PS3 vs PC graphics comparison.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by fluttersnipe, Sep 4, 2013.

1. fluttersnipe

fluttersnipe Active Member

Thel likes this.
  2. ArkhamNative

ArkhamNative Active Member

They say they will be releasing a DirectX 11 version for PC for even better graphics. I think the PS4 version could be more like that (better looking than even the current PC client).
  3. Heras Death

Heras Death Active Member

Higher end pc will surpass PS4s graphics even with both DX11. You all know this is the truth.
    Aster, Shroomie and Zhenpo like this.
  4. Fornix

Fornix Active Member

If SE ever decides to make the PS4 version look better than the PC version on max graphics we all know they're simply being lazy ;). There's no reason a PS4 game should ever have to look better than a PC game, except for developers just not wishing to put in the effort.

Beyond that, I'm pretty confident the PS4 version will look very much alike the PC version. The engine handles things pretty well, even on a max resolution and with plenty of players onscreen the FPS count remains 30+ with decent hardware. The PS4 should have no issues running this game on a high graphical setting by minimum.
  5. ArkhamNative

ArkhamNative Active Member

I'm just saying the PS4 version could be of similar quality to the PC DX11 client, which should look better than the current DX9 client.
    Heras Death likes this.
  6. Heras Death

Actually my question for you guys is, can PS4 run 60fps like the pc? Or would it be 30 fps, have SE confirmed this?
  7. perrdxxblade

perrdxxblade Newbie

It's been confirmed to run at 60 fps. It's the freaking PS4. It can handle even better graphics than what the game will offer with DX11. Have you even seen the Kingdom Hearts 3 trailer? FFARR looks like s**t compared. :/ When he picks up that Keyblade, those are in-game cutscene graphics. It would be able to run it at an even higher FPS if it weren't for the cap just for this reason alone.

And to your first post, the PC would only have better graphics if the game were DESIGNED to have better graphics on PC. Ergo, if the best graphics possible that they created for the game was able to run on PS4, they'd look exactly the same. Even if you were using the most expensive gaming computer on planet earth. It wouldn't make a difference. And I'm not counting the addon programs which make the graphics better.

But even considering that, I know the PS4 will always match the PC version of this game because if it can run KH3 looking like that, it's only common sense. FFARR even with DX11 comes no where close to how good KH3 looks because it doesn't even use the Luminous engine...KH3 does...
    Heras Death likes this.
  8. Heras Death

Good points, though you cannot compare a console game with an MMO. I personally think FFXIVARR is the among the best looking MMO in the market, and it is an open world. But i understand completely by when you say if the game is designed to run on PS4 even ta beast spec PC will look as good as the PS4 can go. Technically if they made a game on PC first then port it to PS4 then the PC version will look better period, as with examples like Crysis 2 pc vs ps3, i give this example instead of crysis3 mainly because the engine used for Crysis 3 was built around consoles in mind, crysis2 had bigger graphics difference between the 2 platforms.

Second paragraph you compared Luminous which is the next gen engine from SE is meant for the future of console gaming not mmorpg. PC will be on par initially with PS4, but when AMD and NVIDIA bring new cards to the table, then ps4 will slowly lag behind as PS4 cannot be upgraded. Anyways this will turn to a big debate which I am not looking for. I just like to agree with the points you made that I can agree with.
    perrdxxblade and WhiteWinged7 like this.
  9. fluttersnipe

I dont have anything against consoles, nor am I a master race jerk. But Id have REALLY hard time playing this on consoles knowing what the pc version looks like.

I knew there would be a difference between the two versions, but I really wasnt expecting that big of one, its like night and day.
  10. Karamethien

Karamethien Active Member

Well when just 1 of 2 graphic cards cost more than the console system - it had better have superior graphics.
  11. kfen

kfen Active Member

I'm not much of a pusher on graphics in general -- if the design aesthetic is good, I'm mostly content --, but in this world which is supposed to be immersive, I'd really like to look up at the sky and not see dramatic banding.
  12. Brandon Copeland

Brandon Copeland Active Member

I run the game at 113 fps.. I can definitely push anything the ps4 thinks of having. Bring it.
    Laychu and Heras Death like this.
  13. HintOfMint

HintOfMint Active Member

I'll stick to SNES.

Ain't nobody got time for newer consoles with a gaming rig.
  14. Krozjin

Krozjin Active Member

I think the PS4 will look like the current max settings. Once DX11 hits then the difference will be substantial again.
    Heras Death likes this.
  15. Z.chu

Z.chu Active Member

Well yeah if you have a computer that can run it on those settings. =3
    I can buy me, my husband and my best friend all a PS3 for less then one gaming computer. I would have to spend thousands to get us all able to play on PC on high settings.

I do wish the graphics were as good as PC, but my hopes rest with the PS4 version.
  16. fluttersnipe

I decent gaming pc would set you back 2 PS3s, or 1.5 PS4s.
  17. Krozjin

Krozjin Active Member

Yeah a descent PC, where you'd be able to play top end games on medium setting will cost you around 1-1.5k. And a descent top end PC is around 3k+ (1k video card + 1k CPU as a base). If you made a computer with the same specs as the PS4 you'd spend about the same amount of money making it. About $100 more if I recall correctly. (I customized one on Newegg when the specs were released). In the end, the hardware jump between the PS3 and PS4 is MUCH smaller than the one that occurred between PS2 and PS3 unfortunately.
  18. Brandon Copeland

Brandon Copeland Active Member

Where in the world are you buying from then? My computer only costs 700$ and im owning frames in ffxiv
    Heras Death likes this.
  19. Krozjin

Krozjin Active Member

FFXIV isn't a top end game. By top end game I mean like the new Tomb Raider. Any shitty computer can play this game, but you don't want this to be the best your computer can do.
  20. fluttersnipe

Where the hell are you getting your numbers!? My pc is still considered mid-high and it cost me about 700 bucks...

1000 dollar cpu lol... Mine was 230 bucks and it was a cheaper high end cpu.

And my wife's Core i3 entry pc will play the newest Tomb Raid on almost max. This game is FAR more taxing than Tomb Raider is.