So..Treasure Hunting

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Rena, Nov 20, 2013.

1. Rena

Rena Active Member

We finally got some info on what TH will actually be :3

Treasure Hunts- Search for buried treasure with up to four players and obtain crafting material, consumable items, and tomestones.

So from sounds of it, this will be a DF activity. But this just brings up more questions. Will this be something similar to guildhest where we kill a pack of enemies then search for loot near them ? Or is SE smart enough to actually think of a DF event for gathering class ?

Either way I am so excited for this. Seems really promising no matter what road it goes down.
    Grimus likes this.
  2. Gara Bloodreaver

Gara Bloodreaver Well Known Member

It would be awesome if they made me the prize c:
    Shroomie and Grimus like this.
  3. Nichigo

Nichigo Content Moderator Content Moderator

"Up to four players" actually sounds like you could do it with less...which actually suggests it probably not being in the duty finder.

Nobody has any other details on this or any other features from 2.1 except what's been posted already. The next LIVE letter is scheduled in a little under 2 days from now, and they have said there will be alot more information about 2.1 in that. Until then, your guess is as good as ours.
  4. Tenma_Touge

Tenma_Touge Member

Where did you get this tidbit from? As a crafter, TH seems very promising!
  5. Rena

Rena Active Member

From this post http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/...stem-useless-Mythology-Cap?p=1578533#poststop

Sadly thats all that was mentioned.

Thats a very good point, but how would they limit players participating players ? And a better question, would we even want it to be tied to DF ?
  6. ilmaestro

ilmaestro Well Known Member

Could be instanced like how Chimera/Hydra are, but with four man party limit rather than eight.
  7. Euriko

Euriko Member

I wonder if it will be like a DoL job but with party perks. :)
    I'm excited for this.
  8. DejaVu

DejaVu Member

I remember around release that in future, fishing could fish up treasure maps and then people could go out and find them through a quest like sytem. Can't remember source or how reputable it is
  9. laretheo

laretheo Member

i asked in suggestions about this to where you could fish up certain level of maps 1-10 or something and like first 4 could be solo or duo but gets harder and harder the higher the level of map. also the level or miner or botanist could help in weather or not you can dig up that certain map level have a group of fighters ready and when map is dug up and mobs spawn its hell for leather full on fighting till winner and in treasure chest could be next level map or a random rare item used in something. sorry if i'm just rambling on but i'm looking forward to w/e they have in store for this UO(ultima online) all over again :) also next job could be cartographer or something that makes maps and other scrolls/spells
  10. Beardacus

Beardacus Newbie

Call me a masochist, but I really miss the old grinding groups that existed in EQ and FF11. When I heard of this thats what came to mind. Grinding with friends for hours at a time. Joking around and getting to know each other. Ah the good old days.
  11. Gara Bloodreaver

Gara Bloodreaver Well Known Member

I met alot of people mob grinding EQ. Specifically Crushbone. Ah Crushbone...nothing like minding your own business hacking away at orcs until you see that ominous text in your chatbox......."TRAIN!!!"
  12. Beardacus

Beardacus Newbie

It's pretty sad that the only mmo friends I made that I still keep in touch with til this day are my friends from EQ. Being with a party for hours at a time and relying on each other to do a specific job really formed good friendships. As much as I enjoyed early WoW, WoW killed that aspect of mmos.
    Balaur likes this.