PS3 Early Access

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Simon Leonhart, May 25, 2013.

1. Simon Leonhart

Simon Leonhart Newbie

Just wondering how the early access will work for those who preorder the PS3 Collector Edition.
    I'm guessing we won't receive the actual physical disc until release day, but 7 days before release day we will be given a code to redeem on playstation network to download a digital version?
    Any thoughts?
  2. Danforth Wright

Danforth Wright Well Known Member

To be honest, I'm not 100% clear on this yet. The order form said clearly that we may not get the order shipment until after launch... So by today's standards that can only reasonably mean one thing: Sony will allow us to download the entire game without discs, we are only buying the discs to get the other perks. Maybe, the discs are required to load the special items...? That's my best understanding.
    Estebanx1 likes this.
  3. Simon Leonhart

Simon Leonhart Newbie

Yeah I'm kind of confused on this, I want to be able to start playing as soon as possible lol.
    Can't wait!
    Estebanx1 likes this.
  4. Estebanx1

Estebanx1 Active Member

:confused: I've been wondering about this since they annouced the release date
  5. camogator

camogator Member

I'm guess when early access starts you will have to download it on psn store then when release date comes you have to use the disk to play
    Estebanx1 likes this.
  6. Estebanx1

Estebanx1 Active Member

The thing is what happens to the download? If we get to download it before our disk is released whats the point of having the disk?
  7. Lord of Onzozo

Lord of Onzozo Active Member

So we have something to throw away when we're done playing it!
    Estebanx1 likes this.
  8. MarMoar

MarMoar Member

Ok, Its alittle complected but I can tell you what I think is gonna happen cause its what Guild wars 2 did for there Head start.

Apon Pr-Ordering (from where ever) you got a "Beta Code" This was special to Guild Wars 2 cause if you Pre-ordered you also got into the beta Weekends but this code once put into your account gave your account access to the head start, THEN after the head start was over an you got your copy of the game you would then processed to download the client off of the Disc (For some reason the beta/head start client was different from the actually CD client" But you would have to put in the new code that came with the CD into your account to say you got it. Letting you play the game from then on out..

So 2 go with what I said before, I believe the CD is just an activation thing to say you bought the game.. Also if we look at this from a PC prospective, PC players have always never used the Disc or only used it once. The Disc an box goes up on ur wall of games! lol
    Vivi585 and Estebanx1 like this.
  9. Estebanx1

Estebanx1 Active Member

LOL it'll collect dust. The reason I asked was because I remembered DCUO had a disk before going F2P but I'm sure you still needed the disk.
    Lord of Onzozo and MarMoar like this.
  10. MarMoar

MarMoar Member

Yup pretty much lol
    Estebanx1 likes this.
  11. Lord of Onzozo

Lord of Onzozo Active Member

Now it's on the playstation store for free, no disc needed. I have the disc for no reason at all, apparently. Fun game it was for awhile.
    Estebanx1 likes this.