPhone 5 for o2 for 24 months(2 years) is a good deal, yes on paper it does but you are actually spending more than double than if you would have shelled out the full $499 handset free.

Hope I make sense.
  6. metallicorphan

I know this may be a stupid question,but do you pay a lump sum?,or are you Direct Debited on your Credit or Debit Card for 3 months?
  7. Grembo

Grembo Active Member

Says it's renewed when you have no playtime left, I had to pay £0.00 :p
    metallicorphan likes this.
  8. Heras Death

I would like to know whether I am charged full 90 day package upfront or it is direct debit spread out the course of 90 day. I cannot afford to shell out upfront.
    Grembo likes this.
  9. metallicorphan

hmm,okay thanks,not really sure if that means charged for 90s days when they are up,guess it probably does...I guess you didn't have to pay anything because of the free service for the month(or 3 days whatever it is)
  10. Sayura

Sayura Active Member

Signed up for 180 days.. didn't tell me how much it even cost, lol.
  11. Heras Death

Do we have to pay upfront? Seriously this is my main question:nailbiting:
  12. Nehym

Nehym Active Member

Normally it is a sum every month that you cannot cancel until the full sub is up. That's how it was in other games but i don't think it is possible to say right now if this one will be the same.. :/

As for me setting up a subscription is simply not working at all. Do i have to buy Crysta for it to show up?
  13. metallicorphan

Thanks Nehym,hoping its the same,then i'll go 180 days,LOL

do you sort it out in game or do you have to do it by website?(just saying because i have installed the disc now and it just seems the same as Early Access,no where i can see about payments)
  14. Nehym

Nehym Active Member

It's on the website, the mog station. Whenever i click list subscription, it tells me there are none available and i don't see anywhere else to select anything. My payment information is already there, i just cannot pick out my sub type.. :/

Edit: It finally shows up! I had to close the full Square Enix Management page then re-open it up.. nd there was the shiny little button for it.
  15. DejaVu

DejaVu Member

Almost all subs that you pay 90, 180 days etc are lump sums. I get error though trying to pay with credit card :meh:
  16. metallicorphan

Okay,monthly it is then,shame..thanks for that

It's weird that there is absolutely no mention of subscription,mog station or anything in the games manual or in the game..WTF Square??
    Yerex likes this.
  17. Yerex

Yerex Member

So just to clarify, I use mogstation to pay for my sub even though I play on ps3 right?
  18. metallicorphan

I think so as i am on PS3 as well,but i am currently wondering what the hell crysta is..and why i can't just add a months subscription

hopefully i have missed something
    --- Double Post Merged, Aug 27, 2013 ---

Or i may just wait until my freebie time is up(which currently says 3 days..is that right for CE versions as well?)

Their support centre doesn't work either god damn it why are you so annoying Square????
    Last edited: Aug 27, 2013
    Yerex likes this.
  19. Elvirnith

Elvirnith Active Member

Just to clear this one thing up, you don't need to buy Crysta at all. Once you've added your credit card / debit card to your account, you're able to select your subscription period (automatically auto-renews) in your account management. It'll simply bill your credit card after 33 days (as of this writing) have passed, since we have the first 30 days free + the remainder of the Early Access period. So, here's how it should go:

Step 1:

https://secure.square-enix.com/account/app/svc/member

1. Add your account information (Name, Address, etc.)
    2. Add your payment method (credit / debit card)

Then, after that, go here:

https://secure.square-enix.com/account/app/svc/mogstation

1. Enter your serial you received from wherever you purchased the game from (box or digital) to register it on your account
    2. Choose your payment method and select 30 / 60 / 90 days according to what you can afford.

Also, for many people, the Mog Station is currently not showing all of their characters. If this happens to you, don't freak out. You should still receive the items in-game on your other characters.

Now, if you don't want to add your credit / debit card you can buy Crysta and utilize that to pay. You simply need to buy an appropriate amount in the first link above, and then in the Mog Station select Crysta as your payment method instead. Just remember that you'll need to manually buy Crysta when it runs out.
    Yerex likes this.
  20. Grembo

Grembo Active Member

Pretty much done all this but don't see where to add the serial?