Question about relic weapons

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by zak, Aug 31, 2013.

1. zak

zak New Member

From what i've noticed can't someone just make the weapon you need in my case a blacksmith could make the aeolian scimitar for me and meld the battledance 3 materia into it for you or do you NEED 50 blacksmithing/others to turn the quest in sorry if this is a stupid question but i kinda want to know since i don't want to level blacksmithing if i don't have too since my guild has level 50 blacksmiths in it
  2. ancientdeity

ancientdeity Member

Yes!, each weapon for the relic quest can be crafted, the tricky part is finding someone who can and also getting the two Materia III's. You can definitely do it on your own, once you have the weapon you can turn it in yourself. I'm currently using all my leve allowances leveling up goldsmithing for mine.
    [​IMG]
    Last edited: Aug 31, 2013
  3. zak

zak New Member

Thank you for replying that is such a relief i don't have to level blacksmithing now but is it really that hard to get a III materia :eek:
    ancientdeity likes this.
  4. ancientdeity

ancientdeity Member

Kin
    It can be, some people get lucky but you'll land a lot more II's than III's. Try and break down gear that has the Materia you need on the gear itself. For example, if you are a tank and need certain tanking Materia's, break down tanking gear for a shot at getting ones for that class. As for actually inserting the materia you need a catalyst called Carbonized Matter which comes in different grades. Miners and Botanists can collect it and i really recommend investing in food that that helps with high gathering, like Apple Tarts and use Sharp Vision III. You start seeing them at around 20 if i remember right.
    Last edited: Aug 31, 2013
    zak likes this.