Repeating quests in FFXIV?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Kbirth, Jul 29, 2013.

1. racooperii

racooperii Well Known Member

There are GC Guildleve's? I must have missed that in Phase 3, I knew there was Normal and GC Hunting Logs.
  2. maximkat

maximkat New Member

yeah, usually the gc leve guys are standing next to or near the regular levemete guys
  3. racooperii

Oh my god...I need to Power Level my GLD to 20 and join a GC right away now that I know this bit of information...
  4. Phanty

Phanty Member

I asked this earlier, but no one answered.. Can anyone tell me what hunting logs are? How do you get them, how are they different to any other quest you pick up?
  5. racooperii

Hunting Logs are opened after you finish your Level 1 Class Quest. They're Class Specific, set into 5 Ranks with 10 Sets. Each Set has 1 or More Mobs for you to defeat X# of and once you complete a set you get Bonus XP. Completing a Rank also gets you a very nice XP Bonus.

Each set is kind of based on level, so Rank 1 Set 1 is for Level 1, Rank 2 Set 5 is for Level 15 ect.
  6. maximkat

maximkat New Member

I'd add that you are almost always in the areas where you need to be to find the mobs that are on the hunting log as well, so you should always be checking. (Note: I remember the dungeon ones being especially easy to fill out on the first run through)
    HeroMystic likes this.
  7. racooperii

Yes, this as well. There are a few you have to search for though, as they aren't part of any quest line or in an area you might have otherwise gone to, but that's part of the fun.

Grand Company Hunting Logs are also nice, didn't even notice I had one until I started earning Seals and I was like OMG WTH, AWESOME.

I'd say keep it current at all times, it's well worth the effort.
    HeroMystic likes this.
  8. Phanty

Phanty Member

Thanks for the info guys, really helpful. Last question, how do you pick up the quests, an NPC, board, or is it a quest automatically updated when killing mobs?
  9. Kolossus

Kolossus Active Member

The Hunting Log is an item that you always have on you, and it updates itself with each mob you kill that are within a log's requirements. It will also update itself as you level up and unlock more tiers of logs to fill. All of that pertains to the Grand Company Hunting Log, as well.
  10. racooperii

Actually to unlock the other Ranks you have to complete all the Sets in the previous rank. Thats what I did in Phase 3 ,
  11. Colt47

Colt47 Active Member

They are going to be adding daily quests post launch that will exist alongside guildleves and the various log book bonuses. We don't really know what levels these will be for, though. They mention daily quests being added in the feedback forums under the feedback listing.
  12. Balaur

Balaur Active Member

Of course there are GC Guildleves. That's what a Guildleve is. There are Levemetes, which are the normal repeatables, and then there are the Guild Levemetes, who deal out in Guildleves, which reward Company badges for that leet Chocobo barding y'all want.

Then there are the Guildhests, which must be queued for, which are the "training for a party role," for which there are two per every 5 levels and which teach party basics. The first of these Guildhests any character performs gains a massive XP/gil reward, but the rest it is only a thousand XP or so.
  13. slirith

slirith Member

Hopefully they don't become "OMG MUST DO LEVES TODAY FOR *insert token here*" Hated that in other MMOs where repeatable quests(dailies) gave *insert reputation/token* and you felt you HAD to do them to play with the elitist bums.
  14. Zoot

Zoot Active Member

Well you only get I think 6 allowances a day for all of the leves. I think the only way you'd feel like you had to do it, is if you're nearing your 99 max allowance and need to burn some down.
  15. slirith

slirith Member

I hope it stays that way too. :D
  16. Colt47

Colt47 Active Member

Well, there's the Free Companies that people have to get points with in order to get their chocobo companion. I'd imagine at higher levels they probably will have some good gear that will need to be ground out.