Should I prepare for Shadowbringers?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by delta5ff, May 29, 2019.

1. delta5ff

delta5ff Scion

When Stormblood dropped I burnt myself out doing the seemingly infinite amount of side quest trying to level multiple jobs at the same time. Having come back now in preparation for Shadowbringers I focused on just my main and have gotten through the 4.0 story, I've also beaten all the Omega and Ivalice content (as that is normally the hardest content to complete with a new expac).

I haven't touched any of the quest's, trials or dungeons from the patches. So far I've been thinking of leaving these until 5.0 drop's so I can use them to help with the levelling process to 80, beyond getting straight into Shadowbringers is there any benefit to completing all this now or would waiting the month be the best course of action?

2. Jinzuku

Jinzuku Vice Administrator

Server:
    Phoenix
    I guess there's no guarantee that those dungeons will give exp once ShB hits. I personally find the story and content in the patches to be better than what's in the initial release so I don't think I could hold back on doing them.

Really, the only benefit is knowing the story.

3. delta5ff

delta5ff Scion

Well this is the first time I've never been up to date when an expac hits. the dungeons and trials will at least give exp for running them.

But if all the quests also get exp rewards then it might be worth holding off until ShB. theoretically I could be lvl 73 in such a case before I hit the expac content lessening the grind.