Screenshots Possibly from ps3???

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by PendragonXIV, May 22, 2013.

1. PendragonXIV

PendragonXIV Crystal Brave

Helloooooooo, /salute

Some screen shots hear from Level syncing in FATE... word on the grapevine that this was done under ps3??? (not confirmed)
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Shigaru

Shigaru Crystal Brave

Its believable. I feel like mapping and learning the proper controls for abilities will get a little bit confusing at first, but we'll see :)

The L2/R2/R1 should be dead giveaways

3. PendragonXIV

Yoshi posted a video awhile back about how the controller will work

Fybrile likes this.
  4. Danforth Wright

Danforth Wright Crystal Brave

Yeah. I'd bet my ... left hand, these are PS3 screenies. Who else thinks it's a tad bit cluttered?

JMATAWWCL and Luko like this.
  5. Luko

Luko Scion

They absolutely are cluttered. I'm hoping a few of those things have the option to be hidden in combat, namely the text above the action buttons and the sidebar quest(?) info. Also, they seem to test the game on very small screens. Maybe it'll look better on a 55in flatscreen. :D

Pendragon likes this.
  6. Danforth Wright

Danforth Wright Crystal Brave

Yeah, I have a 51" so I'm hoping that scaling can help. At least it looks like the last one was ui /off for actual screenshots like they did in FFXI.

7. PendragonXIV

i think granted yea prob showing all the info but can be customisable to different places and sizes just think how it would look on monitor recon it be quite spaced out

8. Dragon

Dragon Scion

Looks 720p or worse, so if it ain't PS3... uh, must be playing on a ten year old PC, something (yes, obvious hyperbole should be obvious but somehow it seems I must point this out on the off-chance someone doesn't catch the intentional hyperbole). :x

Alderon likes this.
  9. Fybrile

Fybrile Administrator

Server:
    Cactaur
    Sexy :)

It is definitely cluttered, but perhaps that's intentional for the purpose of the screenshot - which is, of course, to demonstrate the gamepad UI features. I'm sure that you will be able to scale, move around, and remove items from the HUD, and select which floating info you want to see.

Pendragon likes this.
  10. MarMoar

MarMoar Adventurer

Yum Yum, I enjoy screen shots from ps3! This guy musta been playin on like 17" TV though lol

11. RiGoRmOrTiS

RiGoRmOrTiS Adventurer

honestly; considering the age of the PS3 this doesn't look too bad. Its certainly going to run better on the pS3 than on my wife's laptop :) plus it means she can sit on the sofa and play while I sit on my PC in the same room :) good times.

12. Duninn

Duninn Crystal Brave

These seem PS3 pics, mostly because you can see the triangle, circle, box, and X buttons in them.

Then again these may be comparison screen shots, the pixel quality seems slightly different to me on a few

13. Dragon

Dragon Scion

The Gamepad UI is available cross-platform.

14. Duninn

Duninn Crystal Brave

Ah, thanks for the clarification. Then no way to truly know, but based on the shadow details and settings, I would guess PS3.

15. Dragon

Dragon Scion

Yeah, I'm 99% certain those were on the PS3 since they definitely have a 720p res to them.

16. Scape

Scape Crystal Brave

looks good. PC can have that hotbar with L2/R2 as well though. A bit hard to tell what is going on though. I always shrink the UI down as much as possible and try to stick it all as neatly as I can to the edges of the screen.

17. Koryn_Arcus

Koryn_Arcus Crystal Brave

I think it was said somewhere that the ps3 will only render the game at 540 pixels vertically and then scale to 720p so the ui would be eating a lot of screen space.

Makes me worry about text legibility if the ui is resized down on ps3.

18. That, and also, if you look closely at the right set of skills, closest to the R2 icon, you can see what appears to be the shape of the PS3 d-pad and, to the right of that, PS3 buttons!

Looks great! The PS3, does indeed, have some juice left.

Edit: Whoops! I missed Dragon's post. Beat me to it.

19. Scape

Scape Crystal Brave

It shows those buttons if playing on PC with a game pad as well.

20. ArkhamNative

ArkhamNative Crystal Brave

The original posting by Yoshi-P says that these are PS3 screen shots. Also the lack of some PC UI elements indicates it's PS3, too.