Primals

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Norshine, Jul 29, 2013.

1. Norshine

Norshine Member

How many primals are there at launch, and how many summons are there for summoners?
  2. racooperii

racooperii Well Known Member

Hard to pinpoint exact numbers since there was only 1 Primal available in Phase 3 Beta, and no Archanist/Summoner for it either.

That said, in speculation there will potentially be at least 2-3 Primals to start with and probably branch into the Big 6 Before the first Expansion Pack. Summoner will have 5 Summons or so, after looking at the datamined information. I highly suggest checking out:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Xehanort1227/videos

This guy has a lot of good information about FFXIV as well as the Primals and Summons for Summoner.
  3. Balaur

Balaur Active Member

It should also be noted that guys like Odin, Good King Mog, and Bahamut will probably not be acquirable as "eggi," merely as fights. The same will likely be true of Alexander and Gilgamesh. Summoners will probably focus on just the elemental-focused Primals, and that's it (thus, no real light and dark, either). Carbuncle and Fenrir are not likely to be typical summons: Carbuncle you start out with as Arcanist, and likely will have with you as Summoner or Scholar, but Fenrir may be a tad overused from XI but appear in some other form.
  4. Kolossus

Kolossus Active Member

In before Fenrir becomes an exclusive SMN mount.
  5. Mycroft

Mycroft Active Member

I recall Ramuh mentioned as another launch Primal, we know that Siren and Shiva will be around as well at some, but no specifics have been given.
  6. Balaur

Balaur Active Member

Ramuh and Shiva are part of the big six mentioned earlier:
    Fire - Ifrit
    Earth - Titan
    Wind - Garuda
    Water - Leviathan
    Lighting - Ramuh
    Ice - Shiva

Dark - ?Fenrir (not confirmed)
    Light - Carbuncle (actual summon for ACN, not an eggi)

Add to this Odin, Good King Mog, Bahamut, Gilgamesh, likely appearance of Alexander, and apparently Siren, and you'd have a lot of Primals. But only the first six would be "summons," for which a unique legless eggi will be summoned, embodying merely a fraction of the power of the Primal.
    Clinique likes this.
  7. Kolossus

Kolossus Active Member

Is the Good King Mog an actual primal, worshiped by a beastmen tribe, that drains the Aether? I never got to that point in 1.0, which is why I'm asking, because I was always under the impression it was just some kind of fight to farm for loot. I wasn't aware it was considered a "Primal".
  8. ThadeusStern89

ThadeusStern89 Active Member

It would certainly be interesting to command a gigantic Mog. Ku-powwww! Lol. Get it...? ;)
  9. Mycroft

Mycroft Active Member

Well, he is a creation of the Gods and is the "Primal" of the Moogles. The Moogles themselves summoned him because they wanted their leader back, unfortunately when he was summoned as a Primal, he did just what any other Primal would do, started gathering followers and Aether.
  10. Orien

Orien Well Known Member

3 Primals at the start are confirmed Ifrit, Garuda, Titan. They could sneak another in but it is likely to be in one of the first 2 content patches from all we have heard thus far.

4 if you count GKM, but I don't.

Also Dark would more likely be Diabolos and Light Alexander. That is if the primals are not restricted to only what Summoners will be able to summon. Just going on the traditional FF type of roles. But Fenrir could easily be Dark (the Moon) but that would still leave Light as Carbuncle is the Arcanist summon I doubt we'll see it as a Primal but could be I suppose. It certainly doesn't have any beast tribe tied to it at this point.
  11. Hyoda

Hyoda Active Member

I saw the data mined images of Sirin!! She looked amazing!
  12. racooperii

racooperii Well Known Member

I think they swap out Carbunkle for the Ramuh Eggi and Titan? eggi. I think Carbunkle is exclusive to ACN. But we'll have to see once someone becomes a Summoner.

Personally I would much rather have Bahamut as an eggi than Fenrir, but I know theres a zero percent chance of that happening.
  13. Kolossus

Kolossus Active Member

WHAR DEY BE YO?!

Hey there, long time/no see. I'm assuming you're the same Mycroft from FFXIVCore.com? Thanks for the explanation about the Good King Moogle Mog. I hadn't progressed far enough in 1.0 to know much about him, aside from some of his weapons looked like bargain bin toys. ;)
  14. Mycroft

Mycroft Active Member

Shush, don't tell anyone. I am supposed to be helping with setting up the new Core.
    And you're quite welcome.

As for the Siren model, it looks exactly like the artwork:
    Show Spoiler
    [​IMG]
  15. shaolinsword

shaolinsword Member

16. Balaur

Balaur Active Member

We should presume he is in the game, somewhere. Maybe not in the same manner as before (special dungeon encounter) but in it nonetheless.
  17. Fybrile

Fybrile Moderator

If... you... can summon a moogle... I swear to god... summoner4life. I'll even overlook the egi-s.
    Balaur and Najla like this.
  18. GenRiur

GenRiur Active Member

Heck yes moogle summon.

I don't mind the Egi's however i still think they should make the summoners limit break summon the greater primal form for a couple moves.
  19. shaolinsword

shaolinsword Member

Oh, cool. I read a little bit about GKM and it would be good to hear the "This is Halloween" / "Mog's Theme" mashup. Is Fenrir an informed guess as well?
  20. Balaur

Balaur Active Member

The presence of an eggi may provide a buff to the class/job, but also to the party. If so, it may actually influence LBs.
    Ifrit - increased damage (also does periodic damage while out)
    Titan - increased defense/reduced damage received (increases enmity to itself from mobs who aggro onto you)
    Garuda - increased accuracy (provides slows or weakness while out)
    Ramuh - increased dot effectiveness or duration, improved stuns (will occassionally dot a target while out, own ability doesn't apply to it)
    Shiva - increased mana regeneration (may also provide bonus healing effectiveness, like a mini Convalescence, while out)
    Leviathan - increased TP regeneration (may also reduce costs of TP useage while out, though I realize this would be borken)

Each of the eggis may also stand in for one of the main stats, and thus provide a bonus focused on that stat: Ifrit for STR, Titan for VIT, Garuda for ACC, Ramuh for INT, Shiva for PIE, Leviathan for MND. (I'm just tossing out speculation like mad in this post, don't mind me.)

Carbuncle may provide a small benefit, such as 1% increase in stats (at minimum 1 to each stat?).

Who knows. But this means depending on class, having an eggi out is beneficial to a party, at the cost of limited effectiveness of the summoner's own abilities. Thus, the extra effects provided are rounded up by the SMN themself being weaker (and thus providing less DPS than a purswe caster, but more than a healer or SCH. They would, in essence, be buff bots.
    Orien likes this.