Realm Recap @ Jan 17th 2018

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Jinzuku, Jan 17, 2018.

1. Jinzuku

Jinzuku Vice Administrator

Server:
    Phoenix
    Now I can access the Realm from work again I figured it's time for another Realm Recap. Even it does seem to be more my blog than a discussion with our amazing community.

So what have you been up to, gaming or non-gaming related? Did you have a happy holiday? Get any cool gifts?

The coolest gift I got was a Lego set of Poe's X-Wing from The Force Awakens. I've gotten on a real Lego high recently for some reason.

I've been trying to get back into FFXIV again, which I'm managing to do this week. Starting down the road to all 70s. I managed to seriously clear out my backlog. The only game in there now is Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep. The Witcher 3 was my GOTY 2017 by the way.

I'm about 4 months into my new job and enjoying it greatly, even if they block Discord.

My wife and I have started trying for another baby, so hopefully, in the next Realm Recap, I'll have good news on that front.

My highlights so far have definitely been my D&D sessions. The group is making great progress. I've had a few player changes due to someone not having the time to play and new people being interested. There are currently 5 players, all with different levels of experience in D&D. The sessions are definitely the highest point of my weeks. If you haven't checked them out yet then I'd recommend it if that's your thing. The link is https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLjRIpPaz2nhq8Zsji-bTExmaoe_lSCvFD. I'm always open to advice and criticism.

Retry likes this.
  2. Choochoobo

Choochoobo Crystal Brave

Server:
    Leviathan
    Hey, @Jinzuku!

I go in spurts of checking up on the website, though I'm always pleased to still see you posting and encouraging this community.

I didn't get many gifts since I treat myself quite often around the year but I did finally end up grabbing my own copy of the EORZEAN ENCYCLOPEDIA, so I'm excited to start reading that. During this patch lull I've attempted to pick up BDO but with my new work schedule I pretty much only have time for FFXIV as well. Also on the road to all combat 70s-- I'm hoping that I can reach this goal before 4.2 hits!

Best wishes to you and your wife.

3. Jinzuku

Jinzuku Vice Administrator

Server:
    Phoenix
    Thank you for your kind words @Choochoobo

Getting the Eorzean Encyclopedia is awesome. What kind of stuff is in it? What parts of it do you really like?

I can't remember if there is a thread for BDO, it there isn't then I'd recommend you start one since I would love to talk to people about it since I've never played it but always been curious. I'm sure I heard it was coming to the PS4 so that might make me take the plunge.