Proto Armor Identification Key??

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Silowyi, Dec 20, 2013.

1. Silowyi

Silowyi Active Member

Anyone know what this is? I got one from a FATE in the sylphlands.. it' isn't clickable... no idea what to dow ith it.

Anyone know? Thanks!
  2. Deeney

Deeney Member

I just googled it and found this: http://cdkeypricescompare.com/final-fantasy-xiv-guide-acquiring-the-magitek-armor-mount/

"In addition to the Chocobo that you will get midway through the game, there is one more that you will be getting in the latter part of the game. In Final Fantasy XIV, the Magitek Armor will play a big role as the story unfolds and luckily, you will have an opportunity to get and use it as you travel through the land of Eorzea. Unlike the Unicorn mount that the Conjurer’s class gets, the Magitek Armor mount is available for everyone to obtain. Unfortunately, the mount is only obtainable as soon as you finish the game. There is no lengthy process that you have to do or spend gil to buy it. Simply finish the game and an item called “Armor Identification Key“. Check out the Magitek Armor in action! Magitek Armor: For more Final fantasy XIV Game Guides like this one, check out our Final Fantasy XIV Game Guide page."

But nothing about "proto" armor.
  3. Gara Bloodreaver

Gara Bloodreaver Well Known Member

Hidden mount maybe? Oh my! The thought would make me strip down to nothing if I didnt already!......seriously im wearing a hospital gown, but no worries! I've opened the back so they can get a full view of my backside in all of its glory!
  4. Silowyi

Silowyi Active Member

I already have my Magitek mount from the story line, this dropped from a FATE... no idea what to do with it for now
  5. AgelessDaisy

AgelessDaisy Active Member

This is why we're friends.
    --- Double Post Merged, Dec 20, 2013 ---
    What FATE in what area? Also screenshots if you can, so we can see what to look out for.
  6. Deeney

Deeney Member

That's what I was thinking. Hidden mount, not you mooning people.
  7. Gara Bloodreaver

Well! Turns out I didnt have to get naked but instead I was to just remove my shirt before donning the hospital gown. I have no regrets although I can't say the same for the rest of the staff here. Oh well, time to get my scripts and go home!
    --- Double Post Merged, Dec 20, 2013 ---
    Not even a little?
  8. GeekMatt

GeekMatt Well Known Member

I'll bet there's a sylph beast quest that requires you to obtain it, if it was in that area.
  9. AgelessDaisy

AgelessDaisy Active Member

You getting on? Tonight I'll be 50...I'll be down to do runs, but only if you want me to come with, I need to start up on Weaver. Vanya ain't going to craft itself, because screw DL farming.
  10. ilmaestro

ilmaestro Well Known Member

This is accurate.
  11. DuffMcD

DuffMcD Active Member

12. Gara Bloodreaver

Dl would be quicker to get. The mats required to make vanya (and gyphonskin for that matter) will require considerable more grinding. Also you really wont get the full benefit of vanya without overmelds which will require more grinding for spiritbonding. If you buy the materia you are looking at a hefty price depending on your luck (I have a friend on my server that has sank almost 700k into materia for overmelds and still not done)
  13. Silowyi

Silowyi Active Member

Thank you! I haven't gotten that quest yet but I will hold on tight to it!
  14. Hulvein Blitz

Hulvein Blitz Active Member

Just curious, anyone seen the black unicorn, with a fire horn, and garuda wind around its feet?

Has red eyes too, looks so awesome.
  15. Silowyi

Silowyi Active Member

I have not yet... but it MUST BE MINE!
  16. Deucalion Stormbourne

Deucalion Stormbourne Active Member

I havent seen one yet, but i hear the whistle drops from one of the extreme mode primals
  17. Hulvein Blitz

Hulvein Blitz Active Member

Just incase no one knows what I'm talking about..

[​IMG]
  18. Santi432

Santi432 Member

That looks sweet
  19. DuffMcD

DuffMcD Active Member

I have not seen the Nightmare yet, only saw the mount icon for it and that it has been "confirmed" as a Garuda Extreme Mode drop.