Square Enix Customer Support (NA) - is it difficult to get in touch with them?

Discussion in 'Technical Support' started by Kyrie, Jun 14, 2013.

1. Kyrie

Kyrie New Member

So I need to get in touch with Square Enix because I am having issues with my account and thus cannot access the beta yet, which I was hoping to do this weekend. To my knowledge the following are the ways of resolving my issue:

1. Customer Support Site (fastest)

2. Online Chat (fast-ish, possibly)

3. Customer Support Hotline (slow)

4. Email (really slow)

Unfortunately this issue cannot be resolved by just following the instructions on the support website, otherwise I would have just done it already. I have sent an email to Square and they responded saying they will resolve my issue within 2 business days, but that means I will not be able to test during the weekend. This means that to test during the weekend I have to get in touch with them either by online chat or customer service hotline.

The online chat does not seem to be working (whenever I click on the 'online chat' button from my ticket page, a blank page appears). I called the customer support hotline (1-858-790-7529 is what I found on Google; if this is not the correct number or you know of another number then please let me know), got the automated message directing me to the FFXIV directory, then waited an hour and twenty minutes for someone to answer, but no one did.

At this point I'm stumped on how to get in touch with these guys. Do you all have any experience in getting in touch with Square?

If you do, help a brother out! I make a mean cookie!:D
  2. Danforth Wright

Danforth Wright Well Known Member

Yes and No. You will get somebody, however it's their willingness to help that's suspect. Your list is correct by my experience. Your phone number is correct, it's been on my bookmarks list since 2005 ish. However, when Square Enix gets flooded, things go really really bad. Their helpfulness and attention to detail plummets to levels that will test your ability to stick with the game. They start leaping to conclusions and cutting you off, by phone or email/text, doesn't matter what format.

The 2-business day rule is their way of stalling you out and hoping you take care of it yourself. I can't count how many times I called/emailed them and ended up fixing it myself via the community. The delays and wait times are terrible and I personally can't see how they claim to call it support. But once your up and running things are golden!
    Kyrie likes this.
  3. Kyrie

Kyrie New Member

Thank you for confirming my information and providing insight Danforth; it's a shame the customer service is so terrible.

I ended up resolving the issue just to have another issue come up, so it looks like I will have to keep trying to reach them.
  4. Danforth Wright

Danforth Wright Well Known Member

I'm very sorry to hear it. Best of luck to ya.