Ps3 to Ps4

Discussion in 'FFXIV Question & Answer' started by Nijinsky, Feb 12, 2014.

1. Nijinsky

Nijinsky Newbie

I'll explain this as best I can.

I'm a PC player. However I have a PS4. The other day I saw the boxed collectors edition for the PS3 (even though I dont have one) so decided to buy it as the physical items look really nice.

Now I hear if you own the Ps3 version you get a free upgrade to the Ps4. So what do I need to do?

Can i just use the code I have in my Ps3 version when it comes out on the ps4? Or do i need to install and activate the ps3 version before hand on a friends ps3 under my account?

Any advice is appreciated.
  2. GeekMatt

GeekMatt Well Known Member

Nijinsky likes this.
  3. Nichigo

Nichigo Content Moderator Content Moderator

EDIT: Removed misinformation about PS3/PC accounts.
    Last edited: Feb 12, 2014
  4. Rosebee

Rosebee Active Member

ETA: http://www.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/comments/1rpqli/pc_to_ps3_to_pcaccount_hopping/
    Reddit says you can!

1) Go to the mog station w/your pc account & register your ps3 game code.
    2) use a friend's ps3 to log onto your psn account & install the game.
    3) At ps4 release log on & stay playing

Note: st ps4 beta you'll be limited to s new character b on the beta world

I'm a ps3 player & my mog station had an option for registering as Windows copy of the game.

For a free ps4 upgrade you hebe to have an active/installed ps3 game on your psn account.
    Last edited: Feb 12, 2014
    Nijinsky and Nichigo like this.
  5. Nijinsky

Nijinsky Newbie

thanks guys
  6. nobopyon

nobopyon Active Member

So it looks like you can't transfer your PS3 character to PS4 on Phase 1 beta?

It looks like I will have to wait for phase 2 beta (April 4th) to play on my ps4 now :(

• Phase 1: February 22nd to March 3rd.
    • Phase 2: April 4th to April 7th.
    • Japanese Standard Time assumed for all dates.
    • The beta will be accessible for everyone with a PS4, and directly downloadable from PlayStation Store.
    • There will be a character wipe after phase 1.
    • Players who made their character in beta phase two will be able to bring this data to the retail version.
    • PS3 and PC players of FFXIV will be able to transfer character data to the PS4 (please note that this is only necessary for the beta — in the retail version, all players will play on the same servers).
    GeekMatt likes this.
  7. ArkhamNative

ArkhamNative Active Member

You could play a new character on PS4 during phase 1. :shy:

Also, SE posted more details, including:
    - Phase 1 will be on dedicated beta worlds in the Japan data center. No pre-existing characters. (No surprise there.)
    - Phase 2 will be on the public worlds, any data center. (So you wouldn't technically "transfer" your existing characters. You would just log in like normal but using the ps4.)
    nobopyon likes this.
  8. nobopyon

nobopyon Active Member

I forgot where i read it, but i remember it says if you play on PS4, you can no longer play on ps3.

I'm assuming it's after official release?

maybe I can finally meet some of PS player on this forum on P1 beta? xD
  9. ArkhamNative

Apparently the platform registration transfer (PS3 to PS4) happens April 11, according to the UK PS magazine article. That's after phase 2 ends and just before the start of PS4 early access. (Existing accounts can play during early access.)

Additional: Oh, if you want to just add PS4 but still play on your PS3, you simply need to buy a PS4 copy and add the registration to your account.
    Last edited: Feb 13, 2014
    nobopyon and Rosebee like this.
  10. Lasha

Lasha Member

I DL'ed client on PS3 and linked the version to my PC service account. Do I actually need to log in or can I skip the updates and go back to PC?
  11. Alderon

Alderon Active Member

I've got a question regarding the beta: Since the beta comes to PS4 on Feb 22nd and Japan is 13/14 hours ahead of the US, does that mean we'll get it on Friday?
  12. Lasha

Lasha Member

I wish. If its held for US time I won't get it until Sunday.
  13. ArkhamNative

A Feb 12 SE blog says you need to have logged in from PS3 at least once to transfer.
    Yup. :)
    (Unless they start it late Saturday in Japan. Then it will be early Saturday morning in the US.)
    Alderon likes this.
  14. Jemcrystal

Jemcrystal Member

Maintenance tonight. So will we get an influx of a bunch of new players (I'm in North America) when PS4 goes up?
    Last edited: Feb 19, 2014
  15. ArkhamNative

Beta PS4 will be on their own worlds/servers for phase 1. They won't be on the existing worlds until phase 2, which is scheduled to start April 4.

The PC version did go on sale on Steam yesterday, though. Both digital standard and collector's editions, and is half price for the first week. There might be an increase of new players from there.

SE announced times. Phase 1 is from 2/22 5pm to 3/3 5pm (Japan time). That's midnight US west coast time on Feb 22.
    Last edited: Feb 19, 2014
    Alderon likes this.