Solo Dungeons?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Sai, Mar 23, 2015.

1. Sai

Sai Crystal Brave

Server:
    Brynhildr
    Just curious if solo dungeons are possible? I feel like I never really get a chance to appreciate the places. Like I just did Lost City of Amndapor* and I thought it was beautiful but as I chase down run happy tanks and such I don't get to take in the little things.

I'm not like hardcore player or anything. And I guess bosses would probably make solo impossible (especially on higer lvl dungeons). But I figure I can whittle down mobs and keep myself up. It wouldn't be that different than solo story missions. And being myself I wouldn't feel rushed and could take my sweet time exploring and whatnot.

*spelling, sorry.

2. Laventious

Laventious Crystal Brave

That dungeon is my favorita the bgm is amazing compared to the others and it's truly one if not the best structured dungeons I've seen but solo dungeons would be cool mainly with the help of your choco and it would be a cool thing for SE to put in

Sai likes this.
  3. Billy Batsonn

Billy Batsonn Crystal Brave

Server:
    Brynhildr
    I kinda fill the same way, I still have the cutscenes from every one of my dungeons to watch back in the inn but it be cool to be able to slow down and take in the place some.

Sai likes this.
  4. Sai

Sai Crystal Brave

Server:
    Brynhildr
    Yeah being able to run a dungeon with my trusty sidekick chocobo would be awesome!

And I do realize that point to playing an mmo is to play with other ppl and I love running dungeons with the fc. But yeah I just don't want to be a bother when I have the urge to go see what's down that path the tank sprinted right past. Sure, its probably nothing but I'd like to see for myself!!

Laventious likes this.
  5. ilmaestro

ilmaestro Crystal Brave

A huge portion of the content in the game has been soloed (simple youtube search for whichever dungeon you want to see should do), but I'd like them to add actual solo queues to old content in 3.0/3.1.

6. Sai

Sai Crystal Brave

Server:
    Brynhildr
    Watching a video of someone doing it just isn't the same. I can't control the camera or anything.

But if they have, how'd they do it? Queue with friends and then, idk friends drop?

7. Laventious

Laventious Crystal Brave

I don't think you get the achievement either if you don't actually clear the whole map idk if that bothers you but it does me xD it's mainly a dead end or trash mobs but like you said I rather see it than wonder :p

Sai likes this.
  8. ilmaestro

ilmaestro Crystal Brave

Yep, exactly that.

9. Sai

Sai Crystal Brave

Server:
    Brynhildr
    Oh you know it! Need those cheevos!!

Laventious likes this.
  10. praysolace

praysolace Warrior of Light

Server:
    Brynhildr
    Lost City is just gorgeous. And that music. That music! *sighs dreamily*

That said, no, soloing a dungeon is not really feasible without being a colossal pain in the arse, even as a Summoner with Titan-Egi out. A lot of dungeons would be impossible to do mechanically with only one player. But Yoshi-P did say at some point that they were considering trying to implement some form of solo dungeoning experience. It'll probably be quite a ways out if it ever gets implemented, but they've at least considered it. They also said it might involve having NPC characters, perhaps Grand Company soldiers, accompany you. Honestly that thought gives me pause, because if class quests and story instances are any indication, NPCs are terrible at tanking and healing, but hey, who knows, maybe they'll implement this one day and it'll be awesome.

In the meantime, I'll be over here playing a YouTube video of Lost City music on repeat. Again.

11. Sai

Sai Crystal Brave

Server:
    Brynhildr
    I actually just want to replay that dungeon so I can experienc the music and aesthetics over and over again. The poison crap and weird bosses idk but the rest...

Caimie Tsukino and Laventious like this.
  12. Caimie Tsukino

Caimie Tsukino Realm Scribe

Server:
    Zalera
    Yes, i do remember yoshi said they were thinking about the idea of solo dungeons, but they probably hasnt figured out a good way to implement it yet. Seeing how a lot of other new things are coming up, i doubt they would put this solo thing into priority. And it will likely just get shuffed onto the backburner for eternity. :spit:

Sai likes this.
  13. Jinzuku

Jinzuku Vice Administrator

Server:
    Phoenix
    @Caimie Tsukino is right, Yoshi-P is actually trying to implement a system that will allow solo play of dungeons.

The method he is currently toying with is for you to have a number of companions that will run the dungeon with you (controlled by AI) to fill certain roles.

However, with the expansion coming, this has probably taken a backseat for now.

Sovereign Grace and Sai like this.
  14. Fairfox

Fairfox New Member

Soloing a dungon is for Kirito only .... Sorry but no solos.......... Just jokes... just pay someone to be your desinated tourguide. [I havn't started playing Yet so don't listen to me... i just figured id pop a message on.

delta5ff likes this.
  15. Jinzuku

Server:
    Phoenix
    Well the only way you could do it now strictly by yourself is to join a queue with people you know and once you get in, ask those people to leave.

That would be how the people on YouTube are doing it I'd imagine.

However, as most people have said, you'd be killed pretty fast since all your gear is scaled to the content. Unless you stay in the starting area of the dungeon for the music.

16. Fairfox

Fairfox New Member

Em how is the music IN dungeons [Some reason reading your post i'm picturing an elevator] Though if anyone could solo a dungon wouldn't a paladin be able ..... Kite the mobs/ boss and come back for a left hook run run run [healing self]. Might take forever but yeh

17. Sai

Sai Crystal Brave

Server:
    Brynhildr
    Some of the music is fantastic!! I don't think I've experienced any "elevator" type music in any instance.

18. Fairfox

Fairfox New Member

Well its like the stupid music you hear when, some company puts you on hold

19. Jinzuku

Server:
    Phoenix
    You wouldn't be able to heal yourself enough. Paladin's heals aren't effective enough to keep them alive on their own. If they were, then healers wouldn't be needed. Good theory though.

20. Caimie Tsukino

Caimie Tsukino Realm Scribe

Server:
    Zalera
    If there's one class that can effectively solo everything, it'll be Summoner. All it needs is summon Titan-Egi, which is a tank. Then the Summoner DPSes. As for heals, Summoner has a weak "physick" to heal, and a pretty strong "sustain" (but with longer cooldown) to help pet recover HP. Physick alone is kind of weak, but with Sustain, it's definitely some considerable heals for a pet tank. Hell, even if pet dies, you can immediately Swiftcast+Summon another one... So here comes never-ending story part 7! LOL!

praysolace and Jinzuku like this.