Question about preorder codes and early access

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Jake Schofield, Jun 26, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jake Schofield

Jake Schofield New Member

Hi after reading a post today I have a question, do you get 2seperate codes for pre order items and early access on ps3. I ordered the collectors edition from shopto.net a uk site and got one code which gives me a site to put code in and tell new to wait. I see some people got two codes so did I not get my other?
  2. Phantomere

Phantomere Active Member

I haven't seen anyone with two codes yet. One code is the one that the distributor should have given you. I bought mines from GreenManGaming, personally (They always have slick coupons, so I got mines for 20% off, even though there was a coupon for 25% off only about a week after I bought mines!). But the code I got is supposed to be entered at a later date. You should also register for square enix, they will most likely be sending out an email when early access is coming up.

As for the pre-order items, they should come at a later date (near release). There will be a seperate code for these that you can enter in-game for the items. This should also be separate from the Collectors edition code.

The other code that you might be thinking about is the beta access key. Unfortunately, preordering FF14 does not guarantee that you'll be in the beta. However, there are many nice people around, and if you look hard enough, you should be able to find one!

TL;DR, Code you got was for early access, which is later on. You will get another code close to the actual release date for preorder items. You cannot currently use the code you were given by the distributor.
  3. Derringer Swyft

Derringer Swyft Member

Is the early access code PS3 specific? I ask because I preordered the digital download through the Square-Enix online store and wasn't given any sort of code aside from my order confirmation number.
  4. fluttersnipe

fluttersnipe Active Member

Gonna thread jack with a relevant question. Which Square-Enix site actually controls your account?

http://na.square-enix.com/us/home
    https://secure.square-enix.com/account/app/svc/Login?cont=account

The 1st one actually lists my game as preordered, and the 2nd site looks like a terribly made business website, complete with WAY to many clickable links on the side bar that lead to nothing. And on the point of the 2nd link, what the hell does "not registered" mean underneath "Token Usage status"?
  5. Derringer Swyft

Derringer Swyft Member

I registered for beta using the 2nd link you posted. However, when I tried to preorder the PC digital download at that site, it wouldn't work. Kept telling me I had "Invalid credentials" even after a password reset. The first site you linked is who I preordered through successfully afterwards.

In otherwords, no idea which controls my account :p
    fluttersnipe likes this.
  6. ThadeusStern89

ThadeusStern89 Active Member

When I went online the second site it said that the opportunity to enter a registration code for FFXIV wasn't present yet, so I presume that's the relevant one. Also it looks exactly like the login page of the beta for ARR
  7. Derringer Swyft

Derringer Swyft Member

When I got my beta invite, it was that same site I used to activate it.

I still can't guess why I wouldn't get a early access code yet. I know a few different people who've gotten theirs (but they're also doing it on PS3).
  8. ThadeusStern89

ThadeusStern89 Active Member

I think that codes for digital download are sent out closer to the time. The reason ps3 players get them earlier is because they can just find them on their receipt or ring up and ask. That's what I ended up doing since they didn't tell me about the code when I went to pre-order it, but it was on their system.
  9. Derringer Swyft

Derringer Swyft Member

I hope that's right. Ordering online through SE seems shady, with how their website is set up and them using a 3rd party (Digital River) as distributor. The paranoia is setting in :eek:
  10. Fybrile

Fybrile Moderator

http://www.ffxivrealm.com/threads/open-beta-early-access-answers-temp-sticky.2660/

Seriously, is there a way I could title this more intuitively? Something we can improve about the sticky system? If so, please feel free to PM me and let me know how I can improve it. Otherwise, please check the stickies before you start new threads. I'm pretty lenient, but all redundant threads about this topic will be deleted on sight, which means that you might not get your question answered in the future if you don't make use of the search function.
    ThadeusStern89 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.