Seventh Dawn RP LS (Official Launch Thread)

Discussion in 'Brynhildr' started by RazgrizOne, Aug 27, 2014.

1. RazgrizOne

RazgrizOne Crystal Brave

Server:
    Brynhildr
    Hey everyone, it's your girl Aisha K'lank'lan ^_^

So! Heeere it is! The Official Thread for Seventh Dawn!

Here anyone who's playing can post Character Profiles so be seen by others, these can either be full profiles within the thread or links to website and wiki's and whatnot
    Also this thread will be used for any Event announcements or rules clarifications

Don't be intimidated though, we're still playing in a relaxed environment, this thread is meant only to be a structured base from which the RP and LS can grow ^_^

Thanks for visiting and Good Gaming!
    --- Double Post Merged, Aug 27, 2014, Original Post Date: Aug 27, 2014 ---
    RULES AS THEY ARE NOW
    This is pretty basic stuff

1. COMMUNICATION The LS is meant as a means of communication between people who want to RP, it in and of itself is not an RP platform so OOC convos and the like are allowed and no actual RP should happen on the LS itself.
    Generally RP should be handled in either /say, /party, /tell or a dedicated LS between participants in the case of events and the like. Since LS' are easy to create and discard feel free to make an LS specifically for an event or people you wish to play with
    2. PLAY AREA Since Brynhildr is not a major RP server (yet...lol) there are going to be players out there who are not going to be supportive/accepting/cool with RP in public areas (hub cities, inns and taverns, Mor Dhona and the like) Please use your discretion when it comes to where you're playing as to whether or not you use /say, /tell or an LS
    Housing and housing wards have sprung up as great places to RP with little to no interference so utilizing those areas is a good thing
    4. WE'RE NOT THE ONLY PLAYERS IN THE GAME
    The above being said, for people who are new to RP on MMO's allow me to say this. Griefing/Trolling happens. There are going to be people out there who see others playing in a way they don't understand or support and they're going to try to break your game. A particular instance that I'm fond of was a guy who butted in on an RP between me a male chara and a female chara as we were changing into bathing suits to go to Bronze Lake. He followed us around for a bit /shouting "These kitties are ready for the D!" and drew a crowd of fellow asshats. In these situations it is best to change your filter settings and ignore the trolls, if it gets out of hand serious harassment violates ToS and you can report people. Most people though I've found are pretty mature and will leave RP'ers be, but you have been warned.
    5. TALK IT OUT
    This RP is meant for people of all play styles and comfort levels so it is up to each player to know thier boundaries and dedication and for others to respect them, going over the line in RP is a good way to end up having a nasty discussion with a GM especially with Ero-RP and the like. Things can go from classy to trashy real quick so talk with each other before getting into heavier aspects of RP and if you feel someone is crossing your boundaries SHUT IT DOWN
    6. I AM NOT A GM
    While I am happy to administer and manage the logistics of an RP LS, I as a player; just like you have no real power in the game to do anything so it is up to all of us to be supportive and respective of one another and keep things going in a positive fashion. I have faith in XIV's player base that this will not be a problem, but I do want people to understand that if things go wrong there is nothing I can do about it asides kick people from the LS

There can and likely will be edits and additions to these rules, but in general that's about it, just have fun, be smart, be safe ^_^

Last edited: Aug 27, 2014
  2. Yosuke

Yosuke Crystal Brave

some of the rp I've done was through party chat/ ls or tell to avoid ass players. Also I have several spots that no one goes but now with hunts ppl is running everywhere xD

3. RazgrizOne

RazgrizOne Crystal Brave

Server:
    Brynhildr
    CHARACTER RULES

An ever popular question "What can I do?"
    Well here are your answers ^_^

1. PROFILES
    First off you want other players to know stuff about your character so people can see if they want to play with you or your chara, I don't really have a format for this but the information presented should be in some kind of cohesive fashion
    Typical character profiles I've seen are as thus:
    Name
    Sex
    Preferred Class/Job

Brief History

Personality Traits

RP Comfort Level
    =============
    The RP Comfort Level is a general descriptor for how far down the rabbit hole you're willing to go. It is probably the most important thing you can have seen on your profile as it will guide how others play with you. It doesn't have to be a complex psychological breakdown of your likes and dislikes a simple "Heavy RP" Or "Just looking to have fun, no drama" is a good starting point that can be expanded upon through interactions.

