Question regarding Deep Dungeons

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Bobbin Threadbare, Jul 13, 2018.

1. Bobbin Threadbare

Bobbin Threadbare New Member

Server:
    Masamune
    A bit backstory:
    Back when PotD released, I was quite recently finished solo-climbing Nyzul Isle in FF11 and was planning for my 2nd one which I understand, was requirement to unlock mythic weapons. But at that time, I was quite exhausted and pending this for another time. Thus having PotD arrival kinda not really on right timing on my behalf. Plus I did try like 1st 10 - 20 floors and it felt bland. And thus, I never got any interest touching this content... up until the recent Heaven-on-High released. I guess the 2nd DD did re-invigorate me to finally try PotD again. To my surprise, it didn't take long for me to finish all 1st 50 floors & HoH to 30th floor in 1 day. As of this writing, I've just finished cleared floor 100 for 2nd time using matching parties.

And so... here comes some question in mind:
    - Those padjali & kinna weapons, aside from achievement/glamours, does it still have purposes to get? Like maybe making me much stronger in PotD? Or the aetherpool level are more than enough regardless what gears I use outside PotD?
    - What is the cap aetherpool I can get on each floor series? Or just to summarize, what's the max I could get at floor 100?
    - Same with PotD, what's max aetherpool I can obtain up to floor 30 for HoH?
    - During twice my climb to floor 100, I've noticed players only bothered to get to next floor ASAP. There's already few occasions where my aetherpool didn't grow at all during several series of 10 floor ventures. Is this normal? or there's some reason players just want to rush finishing floors instead of trying to upgrade their aetherpools?
    - Just wondering if there's any worth I could get from accursed hoard up to floor 100? Because I was thinking to just skip them in my runs instead of trying to find, and probably would endanger my party with wipes.

I guess that's it for now. Probably would come up for more question. For now, I could only do matching parties, thus limiting me to actually progress beyond said floors due to fixed party requirements. Also, my prime time are usually around EU prime, I was coming from Sargatanas after all and I do hard content around that time back then. Thus, coming to JP server, Masamune, severely limiting me to do most of what I usually does, due to most south-east asia players already sleeping. Hence my questions are mostly for matched settings.

Anyhoo... that aside, please let me know. Thx. :)

2. Choochoobo

Choochoobo Crystal Brave

Server:
    Leviathan
    1. No, the weapons do not make you any "stronger" in the deep dungeons. They are primarily used for glamour purposes outside of the instance. They are not BiS but are much easier to get for more casual players.
    2. The max aetherpool is 99/99. The lower the floor, the less likely your armor and weapon are going to be upgraded from a silver chest.
    3. Since anything after floor 30 is cut off to fixed parties only, you can get up to 99/99 in HoH spamming floors 21-30. This is not the case for Palace of the Dead since there are more floors and matched parties are locked out of floors 101+.
    4. Theoretically, most of the players going for their floor 100 clears in HoH are already 99/99. Other than stocking up on pomanders, there is no need to open up every chest so it's about being efficient and fast.
    5. Accursed hoards have the potential to be turned in for rare items- specifically the Dodo bird mount.
    Congratulations on the two clears already! I don't even have my PotD floor 200 clear yet or HoH floor 100. Been so close though. :uguysrmean:

Jinzuku likes this.
  3. Bobbin Threadbare

Bobbin Threadbare New Member

Server:
    Masamune
    Thx for replies. However, only no 3 are HoH related, & rest of question are actually for PotD, but thx for letting me know that I can level HoH to 99/99 from 21-30 alone. At least for no. 5, does PotD accursed hoards still has any worth? Already done 100 clears 4x now, and I haven't seen any useful drops besides materia, prisms, lowbie glamours, & allagan replicas.

Also, thx again for that. Clears however are all for matched parties since I have no luck getting fix parties to attempt advance floors yet. Hopefully someday though. ;)

Anyways, good luck on yours reaching top floors. :)

4. Choochoobo

Choochoobo Crystal Brave

Server:
    Leviathan
    Past floors 100 (I think it may be even past like 120 or something?) the accursed hoards drop more rare items. The item sought out in Palace is the Nightmare Pegasus mount.

Bobbin Threadbare likes this.