PVP

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Estebanx1, Jan 28, 2013.

1. Estebanx1

Estebanx1 Active Member

Not sure if the pvp community on FFXIV is as big as other game, but who cares I'm excited about PVP in FXIV:ARR. I read that it'll be a coloseum type of PVP which sounds awesome and I also read that I'll have a spectator mode which again is aweome....well for me anyways. I'm sure there are some people who are against it maybe because they find it boring watching someone else fight or they don't like the idea of people watching and observing their moves or strategy. I think those elements are key to making pvp good in mmos I mean think about it you'll have to constantly change your strategy in order to make it to the next match.

Also I hope that there will be a tournament mode the that winner will win a rare weapon/armor or materia. If there is going to be a tournament mode there should be a bracket system. If you guys have anyother ideas feel free to post them here. See you in Erozea fellow Champions and as always Heed the Crystal Call!
    Kindgineer likes this.
  2. Kindgineer

Kindgineer Active Member

The idea of being able to spectate PVP sounds right up my alley. I'm, in no respect, good at any form of MMO PVP, so the fact that I can enjoy myself as the audience is a big plus for me.
    ilovelamps and Estebanx1 like this.
  3. Estebanx1

Estebanx1 Active Member

Good to know that people who aren't good at PVP are also into PVP
  4. Vamped

Vamped Administrator

Oh yeah, I am right there with you man! I am totally stoked for the PVP in FFXIV:ARR. Esteban, we will have to get in there and show em' how its done.
    Estebanx1 likes this.
  5. Estebanx1

Estebanx1 Active Member

You know Vamped.
  6. Blackpearlguy

Blackpearlguy Active Member

It'll be interesting to see how it's implemented. Will it be more like WoW or GW2?
    Estebanx1 likes this.
  7. Estebanx1

Estebanx1 Active Member

No one knows.
  8. Alderon

Alderon Active Member

I shall name my Chocobo "Bigbird Prime" and one-shot all of creation....muahahahahahahahahahahahaha :cool:
    Estebanx1 and Kindgineer like this.
  9. Owainn

Owainn Member

PvP is exciting as hell. Especially during the real danger factor. TERA Online Open World PvP was just awesome. The fact that you are strolling by and all the sudden you are being forced to fight for your life just gets your adrenaline kicking. PvP training also makes you a much better player as it greatly increases you awareness and responsive time. I am hoping for certain whole maps to be contested. I am not asking for 50% of the world maps but 1-2 maps that have a couple of NMs roaming about. It would be fun along side the controlled Arena PvP.
    Estebanx1 and Vamped like this.
  10. Estebanx1

Estebanx1 Active Member

lmao Nice yor chocobo will make a great meal for me lol:D
  11. Matra

Matra New Member

I am definitely stoked for arena-like PvP. Assuming their will be a spectator mode implemented, I would guess that they will add an option to choose whether or not your match is public. I know a lot of PvPers from WoW and GW2 whose performance would probably falter if they knew invisible people were watching them.
  12. Lavada

Lavada Active Member

I'm with you on that one. I have no interest in participating in PVP myself but I'd like to watch it. Especially if theres going to be someone there I know. If the PVP part of the game turns out to be able to have an audience, I'm quite certain that some people will turn it into some kind of betting/gambling thing. Like some people were doing in FFXI with the /roll. They'll put gill on someone to win lol. That could be interesting in itself.
    Estebanx1 and Kindgineer like this.
  13. Kindgineer

Kindgineer Active Member

Reminds me of the Jedi death duels I use to run in Star Wars Galaxies. Before a patch, Jedi use to be "permanent death," and you would lose months and months of hard-earned experience in the blink of an eye. After the patch released, we were eager to kill each other ad nausea. I decided to capitalize on this and formed a dueling-guild outside of Tatooine where Jedi were to fight with the ability to kill the person at the end. When you were a Jedi, dying would set you back around 100k-200k experience; the equivalent to about 5-6 days of leveling. It generally happened between Dark/Light Jedi, but sometimes people did it just to get the crowd to roar.

I would generally throw the tournament on a Thursday and people would throw a 10,000 credit buy in into the pot and vote on their winner. At the end, I would call out (kind of liek Caesar) on whether the Jedi/Sith should "/death" his foe. We all loved to role-play, so it wasn't always a decided vote to kill. It happened, though, hehe.

I hope that I might be able to form something like in FFXIV, but we were all close friends (the server nearly was) so who knows!