Additionally if your character has a wiki such as those than can be provided by the RPC or Obsidian Portal or the like you can just post a link to it and call that your profile
    And of course, all info posted on a profile is mean to be OOC, the information presented here should not be taken as your character combing through the personals in the Mythril Eye and seeing the secret life histories of Eorzea's heroes in a 2 page spread.

2. THE "MAIN" STORY VS "YOUR" STORY
    Even though FFXIV is an MMO the main story of the game progresses with your chara being the hero of heroes, this is not a spoiler it pretty much sets you on the path of being the supreme badass of Eorzea within the first 5 minutes of the intro.
    Of course, how can you be so amazing and awesome when at least everyone who started in the same city as you has the exact same story?
    The simplest answer is...ignore the main story
    The biggest fun I've had so far is creating my history from the ground up, reading the lore and fitting my character into the world in a contemporary and believable fashion, while I don't think this'll be a problem for people around here I think we should be safe and say that no one here is the "Warrior of Light" however the "Echo" is a great piece of storytelling and I would encourage it's appearance.

3. MULTIPLE CHARACTERS
    Let's face it, there are those of us who have like...5 different toons across 3 different servers because that's just how we roll and we want each one of them to have RP experiences we can talk and dream about
    I say, more power to ya
    If you want to include alts in the RP have at it
    If you want to RP that adventurer fresh of the bird but also want to tell the mythic tale of the grizzled veteran who's bested Odin then by all means do so.
    Just make sure to remember who you're playing at any given moment, and keep in mind that unless it's written somewhere to be referenced, every character is separate, even your three

Yosuke likes this.
  4. Yosuke

Yosuke Crystal Brave

OMG I will get sooo much on this
    --- Double Post Merged, Aug 27, 2014 ---
    I will leave this link here for those who want to give more info about their characters. This web contains lots of templates to develop your character background and make it more fun.
    http://wiki.ffxiv-roleplayers.com/pages/Category:Wiki_Templates

5. Ivy

Ivy Bounty Hunter II

Server:
    Gilgamesh
    And don't forget the corresponding website for the wiki: http://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/ I might be tempted to make a character on Bryn. Had a good RP FC on Gilgamesh for awhile before OOC relationship drama came into play.

RazgrizOne likes this.
  6. Frostwolf

Frostwolf Crystal Brave

Sweet u guys are rp on brynhild? Hmm I have made an alt on cerberus that i were gona move later to another server that does rp once i get her up to accepteble lvl i prob transfer her over :)

7. Spokey Dokey

Spokey Dokey Crystal Brave

Server:
    Ultros
    Wow this is great and is going to consume most of my night and tomorrow. I am not sure if I should scold you or hug you...

GeekMatt and Yosuke like this.
  8. Yosuke

Yosuke Crystal Brave

hug me ofc!

9. Spokey Dokey

Server:
    Ultros
    Ugh, OK. *hugs*

Yosuke likes this.
  10. Yosuke

Yosuke Crystal Brave

o/ yayy!!! ;3

Frostwolf likes this.
  11. Frostwolf

Frostwolf Crystal Brave

Once i get home from work I'll start working on my char history and im hoping she will raise alot of eyebrows and many laughts :D

RazgrizOne and Yosuke like this.
  12. Yosuke

Yosuke Crystal Brave

I have mine but I will wait till someone takes the first step o/ shy shy

Lexxi Jesal and Frostwolf like this.
  13. Frostwolf

Frostwolf Crystal Brave

Heh never thought u were the shy one ^^

Yosuke likes this.
  14. Spokey Dokey

Server:
    Ultros
    Hoping to have mine done sometime tomorrow night? Maybe? I don't know. Depends on the day aka work, goes.

15. Yosuke

Yosuke Crystal Brave

I'm shy with some stuff lol :3

Frostwolf likes this.
  16. Ganjic Sativos

Ganjic Sativos Adventurer

I created my alt last night for this - and was building my backstory as I progressed through the first 10 levels. I'll have something put together this weekend for sure.

