Reverse Spiritbinding/Materia De-Socketing

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by AgelessDaisy, Apr 22, 2014.

1. AgelessDaisy

AgelessDaisy Scion

Server:
    Jenova
    I would like to throw both of these ideas out there. The more important one being reverse spiritbinding. I would like this because in my opinion it would help in the sales of gear. Being able to take off spiritbinding from armor/weapons when you don't want/need them any more. It would also help newer players find gear in between those oddball levels when NPCs don't really give the gear they need and when they don't have enough gil to hire a crafter. I also think it would help in terms of the old 1.0 weapons (Giantsgall) and some of the other old 1.0 relics floating around. It would give profit to 1.0 players who wish to give up such old items but couldn't do so due to spiritbinding. Also it annoys me that pink gear can be spiritbinded but not converted so it feels like a waste.

Going onto Materia De-socketing. I would very much like to see this since I know a lot of people don't like wasting money on Materia only to have it become useless on old out leveled gear. It would be nice to recyle our materia into new gear. It would be good for the economy in my opinion and would carry the same risk when trying to meld materia to gear as you would be removing it. So people aren't hoarding materia. (Even though they do anyways) Also if anything recycled materia can't be resold onto the MB to prevent serious liquedation of the system.

Thoughts?

2. racooperii

racooperii Warrior of Light

Server:
    Brynhildr
    I really want to remove materia, even if I just lose it and keep just the gear. Be nice to resocket stuff.

3. Gara Bloodreaver

Gara Bloodreaver Scion

You can. Go to the goblin you get the materia melding quest from and he will remove materia from gear for a small fee. You lose the materia though.

4. racooperii

racooperii Warrior of Light

Server:
    Brynhildr
    Sweet! Did not know that.