Soooo on the topic of this update mishap.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Oblivion_Freak1, Aug 15, 2013.

1. Oblivion_Freak1

Oblivion_Freak1 Member

I'm not sure where everyone is. PS3 still can't update as far as I know, withour invalid accounts, and I dunno if PC has finished or not.

Buuuut, say on the off chance that a mass amount of people miss that early access day tomorrow. What do you think will happen. Surely the community will go ape s**t, I hear they already are.

=o Is this grounds for compensation, ya think? Or should we just be thankful they got it open.
  2. Ingrid

Ingrid Active Member

One day isn't going to kill us. Them maybe. But not us.
  3. Madmex

Madmex Member

It sucks but I work anyhow. Just as long as they don't mess up the regular release.
    nobopyon likes this.
  4. Gonzothegreat198

Gonzothegreat198 Member

TBQH, this is part of the reason FOR beta. Everyone is complaining about mishap that, screwup this, and forget that while they are opening the beta up, it still is beta. They are still testing the game, and these kind of mishaps, bugs and failures should surprise no one. Stop treating this like early access and you'll stop being so butthurt about something that you have no business being butthurt about in the first place
  5. Oblivion_Freak1

Oblivion_Freak1 Member

While I totally agree...I feel like they should have kinda seen this coming. For one, letting all the windows people just download it, and then sending the beta codes out just a few days before everything releases? I mean, it seems like they didn't even expect a problem to occur with the client.

I dunno. It just seems like if they figured they needed to test the client such as downloading and updating, they'd have said "Hey go download this and let us know if ya can" about a week ago, instead of just two or three days before the big launch.
    tokasmo likes this.
  6. Madmex

Madmex Member

You're absolutely right. Need to inform them about this bug.
  7. rennie245

rennie245 Newbie

The problem isen't that they are having issues the problem is that there half-assed way of making the client only available 1 day before lauch was literly begging for something to go wrong whit very little time to fix it.
    HeroMystic likes this.
  8. Gonzothegreat198

Gonzothegreat198 Member

Funny, I could have sworn the big launch was still a week away, did they change stuff while i wasn't looking?
    --- Double Post Merged, Aug 15, 2013 ---

Because you've never had these issues with any other open beta release or any release. Yah sure.
  9. rennie245

rennie245 Newbie

You're completly missing the point, the early access is lauching in 4-5 days which means they already had the client ready for at very less a full week, if they had just shipped the codes then and let us DL the game this issue would have been found and fixed by now and nobody would be complaining about anything.
  10. Oblivion_Freak1

Oblivion_Freak1 Member

The beta is launching. In a week, the game will be releasing. Two totally different things.
    Gonzothegreat198 likes this.
  11. KanenM

KanenM Member

Its a beta mate. you didn't pay for nothing so of course no compensation will be given
  12. Gonzothegreat198

Gonzothegreat198 Member

No, early acess isn't launching for over a week. Early access starts on the 24th which is 8 days away. Ntm, there's always some kind of update before beta starts regardless of when you download the full client beforehand, so this still could have happened, whether you were able to download a week ago or not.
  13. Oblivion_Freak1

Oblivion_Freak1 Member

Oook. Let me go ahead and say this for any future posters.

It would appear people think that I am pushing the idea that we deserve compensation.

The post was merely to come off as a general debate on the issue. Nothing more.

Hopefully that clears up any posts that have come off as irritated or whatever.
  14. KanenM

KanenM Member

sorry i wasn't trying to be rude but remember until this game is released. its still in development thus nothing is set in stone.
  15. Gonzothegreat198

Gonzothegreat198 Member

If people think they deserve compensation for this they need to reresearch the definition of a beta
  16. Oblivion_Freak1

Oblivion_Freak1 Member

Yeeeeah...buddy not only are you being entirely too literal, but you are indeed missing the point.

By technicality, an open beta IS accessing the game early, before release. That's where THAT came from.

Now, HERE is where you're missing the point. We're not saying that if they released the clients earlier, there wouldn't be an update. We're saying, that if they had released it all earlier, they would have had more time to combat an issue like the one that has popped up. THAT is the point we're talking about.
  17. HeroMystic

HeroMystic Well Known Member

People, don't let the overarching point go to waste just because of some miswording.

I get what you're saying, but problem is they probably wanted to stress test their client, which is why they only gave us a day. That's generally why companies do things like that for their Open Betas.

Does the situation suck for PS3 players? Definitely. I hope the problem gets fixed before servers are up so everyone gets their equal amount of time. But it is a good thing this happened in Beta rather than launch.
    KanenM likes this.
  18. Gonzothegreat198

Gonzothegreat198 Member

And you're missing my point. Even if they HAD released it early, it doesn't mean that this issue would have been found at that time. It still could have happened when EVERYONE was trying to access the update at the same time, regardless of how large an update it was. And even if it's an open beta, IT IS STILL A BETA VERSION!
  19. Oblivion_Freak1

Oblivion_Freak1 Member

You're talking like someone is complaining that they lost in game inventory, and feel they should be paid for it somehow. THAT is where you would be right in saying, "Hey it's a beta". Regardless of rather or not this launcher is for the beta or if it were for the real game, the issue is, they promised us past testers an early day. It's more the fact that we're missing out on it. True, not really something that people should seek compensation for, but it IS something that was promised, and due to what I can only see as poor planning, it looks like there is a chance it will be missed.
  20. Lord of Onzozo

Lord of Onzozo Active Member

And their 5 hour old twitter update can hardly be called "updated"! Lol
    Madmex likes this.