Standard, or CE,SE what ever edition of 14

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Chaos_Martin, Jan 28, 2013.

1. Chaos_Martin

Chaos_Martin Active Member

When FF14 does come out, what are you going to get? Your normal everyday copy, or you going to get a CE,SE or what ever edition copy that gives you a little bit more for just a little bit more £/$?

I'm going to get a Collectors or Special edition.
  2. Owainn

Owainn Member

14 already came out... I dont think ARR will have a Special/Collectors edition. It is mostly being treated as a massive expansion pack for FFXIV.

AION did the same thing. Upon the release of their first expansion pack they took out all of the original copies and sold the copies with the expansion pack as a whole.
  3. Blackpearlguy

Blackpearlguy Active Member

I bought the CE it came with a journal of all things and... The little password protector thing.. And i'm pretty sure that was it? Even if there is a CE I won't be fooled again, last time we had a week early access though if I remember correctly (It was in 2010!)
  4. Kindgineer

Kindgineer Active Member

I have already bought the Collectors Edition, so hopefully they'll either leave me with the cool stuff I had or make some up some new stuff for ARR.
  5. Owainn

Owainn Member

If you have codes from Collectors Editions and such that give you special ingame items. You will be able to use them in ARR. If you were to go buy one right now, you will be able to use that account and get the ARR download free. *I say this because you can still get lucky and get your hands on a copy for $20 instead of the initial $40-50 that will be charged when ARR launches.*
  6. Vamped

Vamped Administrator

I always tend to stay away for Collector's Edition games. I have never been impressed with the extras and bonuses. Certainly not worth my extra hard earned money.
  7. Owainn

Owainn Member

Yea they REALLY tend to suck. If I am not mistaken, I believe the only 3 games I have seen where the CE was worth it was WoW, Tera, and AION.
  8. Chaos_Martin

Yeah LBP2 CE sucked balls, Especially the EU edition. For a extra £10 You could get DLC that you could get later on and a metal case.

@Owainn I know FF14 already out I meant FF14 ARR.
  9. kitkatkita

kitkatkita Active Member

I really hope there is a Collectors Edition for the PS3 version, while I actually have never bought a Collectors Edition, I'd love to pay out extra for Special stuff.

Edit: Infact, that's a lie. I recently have bought 2 Special editions, but haven't recieved them yet :D
  10. Matra

Matra New Member

If there -is- a Realm Reborn CE available, I'll definitely pitch in the extra money for it. At the very least because I appreciate what Yoshi-P and the team are doing for the franchise.
  11. Estebanx1

Estebanx1 Active Member

All I want is the game and nothing else an art book or stragtegy guide wold be cool. I only se those to looks at anyways and let my brother use it a reference to draw on paper.
  12. Dragon

Dragon Well Known Member

Depends on when the game hits, but if anything I am 99% likely to buy any possible Collectors/Limited Edition.
  13. Chaos_Martin

Yeah for me it depends on what the CE/SE contains. If it's good enough and worth the extra Mulla. Then I would get CE/SE,
  14. Owainn

Owainn Member

CE are worth the money if the REAL LIFE items are worth it.
  15. Chaos_Martin

Or in game, something that other player's couldn't get and nothing like Noel's or Sarah's DLC weapons. I know there cheap but come on! I brought Noel's Masamun weapon and it only got to to chapter 2 until I could buy better equipment and the upgraded masamune was too much of a pain to get the items for to buy it.