RazgrizOne likes this.
  17. praysolace

praysolace Warrior of Light

Server:
    Brynhildr
    I think RPing through a linkshell would be best, personally. That way we're not all necessarily tied down to the same physical location or a party, and we can do some RPing while stuck in boring stuff like atma farming :p That's how I see it anyway... maybe I'm saying something utterly offensive to the mmo rping community, heck if I know XD

//Anyway, I'm not shy, so I guess I'll go first. I'm probably doing it wrong though so I might have to edit this a bunch. (Also Asagi "shy" is the absolute last word I'd use to describe you.)

Made a wiki page! My god I'm so clueless with wikis, that took FOREVER to figure out XD I'll have to go prettify it later. I couldn't figure out how to use the template everyone else did :shifty: I'm such a moron.
    http://wiki.ffxiv-roleplayers.com/pages/Rowan_Eliot

Name: Rowan Eliot
    Race: Miqo'te Seeker of the Sun
    Sex: Male
    Preferred Class/Job: Marauder/Warrior (usually on Warrior, but he really likes the idea of being a Marauder, because he has absolutely not outgrown the "pirates are cool" phase); currently learning Conjurer and Arcanist (either whm or sch, haven't decided yet)

Origin History
    A miqo'te kitten was found in a rowan grove on a small island nearly twenty years ago. 'Twas fortunate for the kit, lest he have starved; and at the same time, 'twas unfortunate for the kit, because he was found by the island's resident mad Hyur hermit.

The hermit, used by the local village parents as a cautionary tale to their children against the dangers of crystal fume-huffing, was a bit of a forgetful sort. He first named Rowan after the trees beneath whose branches he was found; he later named him Eliot after... something about possums and practical cats, Rowan never did figure that one out entirely. He would switch between the two (plus "cat" or "kitty" or "boy" or occasionally "girl") indiscriminately. He also never quite hammered down what his relationship with the boy was. One day Rowan was his son; the next, his pet; the next next, emergency rations. Rowan spent much of his youth hewing firewood with a blunt axe and catching rabbits and fish and small birds to prevent his mad hermit father from reconsidering whether Rowan was too much trouble to try and eat.

One evening, when Rowan had grown into a young man, the hermit for whatever reason decided to wax poetic, as if he had not been staring hungrily at Rowan's tail just that morning. "Ah yes, Rowan, m'boy," he began, "one day, perhaps one day soon, all this shall be yours."

Rowan blinked and surveyed his surroundings. 'All this' consisted of a cave with a few pieces of rough-hewn furniture, a garden with a stone fence that the village children playing "Big Brave Adventurer" liked to dare each other to steal from, and a reputation for insanity. You can keep it, Rowan thought to himself. That day, he made up his mind to leave the island and start wielding slightly sharper axes as a Marauder—an adventurer, he thought to himself, eyes gleaming with dreams of glory and heroism like those children whose tales he'd overheard. To Limsa Lominsa.

More recent history:
    After stowing away on a ship bound for Limsa—apparently they don't let you on if you don't give them "gil"—Rowan made for the Marauder's Guild immediately. And by immediately, I mean he got lost for a few hours, spent a long time gazing pathetically at all the gatherers at Fisherman's Bottom and making them uncomfortable, was pickpocketed by a disappointed thief whose only bounty was lint and a potato, and tripped over at least three Lalafells by accident. But at long last, around sundown, he made it to his destination, with absolutely no clue how he got there. He was greeted by impressive, manly Roegadyn stares all directed very, very far downward... and copious laughter.

"A kitten! This kitten thinks he's got the stuff ta be a M'rauder!" one guffawed. Rowan, somehow missing that he was being insulted, nodded enthusiastically. "Tell ye what, then," the Roe continued, patting Rowan patronizingly on the head with a little too much force and still holding back chortles of laughter, "ye take this axe—'s the smallest we got—and bring back some wharf rat heads. Then maybe we'll let ye in."

Rowan nodded, took the axe, and got lost in Limsa for another four hours. When he showed back up at the guild around midday the next day, he had dozens of rats strung together and a scarf made of mossy Goobbue skin. That day, Rowan was welcomed into the Marauder's Guild.

