RealmTalk Podcast: Community Questions and Topic Ideas

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Syn, Jun 18, 2013.

1. Syn

Syn Guest

Hey guys, Syn here, and I am making this thread to sort of consolidate the discussion for our podcast.

The point of this thread is really for you guys to dish out any topic ideas or questions that you would like answered for future shows. We want to engage the community as much as we can so that we can provide an excellent product that you guys will continue to listen to and support. So without further-a-do.... BEGIN!

Taimoor and Fybrile like this.
  2. Kolossus

Kolossus Vice Admin

Server:
    Diabolos
    I would personally love to hear a good discussion on your podcast about this thread, started by Joygasm: http://ffxivrealm.com/threads/open-beta-early-access-strategy.1435/

Maybe an "eyes on" segment in the future, featuring/highlighting different FC's that are out there getting things done for their members, and getting those "world firsts" or "serverwide firsts".

Alvarion and Syn like this.
  3. Syn

Syn Guest

Great idea. Will for sure look into implementing this closer to launch.

4. Ace8ball

Ace8ball Adventurer

I'd like to hear what you guys think they should implement as mini games come end game, in fact throughout also, although of course it's just speculation.

5. Syn

Syn Guest

I know they have mentioned a Golden Saucer type of thing, when more info is provided we would love to offer our thoughts and speculation. Thanks for the reply.

6. Zane

Zane Adventurer

I would like to see mention of top community forum discussion or blog. Some attention to the site community would be nice. A bit more ARR OST music in between segments would be nice. Long podcasts to be broken up into segments. Some Official game news at the beginning would be nice.

MarinaLile likes this.
  7. Alvarion

Alvarion Crystal Brave

Once NDA is lifted, we would definitely like to add more sounds and stuff. Seeing as how we can't use sounds and music until a full NDA lift, we will stick with the hard rock prelude bombfare so generously given permission to use. I had to actually reach out to the lead guitarist of Periphery in order to get permission. Seeing as he's a huge gamer and final fantasy fan, it was nice seeing him be so receptive.

8. Zane

Zane Adventurer

I don't mind metal remixes of FF music. Forgot about the NDA. Good podcast.

9. Nerdrage-San

Nerdrage-San Adventurer

Welp, In a nutshell... There is a ton of terminology in any MMO. The final fantasy MMO's (XI and XIV1.0) had a few terms that were specific to those games and I think it would behoove all of us to spell out exactly what things are so that the new MMO players that this game is going to attract, can be better informed at launch.

Just my general feedback. And again, loved the podcast!

Syn likes this.
  10. Syn

Syn Guest

Not a bad idea, could also make a guide on the jargon being used. Personally from what I have seen it seems to be a mix of stuff from XI, and stuff from the other MMOs of the world, your WOWs, AIONs, GWs, and etc.

11. Zoot

Zoot Crystal Brave

I think an in-game Tetra Master game could be fun. There could be tables setup where players play at and even a way to see their game boards. I know they are making a way to see other people participate in PvP (like an ingame twitch? I have no idea, that's just what I imagined) and this could probably use the same or similar system to do so. Also, cards could be gotten by a currency system. So, maybe a dungeon reward is tokens and you can choose to redeem that for Gil or Cards. This would be to not force the mini-game on to other players and to not make the cards an RMT thing, similar to how they are implementing Fishing. This way it would be completely optional and offer a way to build up your deck. Maybe certain bosses would drop a token that can be redeemed for a card of them.

12. Zedmus

Zedmus Adventurer

Commented on the podcast before I read down a little bit and saw the thread so here is some copy pasta from my comment:

Could you guys by chance touch on the the global cool down and your thoughts on it in the next one? btw really enjoyed this podcast even though it seemed to deter to negative a bit more then positive a lot of times but as long as its truth it is fine with me!

Danforth Wright likes this.
  13. Syn

Syn Guest

Sure, there seem to be mixed reviews and opinions on the GCD, personally I'd be happy to touch on it. Danforth Wright Alvarion, might be something we can touch on?

14. Alvarion

Alvarion Crystal Brave

15. Alvarion

Alvarion Crystal Brave

Just a quick heads up. We apologize for the lack of a podcast this week. With my involvement in an international criminal case and some other life obligations we were unable to record. Please look forward to the next episode as soon as possible. We will be recording this weekend.

16. Danforth Wright

Danforth Wright Crystal Brave

Tonight even!

17. Eblan

Eblan Adventurer

I think the podcast thing is genius and I appreciate the hard effort you guys are putting into it.

Danforth Wright and Syn like this.
  18. Alvarion

Alvarion Crystal Brave

19. Syn

Syn Guest

Tried to touch on all the topics listed so far, if we missed any we apologize. Hope you guys are enjoying. Keep the feedback coming!

20. FloDaddelt

FloDaddelt Crystal Brave

Yoshi-P on Lightnings appearance in FFXIV

http://forum.square-enix.com/ARR-Te...t-FF-Series-Collaboration?p=972944#post972944

Fybrile likes this.