Primal Extreme Mode preview

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by FeroXs, Nov 23, 2013.

1. FeroXs

FeroXs Member

For anyone that was unable to watch the live letter yesterday, this is a short clip showing some of the mechanics of the Extreme Mode fights.

2. Scape

Scape Active Member

I don't know. I don't much like the idea of them rehashing the same bosses with just adding more mechanics.
    Blitzen Twiceborn and Wykedtron like this.
  3. Gara Bloodreaver

Gara Bloodreaver Well Known Member

If the rewards are good I'm there.
  4. Gigarit

Gigarit Member

These kind of look ridiculous, that titan video makes me cringe with all the landslides..how is that even fun lol. Also I don't think the fights give anything except bragging rights...not like they will make it drop gear better then coil.
  5. Gara Bloodreaver

If they drop little nude Gara minions everyone will fight a primal for one.
  6. Shroomie

Shroomie Active Member

i feel like i'll need to buy a pc to play this properly now
  7. Balaur

Balaur Active Member

Titan HM is fun ... and horrible at the same time. Titan, unlike the other Primals, has never really been about DAMAGE so much as survival. And the survival portion of the fight is the fun part. Quite a lot of people enjoy it, but it is very easy to mess up. It is also very easy to end the fight with half the group dead, or more. Trying to be standing at the end, that is a challenge, and one I look forward to, yet the group must do well, and I must do well. Titan EX will just push that even further, but none of us have DONE it. So, in short, don't knock it until you try it.
  8. metalwrath

metalwrath Member

I can see Exteme mode Titan resulting in a lot of broken joypads and keyboards :D
    Maaja, Shroomie and Balaur like this.
  9. Shinrai

Shinrai Member

The Extreme Mode Primals will drop new i90 weapons.
  10. Kredo

Kredo Active Member

That Titan was just rediculous. Two mini titans, two people imprisoned, them landslides and bombs at the same time. I understand it is extreme mode but damn that is ridiculous. I hope the Titan Ex weapon looks less ugly than the HM version. I want them all.
  11. Balaur

Balaur Active Member

The report was: The quest for completing all three primal extreme modes awards a weapon specific to your Job. This doesn't tell us if there are weapons in the chests. There will be primal drops, but the big weapon seems to be a quest reward, or there is one in addition to the fight chests.
  12. Kredo

Kredo Active Member

I hope it is much better looking than the shiny +1 because that has definitely got me spoiled. Only way I would use the EX primal weapons would be if they are better looking than +1, since I am sure it will be just as strong if not a little stronger than +1.
  13. Gara Bloodreaver

Im telling you there should be Garaesque items. The bard bow could be a nude Gara with a bowstring tied to the toes on one end and held in the mouth at the other. Lqnce weapon could be a nude Gara with his hands above hiw head resembling a diving pose. Paladins can use the body as a shield and as for the sword...well..you know. Monk weapons..theres really only one place for them to put their fists so figure it out. If this doesn't make people flock to the Ex primals I dunno what will.
    Shroomie likes this.
  14. Kredo

Kredo Active Member

The mental pictures >.< lol
  15. Shinrai

Shinrai Member

I misread; yes, it seems that killing all 3 will grant an i90 weapon.

16. Kredo

Kredo Active Member

Can't wait to see what my BLM weapon looks like. It better be the sexiest thing that anyone has ever laid eyes on.
  17. Gara Bloodreaver

It's a gara with a jewel in its forehead. Pay attention Kredo dude! I can't get these designs to launch without more people on board
    Kredo likes this.
  18. Washburn

Washburn Newbie

if titan garuda and ifrit drop same weapons with different skins i highly doubt there will be people running Titan.
    Shroomie likes this.
  19. Gara Bloodreaver

Could use weapons like these guys.