He has since followed the path of the axe almost religiously, training and honing his skills with the guild and, later, with Curious Gorge. He joined the Maelstrom because he wandered into their dining hall one evening, lured by the smell of fish stew, and was promptly drafted upon being discovered up to his nose in his second bowl. While he's proven his worth to the Maelstrom in campaigns against the kobolds and the sahagin and more, he was never cut of military cloth, and tends to be a thorn in his commanders' sides.

Lately, with the Seventh Astral Era upon Eorzea and earth-shattering disasters requiring armies of adventurers a little bit rarer, Rowan has found a rising urge to be free and explore Eorzea more fully. (It helps that he doesn't get lost in Limsa Lominsa anymore.) Regardless of his aptitude or lack thereof, he's begun dabbling in the arcane arts, unintentionally making half of his conjury patients worse than they were when he found them. The formidible axe-wielder in a small package is currently traveling the world, proving that just because you know how to swing an axe does not mean you can do anything else competently. Anything. Else.

Personality Traits
    As you can imagine, Rowan wasn't exactly properly socialized. He has a very expressive face, but he doesn't talk much. Also, despite having now spent a year adventuring, he's still rather painfully naïve sometimes. He finds just about everything curious and doesn't pick up on people's cues that they find his nosing uncomfortable. However, he does not intentionally offend or take offense easily, and is only aggressive in battle, in which situations his main goal is to make every angry monster angriest at him so as to protect whoever else is nearby (whether he knows them or not). Generally speaking, he is friendly and quiet and clueless. Unless he's agitated or drunk. Then he's friendly and loud and clueless.
    And if you scratch behind his ears, he will purr involuntarily.

Fish
    -Fat chocobos
    -Other birdies
    -His loyal chocobo (and the only one he won't think of eating), Torii
    -Perching on high spots
    -Sun
    -His axe
    -Friends
    -His Demon Wall minion
    -Ear scritchies
    Dislikes
    -Being hungry
    -Being lonely
    -Not being allowed to whack things over the head
    -Being told that grown adults do not sleep with their axes like they're their favorite stuffed animal
    -Roegadyns picking him up by the nape and carrying him around
    -Not understanding the conversation because it's so complicated and what's a *bleeeeeep*?

RP Comfort Level
    Not sure how to answer this. I'm comfortable with most anything (read: seriously, I play Primetime Adventures), but I'm most likely to be multitasking and doing something else in-game when I'm on. :/

Last edited: Aug 28, 2014
  18. racooperii

racooperii Warrior of Light

Server:
    Brynhildr
    Im down for having 2 RP LSs to play with ^_^.

My character backstory is somewhere in the annuals of the RP Forum here, but I need to rewrite it sometime.

Rosebee likes this.
  19. RazgrizOne

RazgrizOne Crystal Brave

Server:
    Brynhildr
    The reason I advise against RP in the actual linkshell itself is because I see the LS main utility as that of a network letting you know outside of your friends list and outside of your FC if other people in the group are on. Also it provides a generalized OOC area for discussion, questions, brainstorming and the like. Since the number of active LS one can have are limited, but the number that can be created are limitless there is always potential to create and manage a temporary LS purely for RP purposes.
    This also focuses communication where people who are not RP'ing in a particular scene aren't having to watch someone else's scene, or multiple scenes aren't clogging the feed.

However systems such as this evolve according to the community so my vision could end up not coalescing like that, that's one of the beauties of RP I've found lol

I'll be posting my background later today, show y'all how it's done lol j/k
    Glad there are people interested in having fun with this, you guys made my day yesterday, believe it

Frostwolf and Ganjic Sativos like this.
  20. praysolace

praysolace Warrior of Light

Server:
    Brynhildr
    I said *a* linkshell, not *the* linkshell. As in, I was taking up your suggestion of RPing through temporary LSes, but not sure I was down with the "temporary" thing, since half the time organizing people takes forever and if that's already done subsequent RP sessions can start faster.

But if people are running out of LS space... >,> I've got one I should probably just disband but lord love ya it's in slot #1 and I'm a little scared of what's going to end up in that spot. We really need the ability to reorder linkshells.

racooperii and RazgrizOne like this.