Bard Playing BRD post-50

Discussion in 'Disciples of War' started by Billy Batsonn, Jun 23, 2015.

1. Billy Batsonn

Billy Batsonn Crystal Brave

Server:
    Brynhildr
    Honestly I was thinking the same thing, I probably could do everything in my opener before Sidewinder with W'Minuet off, then turned on when I get to that point. Not sure if it be stronger but it might be something to test out. Honestly I'm uses to timing so much I was waiting bit to try it XD. Like you said when our buffs drop the dps get a big hit and when I use Iron Jaws it usually 1-3 sec before all my buffs drop together. Maybe that method would give me more room for error because if I need to do any big dodge i'm usually screwed XD

Caimie Tsukino and Adonsa like this.
  2. Adonsa

Adonsa Crystal Brave

Hi Billy,
    I've been working thru and enjoying your rotations, (or portions of) while doing clan hunts.
    Prefacing with raging and hawk, then either the DoTs (with Sidewinder) or straight into E-Arrow is fun
    and impressive to watch.

I observe my performance while doing the clan hunts (how many hits it takes)
    or mess around with the striking dummy.

Building these into macros turned out to be a bad idea.
    Macro: Venom, Windbyte, Sidewinder
    or Macro: Bard buff, Venom, Wind
    Along comes AoE, and I can't sync dodging AoE with the macro, so, a canceled DPS happens.
    Back to key mashing.

With W/Min turned off, i can deliver a hell of a lot of dps non-stop while continuously dodging,
    but, oh well, i was severely reprimanded, by a tank, in NeverReap for not keeping W/Min
    turned on all the time. So, oh well, i just leave it on and try not to screw up my timing (while
    dodging, ya know). I used to turn it on and off a lot, but ohhhh noooo, i just leave it on forever.
    Well, i'm in love with E-Arrow, so what the hell.

May I bring up the subject of Foe Requiem? Along comes a BLM, I love to keep em happy
    so I crank up Foe R. whenever it's needed. Before H-Ward, a tank in Snowcloak refused
    to allow me to use it. On another occasion, I was scolded for not using it enough.
    I default to keeping the BLM or SMN happy, but the time it takes to bring up Foe Req
    is about the same as a heavy shot (or whatever). Thus, the price (and risk) of keeping the BLM happy.
    I've been thinking about just asking the tank (at the beginning) if I may use
    Foe R. Many thanks for your replies

3. Billy Batsonn

Billy Batsonn Crystal Brave

Server:
    Brynhildr
    I use Foe on all boss fights with casters in the party. I could use it on trash pulls but I need to turn it on and off to let the tank grab the mob and let my mp come back between pulls. Honestly the only reason I don't is cause it just trash pulls and I'm lazy. As long as you're giving it on boss fights you're good in my opinion. I'll only give it on trash if the caster ask for it and not being a dick about it.

Also do you have Blood for Blood and Internal Relase Cross-classed?

Last edited: Sep 8, 2015
  4. Carbonyl

Carbonyl Crystal Brave

What kind of pompous asses are you running into in Ex Roulette that would even comment on that? That seems like a bummer. Unless they're just being curious or giving suggestions. Its Ex Roulette, not super cereal.

I too have Minuet on 24/7 unless I'm in a primal Ex or sync'd to sub-60.

It's not like you're a level 19 Thurm who still doesn't know how to use Transpose properly. That was a fun Tam tara run, though at least they were open to learning.

I also always play Foes for all bosses and whenever my MP is maxed because most healers seem to DPS. (Unless Foe's, for whatever reason, doesn't affect healer-type DPS in which case meh)

It may have been that tank's first time running snowcloak and they were uncertain of their ability to hold agro well. Most tanks, especially as their main, don't seem to mind.

5. Ish

Ish Scion

Server:
    Leviathan
    Only real time to not have Minuet on is fights like in fractal (were that boss charges at you) so you can turn it off just before other then that it's a rather big loss of dps if Bards do not use Minuet. And i know there is still an uproar on some very stubborn Bards that refuse to adapt to the new changes and just would rather complain... Not this forum though ;)
    As for Foe's, even if there is a Ninja in the group i will use it as Ninja has magical damage, and if no mp or tp is needed may as well use it :)

Oh and your rotation is great, except that bloodletter because procs and what not i usually begin with that over straight shot. Also after windbite>venemeous bite, i apply a heavy shot and then proceed with sidewinder. Or Empryreal Arrow> Heavy Shot> Sidewinder. (or just Empryreal)
    I really have never done parses and what not on my Bard. And this is by no means arguing with you, just saying what i use.
    I do still Bard now days as i prefer blm since sometimes in 2.0 but still fun class and not at all broken like some people may claim

Oh and to that comment about Foe and blm, i never ever request it nor do i care if i receive it while playing as blm. If a blm is good enough they should not even need it is how i look at it.
    So chances are if a blm complained about no foes they are probably not very good at the class and NEED foe to boost their dps to be somewhat decent, lol

Last edited: Sep 9, 2015
    Adonsa likes this.
  6. Adonsa

Adonsa Crystal Brave

Hi Ish,
    In that particular case, the tank complained that the BLM wasn't any good because I wasn't using Foe R. enough.
    So he got angry and rage-quit. Replacement tank was just happy to be there, and the run went well.
    BLM and I are friends and his i-Level is way up, so he didn't care whether he got Foe R or not.

I like to experiment with my bard buffs when I can, and lately i've been spacing out my Raging Strikes, Hawkeye, Barrage, Int. Rel, to try to keep something going most of the time. Sometimes I'll do Raging and hawkeye together, then pick up Barrage and Int Rel a bit later on. I always try to follow up venom and wind with sidewinder.

What works best, I dunno, i just observe the monster and effects on it. Doing solo on clan hunts seems useful for
    trying stuff.

Before Hvn Ward, I used to let macros do a lot of the work, but no more.
    As far as I know, macros and w/minuet are incompatible when AoE's are happening, plus they're too slow.

Many thanks for all your replies. :)

Caimie Tsukino likes this.
  7. Caimie Tsukino

Caimie Tsukino Realm Scribe

Server:
    Zalera
    Personally, I like to pair up B4B with Hawk Eye. The two of them have very similar cooldown time (90 sec for B4B, 80 sec for Hawk Eye). And when 2 buffs are paired up, the effect is more obvious than just 1. When Hawk Eye is available again, I usually wait like 5 more seconds before weaving it again, and then weave in B4B. Then the two of them are both active together again.

For the other buffs (Raging Strikes, Internal Release), I just re-apply whenever they're available again. Their CD time is too far apart to be put together.

8. Ish

Ish Scion

Server:
    Leviathan
    Oh i misunderstood then, sorries :)
    Very odd that the tank would complain about it, perhaps he should have just done HIS job and shut up? lol
    All kinds of people in this world ...

: bard