Second Job Speculation

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Fybrile, May 30, 2013.

1. Fybrile

Fybrile Moderator

Alright, so with Summoner and Scholar possibly both being job evolutions from Arcanist, I want to know what secondary job you guys think would be suitable for each class.

For example:

Archer - Bard - Ranger
    Pugilist - Monk - Ninja
    Marauder - Warrior - Dark Knight
    Gladiator - Paladin - Fencer
    Lancer - Dragoon - Chocobo Knight ;)
    Conjurer - White Mage - Geomancer
    Thaumaturge - Black Mage - Necromancer
  2. Shigaru

Shigaru Active Member

The ones I disagree with are bolded below

Pug - Monk - Puppetmaster?
    Rogue? - Thief - Ninja - Dancer?
    Glad - Paladin - Red Mage
    Thaum - Black Mage - Geomancer
    Conjurer - White Mage - Time/Green Mage?
    Musketeer - Corsair - Balthier
  3. Blackpearlguy

Blackpearlguy Active Member

I agree with most of what you've listed. I think a hybrid of Ranger/Thief will somehow be put together. Here's how I see it;

Arc - Brd - Thf
    Pug - Monk - Nin
    Mar - War - Sam
    Gla - Pld - DRK
    Conj - WHM - RDM
    Thaum - BLM - Time Mage
  4. lunar_seraphim

lunar_seraphim New Member

I'm hoping if there are Two Jobs per Class, they alter the armory system so that Classes can use two different weapons, while Jobs are restricted to one. For example:

Gladiator (sword & shield / two-handed sword) - Paladin (sword & shield) / Dark Knight (two-handed sword)
    Marauder (two-handed axe, dual axes) - Warrior (two-handed axe) / Berserker/Beast Master (dual axes)
    Archer (bow, crossbow) - Bard (bow & harps) / Ranger (crossbow)
    Pugilist (hand-to-hand, chakrams) - Monk (hand-to-hand) / Dancer (chakrams)
    Conjurer (staves, clubs & bells) - White Mage (staves & clubs) / Geomancer (clubs & bells)

As for Lancer (Dragoon) and Thaumaturge (Black Mage)... I have no clue.

Edit: Destroying my own theory, as was said by Yoshi-P today:

Q24: Will we be able to equip different types of weapons in the future?

A24: Hmmm. While I don’t want to say no, I personally think it’s better to just add new classes/jobs instead.

I don't know then. The Armory System is confusing. I personally hope their aren't Second Jobs, I guess.
  5. Madrone Damodred

Madrone Damodred Active Member

Yup, gotta handle different weapons for some. Also have to offer up a 2nd (mostly different) ability list for the class to play like for the 2nd job. Except for some mages which share a lot of spells, I just can't accept having most of the same abilities as some other job because they share the same class.

Because seriously if DRK came out of GLA for instance, it'd be tanky like PLD? MRD would fit better I think, but even then... too much identity crisis.

Because if ACN produces SCH also, it'd have carbuncle and no white/black magic except what it gets from job abilities and cross class?
  6. Sword

Sword Well Known Member

My pick (just basing this off the classes main weapon alone not sub-type weapons)

Old Classes:
    GLA- Paladin and Dark Knight
    ARC- Bard and Ranger
    MRD- Warrior, Beastmaster, and maybe Viking and Berzerker
    LNC- Dragoon maybe Samurai and Halbreder
    PUG- Monk, Puppetmaster, and maybe Dancer
    CONJ- White Mage, Cleric, and maybe Geomancer or Sage
    THM- Black Mage, Time Mage, and maybe Geomancer or Sage

New Classes:
    Arcanicst- Scholar and Summoner
    Musketeer- Corsair and Engineer and maybe Red Mage
    Fencer- Red Mage and maybe Blue Mage or Rune/Mystic/Sorcerer Knight
    Ronin- Samurai and Ninja
  7. lunar_seraphim

If Scholar does come from Arcanist, it won't be able to use Carbuncle because not even Summoner can use Carbuncle. What we know of Arcanist/Summoner now is that it has Enfeebling, DoT and pet capabilities. Summoner could emphasize the pet capabilities, while Scholar could emphasize the DoT/Enfeeble abilities (Klimaform / Helix spells).

