Rested XP Bonus and the Inn

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Jesse Welch, Apr 20, 2013.

1. Jesse Welch

Jesse Welch Active Member

Ok, so I have been reading/hearing that there may be xp bonus garnered as a result of staying in an inn or other personal space. I know they experimented with that in 1.0 after they did away with the rest bonus & fatigue idea. My guess is, there will be something of the sort incorporated into ARR as casual players (or players who have jobs and social lives) will not be able to play 24/7 like others so it will even the playing field. That said, I have also read about player housing and it does not sound like the kind of thing a new player is likely going to be able to afford.

Thus, my question is this: Will there be an inn or something similiar in ARR? Some place a low level can rent a room and log out in for the xp bonus or do we just sit out in the rain until we are rich enough to afford player housing?
  2. Orien

Orien Well Known Member

I'm assuming they are keeping "Rested XP" bonuses from staying in the inn/your moghouse/other safe zones. There would be no reason to get rid of these features with the format ARR is following.

This sort of thing is standard in the MMO world these days. Also remember food gives a small xp bonus as well as there still being xp chains. XP'ing is going to be a no effort business in ARR; Yoshida has made reference to this fact every time he is asked anything about leveling.
  3. Danforth Wright

Danforth Wright Well Known Member

XP bonus is rested if you log out in a "server friendly" zone. XP bonus from food and skill chains too. Like Orien stated.

Don't forget housing accessories like "towers" mentioned in the live letter will offer additional xp bonuses.
  4. Chaos_Martin

Chaos_Martin Active Member

Love the idea of this. I know Fallout had a similar XP rest bonus, the longer you rest the longer you XP bonus lasts.
  5. Jesse Welch

Jesse Welch Active Member

To be honest, I don't fully understand what you mean by "server friendly zone". Housing is a fantastic and exciting idea, but also costly so it won't be practical to look to that while still new to ARR.

Let's say you create a new char and are level 1. You want a rest bonus and cannot afford to buy a house. Can you rent a room at the inn? What other places can you log out in for xp bonus? (assuming there is one).
  6. Chaos_Martin

Chaos_Martin Active Member

I'm going to take a guest, I think he means places like towns or rest place, nothing like open world with monsters or Dungeons.
  7. Danforth Wright

Danforth Wright Well Known Member

Well like Chaos said the standard Inn/Housing zones. But they may designate other areas (whatever they may be). I don't know for sure, but there has been speculation about locations like Aetheryte Camps out in the field where you could log out for the rested xp bonus without having to go all the way home. The objective they are trying to achieve is make sure your character logs out in an area that frees up server capacity. So any place they offer rested xp = server friendly zone.

The rested bonus doesn't have to be in your personal house. It is anywhere in the city if I'm not mistaken. The housing bonus or accessory you put in your housing area is not related to where you log out.