Scholar Scholar Abilities (Tentative)

Discussion in 'Disciples of Magic' started by Helba, Aug 10, 2013.

1. Helba

Helba Well Known Member

Scholar (SCH)
    Lv.30 - Succor:
    Restores target HP. Potency of 300. Erects a barrier nullifying damage equal to the amount of HP restored. The barrier matches HP restored, even if the heal is critical.
    Lv.35 - Succor II: Restores HP in an area around the caster. Potency 150. Grants a shield to each member healed that nullifies damage equal to the cure.
    Lv.40 - Leeches: Removes a single detrimental effect on target. 1s cast time.
    Lv.45 - Sacred Soil: Creates an area where everyone inside takes 10% less damage. Duration 15s. If cast under "Aetherflow" there is a 20% chance the next "Succor II" will cost no MP.
    Lv.50 - Lustrate: Restores 20% of target's maximum HP. 1s GCD [Cooldown? Recast?]. Only available under "Aetherflow".

Scholar Healing Fairy
    Lv.1 - Embrace (Shared) - Restores target HP. Potency of 300.

Lv.1 - Whispering Dawn - AoE Regen around fairy. Potency of 100 for 21s. 30s recast.
    Lv.20 - Fay Covenant - Increases Magic Defense around fairy by 20% for 20s. Recast 2m
    Lv.40 - Fay Illumination - Increases Cure[healing?] magic potency around pet by 20% for 20s. Recast 2m.

Scholar Support Fairy
    Lv.1 - Embrace (Shared) - Restores target HP. Potency of 300.

Lv.1 - Silent Dawn - Silences target for 1s. 40s recast.
    Lv.20 - Fey Glow - Increases Spell speed around pet by 30% for 30s. 60s Recast. Can not be used at the same time as "Fey Light".
    Lv.40 - Fey Light - Increases skill speed around pet by 30% for 30s. 60s Recast. Can not be used at the same time as "Fey Glow".

(Compiled by the FFXIV: ARR threads on reddit. Edited by myself.)

[Edit: Found this great resource. Be sure to click on "Scholar" at the top for the link!]
    Last edited: Aug 10, 2013
  2. JMATAWWCL

JMATAWWCL Moderator

I'm looking forward to your guides, Helba. Are you still interested in the cartography aspect of XIV? I hope so, because I was looking forward to it :)
    Helba likes this.
  3. Helba

Helba Well Known Member

It no longer became necessary as, that information became available on xivdb.com a few days after I finished collecting the maps, they were .DAT mined as well, so they are more accurate. Though we can take the time to put them in a separate thread if you wish, as their software is a bit laggy with the maps.
  4. JMATAWWCL

JMATAWWCL Moderator

Absolutely. Let me know if I can help in any way.
  5. Rainier

Rainier Active Member

My goodness, Succor + Barrier + Crit has the potential to mitigate so much damage.
    Nerdrage-San likes this.
  6. Helba

Helba Well Known Member

It's actually pretty ridiculous if these numbers are correct. Not to mention it will be stackable with Stoneskin and Protect and the whatnot.
    Clinique likes this.
  7. Rainier

Rainier Active Member

Wow. The effective healing of the SCH just skyrocketed. Instead of the pure healing number of a WHM, which a decent amount would go to overhealing, the SCH can top health off nicely and followed by a shield to block the next incoming damage.

I wonder if the shield has a cooldown before it wears off. If not.. Homygoodness. It also does depend on what type of damage the shield blocks. If it is all.. Hooooomygoodness.
  8. Helba

Helba Well Known Member

I'm glad you are excited.
  9. DejaVu

DejaVu Member

So does anyone know if the gambit like system for pets can set fairies to auto heal on their own or if they pet skills or not on global cooldown?
  10. Clinique

Clinique Active Member

At first, I was reading this and thinking "SCH may very well replace WHM", but now I think I kind of understand: WHM is just an emphasis on AoE/party heals while SCH offers the buffs to help prevent some damage. I guess the ideal party would consist of both a WHM and SCH? But then, a lot of CNJ skills can be cross-classed into SCH, so aside from MP, I don't see what's stopping a SCH from replacing a WHM altogether xD Not to mention those Fairies....
  11. DejaVu

DejaVu Member

Well ideally an 8 man party will have both. SCH protect won't have magic def (shell effect) to it. Then they don't have the big heals and bigger aoes whm have like Medica, Regen, Benediction and Cure II and III, and in battle raise (unless arc/sch get similar trait for their resurect)

4 man groups either would be sufficient. I can see later on in big fights it would be great if you could set fairy to heal non tank party members and have whm keep eye on whole party. SCH focus tank to keep the damage barrier on as much as possible with whm popping a big cure after a big attack or something. Just my 2 cents! But i'm planning on lvling both with priority on SCH!
  12. Finnalie

Finnalie Member

I think the point is for them to be interchangeable. If you couldn't replace a WHM with a SCH, then SCH is subpar. It is the same how MNK, DRG, BLM.. are all interchangeable for DPS. Each brings a little variety, but in the end serve the same purpose.

You wouldn't want a WHM and SCH in a 4 man party; it'd take forever to kill anything. But for 8 man and the 24 man raids, I could definitely see major benefits of having both. Overall depending on duration and stacking ability of barriers from SCH though, you would be better off with 2 WHMs than 2 SCHs if you had to choose.
  13. Helba

Helba Well Known Member

SCH will be able to use Resurrect.
  14. Clinique

Clinique Active Member

Resurrect = Raise? Or are they completely separate skills. That's a neat feature for the SCH to have lol
    Helba likes this.
  15. DejaVu

DejaVu Member

Yeah i know but no one knows if they can use it in battle like whm can because of their later trait. I'm guessing whm will be only one who can. Could be wrong though but since resurrect is ACN is classified as dps i see more of their traits going towards enhancing enfeebles and pets.
  16. Helba

Helba Well Known Member

That seems to be correct. Also, the abbreviation is "ARN." The one for archer is "ARC." Just so everyone knows.
    Luko likes this.
  17. Luko

Luko Well Known Member

I'm really hoping so, but likely not.

In 1.0, the damage requirements for some of the boss mechanics were so strict that groups only ever brought one tank and one healer, sometimes even just a THM with cure on heals. Something tells me this could be the case again, in which case the scholars passives + damage prevention (mitigation is ALWAYS better than soaking, see also Ninja in XI) may prevail as the go-to 8man healer, especially if its Aetheral MP recovery system is as potent as it seems, it could very well leave them open to be constantly spreading DoTs through the battle and adding to DPS.

Warrior / Scholar is going to be a dangerous combination in PVP and also for a raid combo. Now, when we go 24 man it doesn't matter. We'll have a little of everything. Yay for big-boy raids.
    Helba likes this.
  18. Broomy514

Broomy514 New Member

anyone know when Scholar will be available, and what classes you will need to have to get it?
  19. HintOfMint

HintOfMint Active Member

RDM was my main in FFXI.... seems like this is something I must explore :)
  20. Thyristor

Thyristor Member

I do have one big question though.
    Conjurers can swap their INT and MND at will while Arcanists are lured towards putting all their attribute points in INT.

Will Scholars have the same system or will they have an ability that makes INT work as their MND?
    This will have a profound effect on how much planning you have to do allready from level 10 as you start putting your points in different stats.
    Clinique likes this.