Featured FFXIV News Reclamation of Inactive Housing

Discussion in 'Final Fantasy XIV News' started by Fybrile, Oct 20, 2015.

1. Fybrile

Fybrile Administrator

Server:
    Tonberry
    [​IMG]

To ensure that plots of land are not claimed and left unused, estates not accessed for extended periods of time will be automatically demolished, and the plots of land will be put back up for sale.

Estates Subject to Demolishing
    Free company housing that has not been accessed by at least one member within forty-five days.
    Private housing that has not been accessed by the owner within forty-five days.
    Purchased plots of land upon which an estate has not been built within forty-five days.

* The count for days of inactivity will begin on the release of patch 3.1.
    Steps Prior to Demolishing
    Thirty days of inactivity
    A notification indicating that the estate is being prepared for auto-demolition will appear in the Timers interface in the Duty tab of the Main Menu.

Thirty-five days of inactivity
    An e-mail will be delivered to the registered e-mail addresses of all free company members, or the owner of a private estate, indicating the estate is being prepared for auto-demolition.

Forty-two days of inactivity
    An e-mail will be delivered to the registered e-mail addresses of all free company members, or the owner of a private estate, indicating that the estate will be demolished automatically in three days.

Forty-five days of inactivity
    The estate will be automatically demolished.

Halting Demolition
    Any free company member or private housing owner entering the estate at any time prior to demolition will cancel the demolition process.

After Demolition
    When an estate has been demolished, or the rights to an empty plot have been relinquished, said plot will be made available for purchase to all players on that World. The price will decrease every six hours from the time at which it is made available for purchase.

Reclaiming Gil and Items
    When an estate has been demolished, gil and certain furnishings will be placed in the care of the resident caretaker for a fixed period of time.

Redeemable from the Resident Caretaker
    80% of the price paid for the estate grounds.
    Indoor and outdoor furnishings that are not destroyed upon removal.

Not Redeemable from the Resident Caretaker
    The construction permit required to build an estate.
    Furnishings destroyed upon removal.
    Housing exteriors.
    Private chambers.
    Company workshops and any registered airships in the workshop.

* Players will have thirty-five days to redeem items from the resident caretaker before they are made irredeemable. Items belonging to a free company estate can only be retrieved by members with the authorization to purchase or relinquish land. Items belonging to a private estate can only be retrieved by the owner.

2. Jinzuku

Jinzuku Vice Administrator

Server:
    Phoenix
    Beat me to it @Fybrile :p

Typical I was in a meeting when they posted these. Thanks for doing it :D

3. Jinzuku

Server:
    Phoenix
    Let's hope this sorts out the housing problem. Hopefully it won't result in people just logging in once every 45 days just to keep their house.

4. Cyn Romanace

Cyn Romanace Scion

You know it will, that's how these sort of systems function. I was actually thinking of selling my house. I bought it but I do not actually use it much as my FC house has pretty much everything I want and they are in the same ward.

Fybrile likes this.
  5. Jinzuku

Server:
    Phoenix
    It's what I envisage will happen as well. Although it will work to some degree, no doubt about that. For those FCs where everyone has stopped playing or are otherwise empty or the personal houses of people who have cancelled their subs.

Either way, I do believe it will help free up some spaces, maybe not as much as people are hoping as the supply will still be small.

I wonder if the 45 days starts from patch 3.1 or prior? I would imagine from 3.1 to prevent demolishing without "consent". If that's the case, be sure to mark 45 days from whenever patch 3.1 hits into your calendars :p

6. Cyn Romanace

Cyn Romanace Scion

Yeah they already said the timer will start day 1 with the launch of 3.1

Jinzuku likes this.
  7. Jinzuku

Server:
    Phoenix
    I must have overlooked that, my bad. That's the problem with reading news at work, sometime you have to skim quickly.

8. Elivercury

Elivercury Crystal Brave

Server:
    Odin
    I'm also not convinced about the impact this will have. While a good measure to put in place, it's barely even a stopgap - they need to produce more houses in HW.

Also, losing your airship progress is pretty rough! Although if not a single person has logged in for a month and a half, chances are no one is going to miss it.

Fybrile likes this.
  9. Lord Tristem

Lord Tristem Crystal Brave

Server:
    Zalera
    Well this is great news! Maybe now I might have a chance of getting a house for myself in the future.

Fybrile likes this.
  10. Fybrile

Fybrile Administrator

Server:
    Tonberry
    It's not disappointing to me, because they said this was happening a long time ago. I do hope they take some of that money we've been showering them with and put a bit of it into some actual housing servers though. I can't imagine this will account for more than a couple of houses in each area on an active server, and I have no desire to pay $10 to fight over scraps with the nerdlings. #justf*ckingaddservers

Last edited: Oct 20, 2015
  11. praysolace

praysolace Warrior of Light

Server:
    Brynhildr
    I have a tendency to hang out in the yard more than the house itself. It's not a huge irritation that I'll have to walk inside to keep it, but it still seems a little wrong that somebody who bought a house could still be actively playing every day and lose it just because, say, they're messing around in their garden instead of going inside. Good thing there'll be notifications.

12. MasterBox

MasterBox Scion

Server:
    Behemoth
    Yay.. maybe I can get my hands on a large house soon :)

13. Caimie Tsukino

Caimie Tsukino Realm Scribe

Top Poster Of Month

Server:
    Zalera
    So anyone who unsubscribe for 2 months will have their houses demolished?
    That sucks!

14. racooperii

racooperii Warrior of Light

Server:
    Brynhildr
    Well they're not paying SE anymore, I'm sure that's the mentality.

Still, sad when a now F2P game has a better housing system than SE.

15. MasterBox

MasterBox Scion

Server:
    Behemoth
    What game is that ?

16. racooperii

Server:
    Brynhildr
    Wild Star. The housing system is awesome.

MasterBox likes this.
  17. Chooty

Chooty Adventurer

I was just thinking that. Should be a longer period maybe.

18. Cyn Romanace

Cyn Romanace Scion

45 days is a very long time. I mean what if you go out of town on an extended vacation? Is there some way to notify SE "Hey im going on a lengthy vacation?" OR what if a soldier who is an avid player has to go out on his annual deployment and cant take his PC with him?

19. racooperii

Server:
    Brynhildr
    A simple fix would have been. 1 house per FC/Player.

20. Fybrile

Fybrile Administrator

Server:
    Tonberry
    Conversely, what if you've actually been playing the game for actively for two years, and still don't have a house?