Scholar vs White Mage

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Sayura, Aug 28, 2013.

1. Sayura

Sayura Active Member

I'm a level 32 Bard right now which I will be leveling to 50 as my dps class. While my bf's in class 2 nights a week, I'm leveling up my healer (already had 15 conj since at first Bard required that before they changed it to pug). I'd like to take my conj up to 30 to get the unicorn (awwww yeahhhh) but I'm wondering if I should continue on after that to become a White Mage or level up again (ugh) arcan to be a Scholar.

Your thoughts on these classes?
  2. Rink

Rink Member

I'd choose accordingly to what you prefer, honestly. I presume Scholar is more of a dps class (right?), while I see White Mage as being pretty much pure healing. Whatever you like to do best
  3. Renki

Renki Member

Scholar heals are op right now. Your pet can nearly solot heal a group of 4 taking Aoe damage while you spam dots. You also have two good heals incase your pet can't handle it. Which is rare
  4. Sayura

Sayura Active Member

I'm wondering what will be more useful in certain situations. Scholar seems more interesting than white mage based on me just spamming that one stone spell when everyone's health is full.
  5. Renki

Renki Member

Scholor is a lot more fun to play than white mage and you also get to use summoner when you don't feel like healing
    --- Double Post Merged, Aug 28, 2013 ---
    It is hard to say what will be best with what since there is no endgame testing yet. But from what I have experience scholor is ever bit as good of a healer as white mage. But I would have to say a white mage will be the main tank healer on endgame. Bosses but scholor will also be necessary.
  6. Sayura

Sayura Active Member

^^ I read that scholar's healing doesn't really kick in until 30+, not sure if true. Playing as conj lvl 20 in dungeons, no one dies lol. A bit boring and I do think the faeries are more interesting, but my heals are boss as pre-whm.
    --- Double Post Merged, Aug 28, 2013, Original Post Date: Aug 28, 2013 ---
    Also if anyone has any screenshots of their WHM or SCH please post them. :D
  7. Arn_0885

Arn_0885 Member

Well you can't be a scholar until a minimum of level 30 anyway. And arcanist is a dps class so you won't be main healing anything until you unlock scholar. I know people generally hate this response but try them both to see which you like more
    Sayura likes this.
  8. Karamethien

Karamethien Active Member

Can arcanist/scholar queue as healer? E.g. like War can't queue as DD.
  9. ShinSuta

ShinSuta Member

Arcanist can only queue as DD. Scholar should be heal only though.

I am ACN 26 and main heal every dungeon so far. It's not really amusing since I only spam my heal but since I put all my points in mind I don't have any issues. When I have time I can always put some DoT on bosses or play with Carbuncle. But to me Scholar looks a lot more interesting and versatile than WHM, since you have your heals, but also you pet to control and aetherflow to manage. Also books are amazing. I always thought that knowledge is power.
  10. Karamethien

Karamethien Active Member

In a literal sense in FFXIV it seems ;)