This is actually the only instance where I feel two jobs can come from one class and that's only because Arcanist has multiple specialties. But who knows for sure...
  8. bad_music

bad_music Member

when we see how arcanist feeds into summoner and scholar it should give us a good idea of which existing classes would make good candidates for having multiple jobs branch from them. the vanilla classes weren't designed with this system in mind from the ground up and although they were redesigned for ARR they had to keep them in line with what they were to begin with as for party roles. this makes some of them a little bit pigeon-holed. gladiator would be a bit difficult to add a second to as we understand it now; this may change though and it could get a melee DPS class that dual wields swords and has none of the tanking abilities in common and only takes from healing (retribution paladin, red mage type of deal). new classes from here on out though may receive the double job treatment more often. i wouldn't be surprised from now on when an update occurs we would most likely get a new class that was designed to have two jobs stem from it and the vanilla classes are more or less left as they are now.
  9. Sword

Sword Well Known Member

I feel much the same way, but I think that will change a bit with the revamps to jobs. Looking at the abilities GLA had in the video demos, it doesn't appear to be as heavily reliant on shield abilities as it once was in 1.0 leaving more room for offensiveness in general leading to greater possibilities. But even if you pass off that theory, I could still easily see Samurai spanning off of Lancer, or Ranger spawning off of Archer quite easily.
  10. Joygasm

Joygasm Well Known Member

Archer - Bard - Ninja (A ranged version with shurikens)
    Pugilist - Monk - Thief (bladed fists?)
    Marauder - Warrior - Samurai
    Gladiator - Paladin - Red Mage
    Lancer - Dragoon - Dark Knight
    Conjurer - White Mage - Dancer
    Thaumaturge - Black Mage - Blue Mage

My choices are assuming they allow a branch of types of class weapon and trying to fanservice.
    If they do branch off 2 jobs per class, i'm surprised summoner isn't on THM.
  11. Setmaster

Setmaster Member

Source?
  12. lunar_seraphim

Ugh! Took forever to find it but here you go!

Fast forward to 0:54:06.
  13. Orien

Orien Well Known Member

Ya that video is old as hell. They said from the very start that Carbuncle is exclusive to Arcanist. This was a major point they made when doing their initial reveal of the Arcarnist/Summoner.

You guys have done a good job covering what is feasible from the classes we have so far. The two quasi existing classes I would add are the following:

Arcanist - Summoner & Scholar

Musketeer - Corsair & Cannoneer (going sea related profession as can't honestly think of another that fits well and it was in one of the tacticts games I believe. Thinking MSK + THM for extra destructive ammo and such).
  14. Fybrile

Fybrile Moderator

Maybe -> Musketeer - Corsair - Engineer?
  15. Shaileen

Shaileen Member

Second jobs matter leads to another one: EXP will be shared or not between them?
  16. Fybrile

Fybrile Moderator

EXP is shared between job and classes, so yes, they would be.
  17. Shaileen

Shaileen Member

I know and that's why i think is weird if we will get this type of "second jobs". Let's say i will level an Arcanist up to 50. At the same time i'll have a 50 Summoner and a 50 Scholar? I would prefere to have a second Job that needs to be leveled after satisfying the prerequisite ("first" Job capped)
  18. Madrone Damodred

I figure class xp would link to the highest level job only. So if you we're lvl 44 when you got the 2nd job for a class, that second job would be lvl 30 until you brought it up passed the 1st job & class' xp. But that's just a guess.
  19. Madrone Damodred

If class abilities can be disabled when you equip the job, then I would think that means those abilities have alternates that turn on for the job.
  20. Setmaster

Setmaster Member

Thanks.