Shadows of Rebirth Recruiting!

Discussion in 'Brynhildr' started by Fiona, Jul 18, 2015.

1. Kylie

Kylie Bounty Hunter III

Server:
    Brynhildr
    Shadows of Rebirth < Shade > is a Casual and relaxed FC that seaks to give people of all kinds a home to relax and enjoy every aspect of the game as they want with help from anyone who can.

We do not focus on anything specific, We are not an "End game" FC or Raid or static. We are friends, and casual players that wan't to do Everything in general.

Methodology
    We are the Shadows of our players in game, Our characters reborn to our control.
    A relaxed place to find friends, ask for help and receive & Progress in what you want without worry.

Free Company Goals Most to least important.
    1. FC House.
    OBTAINED!
    Plot 51 Ward 6 Lavender beds

2. Rank 6+ FC rank.
    OBTAINED!
    Currently rank 7 working on rank 8
    OBTAINED!

3. Misc goals Post house purchase.
    * Aetherial wheel. OBTAINED!
    * Chocobo Stable OBTAINED!
    * Establish a website for the FC OBTAINED!
    http://shadowsofrebirth.enjin.com/home

Honorary members.
    Honorary members are people who like to join the FC but are limited to 1 FC at a time, And so we have a Linkshell for those of us who wan't to keep in touch outside the FC.
    Read more about this Free Company...

Last edited: Aug 28, 2015
  2. Sama_

Sama_ New Member

Server:
    Moogle
    I'm genuinely curious about your fc, myself and two others are thinking of server changes since the data center we currently play on (EU,moogle server) is going to actually be put in Europe by the end of the year so I can't play there once that happens and currently looking for a new home for my friends and myself . I'm curious on some of the things in your server as well if you don't mind me asking like the economy, community and how are people focused aa far as content goes on the server as well as your fc.

I myself main monk and dark knight and nearing warrior to 60 here this week or next.

I myself love doing endgame and hanging out to chat with people and doing other random shenanigans to pass time. I enjoy helping people out with what I can to the best of what I can do (mostly pve related since I've never lvld crafting up) fast learner so I can pick up stuff rather quickly and I'm also fairly patient when it comes to teaching strats to new comers.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2015
    Kylie likes this.
  3. Kylie

Kylie Bounty Hunter III

Server:
    Brynhildr
    Disclaimer, The following views and opinions are of my own and a generalization of the people on Brynhildr from my personal experience. It is not meant to be targeted at anyone specific or anyone of the realm.

You and your friends sound like you would fit my FC nicely. Currently we only have about 10 active members and we are definitely not focused on end game stuff right now. I'm still yet to hit lvl 60 on my "fake" main.

We do have a home, we also are working on expanding our members and getting a Reliable website working. I think I'm going to experiment with a different one...

Now here's the thing, the server? Brynhildr is easily one of the worst servers out there. I'm sorry to all the Brynhildrens here who are mostly good Brynhildies But the fact is it is plagued with stupidity from the console people and laziness all over. The Market board is horrible and the overall community sucks outside of us on the realm primarily Don't get me wrong there's bad everywhere but Brynhildr is notoriously known for having a poor community, a poor Raid / end game community and a s**t market board with ignorant players. It does have some redeeming qualities though.

The FCs and friend groups that are good, Such as bastion, My FC, Marl, etc, are really good FCs and because it's so difficult to have a really good FC on brynhildr due to the fairly s**t playerbase on brynhildr, makes the FCs stand out more imo compared to others on say Leviathan or Gilgemesh or bahamut.

As for my FC and end game, I do wan't to host some events such as doing coil, Crystal tower, Alex, Ex primals. I have an enjin setup but we just need more members. Ultimately though we are a Casual FC first and a Raid/endgame FC second.

I hope this information has helped and I hope you continue to enjoy the game to it's fullest. May you walk in the light of the crystal.
    --- Double Post Merged, Aug 19, 2015, Original Post Date: Aug 19, 2015 ---
    Post updated for 8/19/15

4. GeekMatt

GeekMatt Moderator

Server:
    Brynhildr
    It's true, Brynhildr isn't perfect. Compared to other servers we have a lack of more hardcore/progressive raiding, the raiding on our server is done mostly by casual FC-based raiding statics. If you are looking for better progressive Raiding on Brynhildr, I'd recommend checking out Onion Knights.

The community is very nice/helpful for the most part, unless you're being a jerk yourself, in which case results may vary. I get stories from newbies in my FC about how they were helped by a random stranger and I know more experienced players like myself, @kotorinbo @PrincessNewb @xshevix @Basket Case @praysolace @Sai @Porkchop Sandwiches @kaleely @Kef @Mike Hock @Dialuv etc... and countless more who don't have an account here are quick to help strangers on Brynhildr. In my 2 years the only time I've seen people go without help fell into one of the three following catagories
    1. They played during the slower periods and didn't know many people
    2. They fail to let people know they need help
    3. They have a poor attitude and act as if they're entitled to help from other players, rather than being grateful and appreciative and putting back into the community themselves (or display an interest in doing so).
    In the case of 3, these people still frequently find some degree of help from folks like Koto who can't bring herself to turn down someone in need :p

As an FC leader of 2 years (this Nov) getting recruits has been exceptionally easy just by having a positive presence and putting yourself/your FC out there. Realizing this early on, I found it was essential to figure out ways to slow recruitment in ways that attracts like-minded individuals while discouraging others. In our case an application process helped eliminate those that aren't willing to make some small effort and this has yielded us consistently good people with few exceptions.

The exceptions I've seen wreak havoc on my FC, as well as other FCs. These people tend to be "creeps" and they're definitely on Brynhildr. They typically obsess over a player(s) or a FC and will go as far as to create alt after alt trying to deceive people and convince you that they're someone new only to follow down the same path they did on their original toon after receiving a clear disinterest from the person/FC. I've seen it a few times in my FC and in others on Brynhildr so it's definitely something to look out for, and my FCs one big rule is based on these players, but it's a complicated gray area to navigate. I've found the line to draw in the sand is when someone is making others feel the need to
    - log off
    - not log in
    - not participate in chat or in FC parties
    These are sure signs that you need to remove the issue.

...but I'm just a stupid console player so my opinions are invalid.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2015
    Sai, praysolace, Kylie and 2 others like this.
  5. Sama_

Sama_ New Member

Server:
    Moogle
    Well I really do appreciate both of you guys input abd it certainly will go into consideration when discussing when and where to move with my friends. So again thank you two for the help it is most appreciated and what I was looking for :)

Kylie and GeekMatt like this.
  6. Kylie

Kylie Bounty Hunter III

Server:
    Brynhildr
    Updated information.