Please help retainer!

Discussion in 'New Player Question & Answer' started by Kaladin, Aug 24, 2013.

1. Kaladin

Kaladin Member

I can't get a retainer they are telling me I need a better reputation (Gridania) People are telling me i need to progress further in the story but I don't see anything that would tell me where that's at? I've done all my quests for my Lancer guild up to level 20 and am level 22 right now. Where would I find my main story quests? Am I on the right track? I've gone back to the main lady and adventures guild in Gridania but have done nothing that would tell me if it's a main story quests or not! Any help would be Greatly appreciated!
    --- Double Post Merged, Aug 24, 2013, Original Post Date: Aug 24, 2013 ---
    please :`(
  2. Cynessae

Cynessae Active Member

Have you done the Ifrit fight yet?
  3. Karamethien

Karamethien Active Member

In the quest journal it should have a list of Main Quest for each city.
  4. Kaladin

Kaladin Member

Ahh! ok each city cool thanks @Karamethien !
    --- Double Post Merged, Aug 24, 2013, Original Post Date: Aug 24, 2013 ---
    hmmm i'm still not seeing any main quests, in gridania or ul'dah
    --- Double Post Merged, Aug 24, 2013 ---
    I'm missing something, i have no idea what or where my main quests is/are i have nothing in my journal other than guildleves and no matter where i go i get the same thing
  5. Karamethien

Karamethien Active Member

Weird. I just logged for server maintenance. I will check when I log back.
  6. Reselath

Reselath Member

Your main quest has an exotic gold border around it, sorta like a flame. You'll gain access to your retainer once you join up with Milliera or whatever her name is ;-; I can't remember.
  7. ancientdeity

ancientdeity Member

Yeah you'll get a help icon about retainers once you join up with the 7th Dawn. Just keep following the main story line its separate from the class quests,
  8. Oestaira

Oestaira Active Member

Here's how it works: Your starting city makes you an envoy after your first big duty. You go to each city with letters. You return home. You get sent back out ona few other things and end up doing a total of three Dungeons. Sastasha, Tam-Tara and Copperbell. Then you get sent around a couple other places until you're told to join up with the Scions of the Seventh Dawn. After speaking to the leader and finishing that quest, they tell you you now can hire retainers.
    Maggie May likes this.
  9. Kaladin

Kaladin Member

The last thing I have in my journal for the main quests under complete is a *Lv 13 : Skeletons in my Deepcroft which says

• The road to Bentbranch has grown too hazardous for travel, and Lothaire asks you to help make the area safer. Journey to the Tam-Tara Deepcroft to the southwest and slay magicked bones outside the entrance.
    • You lay the departed souls to rest a final time. Return to Lothaire and tell him of your accomplishments.
    • Thanks to your efforts, travelers on the road to Bentbranch will have less to fear in the future. However, the ultimate cause behind the increase of magicked bones has yet to be determined, and Lothaire wonders what could drive the dead to walk again.
    I don't remember who this Lothaire is or where he is any help would be a blessing I've been messing with this all day..
  10. Reselath

Reselath Member

Open up the journal, click the quest, hit map. There ya go.
  11. Kaladin

Kaladin Member

It was never in my journal, I found IT though!!!!! Central Shroud! Holy crud that was hard to find, went all across the world looking for the one exclamation point that was in my home town. Thanks for the help @Oestaira - @ancientdeity - @Reselath - @Cyan Auras and everyone else!
  12. Cyan Auras

Cyan Auras Active Member

I helped? :O
  13. Jemcrystal

Jemcrystal Member

I don't see it mentioned anywhere but I'm getting my venture tokens from fates. It says lvl 17 to unlock which would make sense as you can't even get a retainer unless you've progressed the story line. I have yet to locate the npc that gives this quest (mostly because I'm to busy doing other things). I want to go to Ul'dah. Anyone know where the beginner npc stands (I hate cords)?

wiki: http://ffxiv.consolegameswiki.com/wiki/Retainer_Ventures
  14. Maggie May

Maggie May Active Member

There's a quest for that in each city... usually in a main square. Just hover over the ! on the map and you should be able to find it no problem.
  15. The47thSen

The47thSen Well Known Member

Holy necrophilia batman!
    racooperii likes this.