Post your latest/greatest accomplishment in FFXIV

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by AgelessDaisy, Oct 30, 2013.

1. racooperii

racooperii Warrior of Light

Server:
    Brynhildr
    As of yesterday:

Capped tomes for the first time ever.
    Oneshotted my Nin Relic, solo DF.
    Ilvl 101 PLD, i93 Nin.
    Won big on mini Cacpot!
    Got over my DF fears and am now running without the friend buffer!

Next up, Animus? i90 Healer? Who knows the world is mine!
    --- Double Post Merged, Mar 10, 2015 ---
    Could also respec for STR.

It certainly helps me out lol.

Maaja and Caimie Tsukino like this.
  2. Sword

Sword Scion

It can, but it also depends on how desperate for HP you are. I usually stick to full DPS accessories for any content below i120 because you usually don't need the HP for most of it unless you got terrible healers or are undergeared.

racooperii and GeekMatt like this.
  3. GeekMatt

GeekMatt Moderator

Server:
    Brynhildr
    I have some DPS accessories, specifically ring and wrist. But weapon damage is the biggest factor and 25 ilvls is a lot. I've never been quite so far behind, and I think most tanks have at least the DPS ring, unless they're actually capable of some BiS (or close to) gearset that doesn't involve DPS accessories. I also have a gear priority order because I play multiple classes frequently, so once I picked up my PLD must-haves, I gear my NIN, then WHM (since healer more than any class is 10x more dependant on ability over gear).

It's not like I lose aggro frequently, but it seems that EVERYONE has Excalibur or even Zeta, and when I provoke+ Rage of Halone (mid combo) and instantly lose the mob to the other tank before my next hit, it's frustrating (and causes death in some cases T_T).

I may put my NIN on the back burner again to collect the full set of deeps accessories for my PLD. I won't however respec, because with the type of content I'll be doing that's actually important to me, survival is more beneficial than DPS, and I'll be running with a competent co-tank anyways.

4. racooperii

Server:
    Brynhildr
    Im still running with 50/50. I have good survivability and aggro generation.

I dont "Plan" on doing my Relic past the Atma I have, but that does leav me limited options for weapons. UAT only goes to i110, and not sure what I would need to go further besides Coil/Relic.

GeekMatt likes this.
  5. GeekMatt

GeekMatt Moderator

Server:
    Brynhildr
    But being in a static for EX primals where we currently outgear the content (meaning DPS shouldn't be a big issue) I view any additional survivability (particularly my own as tank) as an advantage to our progression.

Currently UAT is the highest without downing T9 or Shiva EX, getting the current UAT equivalent that you can get from Final Coil, upgrading the relic weapon to nexus or higher, OR lastly downing T13 for that weapon.

6. racooperii

Server:
    Brynhildr
    That all sounds like too much work, and since Im not big on COIL, the UAT should suit me just fine.

I let my gear progress my HP, Im expecting some nice hikes up when I start getting my Poe accessories from my Myth ones LOL.

7. Scorp6

Scorp6 Crystal Brave

UAT is next for me on my PLD as well. I have the shield already.

racooperii and GeekMatt like this.
  8. ilmaestro

ilmaestro Crystal Brave

GSM dskill 88.11. Blew up a lot of Astrolabe Clinometers and all my i90 accs, which at least provided me with a number of FCIII and a lot of my money back from Gold Ingots etc.

Aged Eye of Fires are like 30k right now on Odin, compared to 10k last week, so getting another couple of levels off Furnace rings seems... expensive. But I want to hit dskill 90 before I start desynthing Artisan's Needles so that I can hit 100% desynth on them with food and meds.

Nice. Capping tomes is pretty free once you get used to doing EX roulette, so you should be well on your way to gearing up some more.

9. AgelessDaisy

AgelessDaisy Scion

Server:
    Jenova
    Just don't be one of those guys with a Zeta weapon and still on T5. Met one and almost died of laughter. T9 isn't all that hard once you get through the elemental dance. T10 is a real tank check along with T11 and T12. Make sure you go in prepared. Bennu's are a bitch on T12. :I

10. Ivy

Ivy Bounty Hunter II

Server:
    Gilgamesh
    T13 is a tank check too =P Final Coil is mainly about healers and tanks - healers have to watch their MP, know when to AoE heal, know how to mitigate, know how to not grab aggro on only a thousand adds, time things perfectly or everyone is dead, etc. DPS is a factor in T13 in particular, but I will say DPS has it a bit easier in T10-T11 - T12 is different because if you want four bennus you need good DPS. Enrage is likely to be met in T13 at least once or twice, and I almost guarantee that the clear will be Bahamut casting the enrage Gigaflare as well.
    T13 has three adds the WAR gets that must be grabbed in certain areas. Bahamut must be positioned properly to avoid tethering and giving a damage up and vulnerability down. Then when you get to Divebombs, there's only a thousand adds tanks have to be ready to pick up and know where to take.
    Oh, and don't let me mention how often the WAR adds in P2 are going to bitchslap your WHM if they're even a millisecond too slow on healing. I've stopped Cure IIIing when Rage of Bahamut goes off because the fear is real.

11. GeekMatt

GeekMatt Moderator

Server:
    Brynhildr
    Coil progression and relic progression are kind of silly to compare :what: And it doesn't matter how good or geared you are, fights like t5 and t9 aren't clearable unless you've got a party of people that know the dance.

12. AgelessDaisy

AgelessDaisy Scion

Server:
    Jenova
    Your sense of humor is gone. It was supposed to be a light joke. v.v

Maaja and GeekMatt like this.
  13. racooperii

Server:
    Brynhildr
    Much like his common sense, I doubt the existence of either in regards to @GeekMatt.

14. Caimie Tsukino

Caimie Tsukino Realm Scribe

Server:
    Zalera
    i115 upgraded shiva weapons are still pretty fine to use at the moment. I am using i115 sword and shield for my Pld, and i am not having any trouble. :burp:

racooperii likes this.
  15. Caimie Tsukino

Caimie Tsukino Realm Scribe

Server:
    Zalera
    Make NQ Gold Spectacles, and meld 3 to 4 materia on them. Eat a bacon broth or tinker's calm. You will be lvl 100 very soon! :idea:

ilmaestro likes this.
  16. ilmaestro

ilmaestro Crystal Brave

Hmm. I guess I need to get my hands on some Tawny Latex then!

17. Sword

Sword Scion

Got myself my Rauni Lucis!

18. ilmaestro

ilmaestro Crystal Brave

Very nice!

I crafted the mats for, and then made, an HQ Cashmere Robe of Healing for some new glamor for my SCH, so I feel ready over the next couple of days to look towards making some Artisan's Offhands and then hopefully getting my WVR Supra and Master Book II.

Also as a follow up to my previous post, Tawny Latex has skyrocketed in price on Odin this week. -_-

Caimie Tsukino, Sword and GeekMatt like this.
  19. Pearl

Pearl Crystal Brave

We are able to one-shot T10-T12 now..."Bahamut, get ready to get rekt...or we'll get rekt" :shifty:

Caimie Tsukino likes this.
  20. Laventious

Laventious Crystal Brave

Cleared t5 today :D took 4 tries but we got it :really:

(2-3 months total it took me off and on but 4 tries today)

Last edited: Mar 12, 2015