Scholar SCH pet fairy + HOT

Discussion in 'Disciples of Magic' started by Madrone Damodred, Jun 13, 2013.

1. Nolerhn

Nolerhn Member

That's a male?! Welp, If I ever play SCH I'll most definately be using my vanity slots to cover up my legs, if that's truly a male. BTW, I've done a little bit of searching but I can't seem to find the answer:

Will ACN/SMN/SCH be available at launch, or will they be added in a future update? I'm intent on starting as THM > BLM, but the little bit of info we have on SMN is making me want to pursue it as a secondary job.
  2. Fybrile

Fybrile Moderator

No, it's female. And yes, they will be available at launch.
  3. Amaranthia

Amaranthia Active Member

I think it's female but I suppose it could just be a very feminine man. The "long hair" when you zoom in (I did this using my iPhone) looks more like its actually part of the hat. Like an odd flap in back to prevent sunburn or something lol. I thought it was weird but worth mentioning. Though my eyes are itching from staring at my email inbox all day so maybe I'm hallucinating.
  4. Nolerhn

Nolerhn Member

Many thanks! *here's a bunch of cookies*

I played SCH to 75 before the lvl cap increase in XI,and I really liked the AF there. Glad to hear that's a female character though. Nothing against female characters. I just don't like my own personal character to have the whole 'sexy armor' look.......if you can call that nerd outfit sexy >. > lol.
  5. Nolerhn

Nolerhn Member

You're not the only one hallucninating! I checked my box a few minutes ago and saw something from Sony. I got SUPER EXCITED for a split moment then I realized it just some $5 off for a card for Planetside 2. Then I realized the e-mail I should be getting wouldn't even be from Sony Online... FML Nolerhn... FML
  6. Orien

Orien Well Known Member

LOLOL sorry bad trolling guys :p.

I am really wanting to see a male version of the AF as I loved the hideousness of it in XI.

I don't think that is long hair on the model though it seems to be part of the hat itself unless I be crazy. But I am assuming with the skirt that it is in fact a female.

I am just going crazy sitting here listening to music/watching movies and watching the numbers slowly rollover on the clock next to me. 4 am can't come soon enough. Why do I always lose track of my time machine whenever I really want to use it!?

Oh well soon I'll be drowning Miqo'te infants off the docks of Limsa and all will be right in the world.
  7. Luko

Luko Well Known Member

You're scary when you're excited.
  8. Orien

Orien Well Known Member

That's what they all say... right before I cut out their tongues!
    Helba likes this.
  9. Luko

Luko Well Known Member

Show Spoiler
    [​IMG]
    Orien and Nolerhn like this.
  10. Nolerhn

Nolerhn Member

omg lol
  11. Orien

Orien Well Known Member

Lol, I love me some Donald Glover. You ever see that Mystery Team movie. That s**t was hilarious.

I will see your Donald Glover and raise you a Chevy Chase

[​IMG]
    Nolerhn and Luko like this.
  12. Kitsu

Kitsu Member

OMFGWTFBBQ healer that has hots AND minions?!

I AM SOLD. I no longer fear the lack of my BiRD, for now I can button smash with faeries! BWUAHAHA.
    Meril likes this.
  13. Adriana

Adriana Newbie

It's a man lol. Girl Scholar look like the japanese school girl waiting to be chased down. I remember having to sport that outfit feeling ashamed having to wear that. It did not look like it had anything to do with that type of world. My first thought was some pervert thought this was cute. I love dancer outfit, even tho males looked very fem in them. It's nice that elvs have ass on this game. You males did not have nothing on 11.
  14. solidarigee

solidarigee Member

If WHM has regen already, what is the name they'll use for the SCH's HoT?

I remember Yoshi saying they'd have HoTs on the whole team, so maybe the SCH is not a dedicated healer, just a job with healing capabilities.
  15. Joker

Joker Active Member

It has been noted that Regen cost to much to be cast effectively.

I'de look for the source but, it's probably lost in reddit.

Was easier to find than I thought:

http://www.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/comments/1hd95g/white_mage_phase_3_things_you_should_know_and/
  16. momopeach

momopeach New Member

I wonder how healing will work if the arcanist doesn't get many healing spells. Maybe something changes lots of your damage spells to heals. Hopefully scholars can heal at 30+ instances and not just lvl 50 stuff.
  17. Hyoda

Hyoda Active Member

I don't know if anyone noticed in the Grid area that the Ixal were using RDM abilities. Ixals were casting Haste and Enaero.

But to follow along with the OP...I dig SCH and the HoTs. Like others said previously posted I enjoyed druid like healing. However I DO NOT fancy the fairy. Hopefully they will implement different skins for the fairy. Understand that the fairy "might change" in a different mode but hopefully they will give us a variety.
  18. Hyoda

Hyoda Active Member

I totally saw this too and I think Yoshida has something up his sleeve. Totally guessing but he might drop more branched jobs or another class come release. Still missing one more class in LL.

Can I have a male fairy please!!??? :p
  19. Joker

Joker Active Member

Hyoda we're going to need to have a talk, this talking to yourself thing is getting out of hand xD
  20. Hyoda

Hyoda Active Member

I get bored so I talk to myself! Honestly I'm trying to get used to the new mobile version to this website. I thought Fybrile made that comment. And yes this is one of my famous blonde moments I have on a daily bases...You'll see lol. But hopefully it'll make you laugh. If I can cause a smile on your face it was worth it :)
    --- Double Post Merged, Jul 24, 2013 ---
    Joker likes this.