Questions about ARR on PS4??

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by DJH521, Jun 18, 2013.

?

Will my ps3 ARR be playable on ps4 via download or will I need to purchase the game for ps4 as well?

1. Yes - you only need to buy it once and you will be able to play on the ps4 at no additional cost

31.3%
  2. No - ARR will not eve be on the ps4.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. No - you will have to buy another copy of ARR to play it on your ps4

37.5%
  4. I don't know.

31.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Dakota

Dakota Member

I have some questions.
    When PS4 comes out will I be able to play my ps3 version on it via download? I am told that the ps4 will not be backwards compatible.... So basically what I'm asking is this holiday season will I keep my ps3 AND buy a ps4 so I can still play ARR? Will I be able to download ARR to my ps4 without buying a new code, like will my ps3 download be transferable to my ps4?
  2. Grimus

Grimus Well Known Member

I dont think ARR will be playable right away on the ps4 when its released. Personally I would believe you would need to buy another copy though. This info comes from no where other than my own head btw. ;]
    DJH521 likes this.
  3. Dakota

Dakota Member

Thanks for your input :) I would hope that since I purchased the game I won't have to purchase again... But we will see. Also I don't wanna hang onto my PS3 for one game. I mean it'd be worth it. But would be improbable, and not cost or space efficient.
    Grimus likes this.
  4. Orien

Orien Well Known Member

I am assuming that you can just install it on your ps4 w/ the ps3 version, but I don't think we know the answer to this 100% quite yet.

You should be able to install the game client and then sign in with your already existing account info. For the ps3's that were backwards compatable that's all we had to do for XI.
  5. Dakota

Dakota Member

Only problem being the lack of PS4s backwards compatibility :p maybe it will be a ps4 download on the playstation network for people that own the ps3 edition.
  6. Oz Sortiarus

Oz Sortiarus Member

I would imagine that we would have to purchase another copy. I hope SE does offer a discount to upgrade from PS3 to PS4 through the PlayStation store.
  7. Dakota

Dakota Member

The only thing that makes me contest that is... Madden 25 and NCAA14 come out in August. Right now you can order them for the ps4. This is the case for other games coming out in the next few months as well. Nothing has been discussed about FFXIVARR on the ps4 ( I talked to some friends @ GameStop today ) a separate purchase would suck... But I'm sure it will be downloadable from PSN on PS4 with PS3 download code.
  8. Dirkonis

Dirkonis Member

You will most likely be able to play with your ACCOUNT on the PS4. However due to the fact that the PS4 is using x86 architecture rather than Cell Broadband Engine which is what the ps3 operates with it is a longshot that the disc will work. Essentially the coding is different, so sadly in the end we will either A: be able to download the game via the PS4 UI or buy another base copy when it comes out for 29.99 or whatever the price may be.

Nerd out! wait wait...I meant Geek. Sorry, GEEK OUT!

Yet another edit,considering the architecture I wouldn't doubt that they just adjust the coding slightly and give us the PC version in the end.
    DJH521 likes this.
  9. Kaelemar

Kaelemar Active Member

As far as I know, yes - in fact you need to purchase a new physical copy if you want to play FFXIV on PS3, even if you already purchased a copy for PC. This pretty sucks, I know :shifty:

---
    At least this is what the Italian GameStop Support Team told me :bored:
  10. Dakota

Dakota Member

How will it work when going from ps3 to ps4?? THAT is the big question my friend.
  11. Kaelemar

Kaelemar Active Member

As PS4 has still not been released, they told me that the procedure will be 99% similar to the one I wrote above :sour:
  12. Dakota

Dakota Member

Your saying after I pay $80 for a CE ps3 version, I will have to pay ANOTHER $40-$80 for a ps4 version?
    image.jpg
  13. Kaelemar

Kaelemar Active Member

Yup, btw there's no need to purchase another CE for PS4, just stick with the normal edition :pompus:
    Maybe Square-Enix will spread further info later this year..
  14. Dakota

Dakota Member

Yeah I wouldn't buy 2 CE's. lol. No need! What a buzzkill. Why wouldn't they let me pre order ps4 version now though? That's the only thing that gets me. Take for instance madden 25. It comes out same day ARR does. But it is available to pre order on the ps4 right now...
  15. Alvarion

Alvarion Active Member

Because Madden is going to be a launch title for ps4 whereas ARR won't be.
    In fact, we don't have a date for the PS4 version.
    DJH521 likes this.
  16. Kaelemar

Kaelemar Active Member

Well, not every single PS4 game can be preordered right now, just a few of them. Furthermore, Square-Enix still has to announce the release date for the PS4 version. Btw I just copied&pasted what they told me.. let's just enjoy the game on PS3, we will think about this problem later on, dabu!
    DJH521 likes this.
  17. Dakota

Dakota Member

Ty for the helpful responses :)
    Kaelemar likes this.
  18. Finnalie

Finnalie Member

FFXIV ARR for the PS4 has been slated for 2014. Thats all the information we have, and I would wager that that will fall in line with the 1st xpac towards the holiday season, and come as a package (similar to FFXI + Rise of Zilart). You can pretty much bet on buying another copy when it does get released. Takes work to get games optimized for each system, so you have to pay for it. I'm curious if you'll have to buy an xpac for the PC if you have it on the PS3/PS4 though.. or if you can torrent it and update it through your account. My instinct says each code will be system specific and stop any of that funny business though.
    Kaelemar likes this.
  19. Amaranthia

Amaranthia Active Member

I agree that we will likely have to buy a separate copy for the ps4. Just hoping it will come with any expansions we may get prior to the ps4 release. Maybe another few collectors edition specials? A girl can dream. I like stuff... All I can do is hope we will get more stuff with that release. Otherwise I may just stick on the ps3 edition.