Guide Pimping out your HUD and reducing clutter!

Discussion in 'Guide Discussion' started by Okita, Nov 14, 2016.

1. Okita

Okita New Member

Server:
    Tonberry
    Hi guys!

I recently discovered a few new macros and started messing around with my HUD. I ended up pimping my HUD up quite nicely that my FC mates asked me to post up a guide, so I did!

Here's the link to it on YouTube:

I want to know what you guys think and if it can be improved in any way?

Kind regards,
    Okita

2. Caimie Tsukino

Caimie Tsukino Realm Scribe

Top Poster Of Month

Server:
    Zalera
    This is actually really good... Why does nobody give this a LIKE?

3. racooperii

racooperii Warrior of Light

Server:
    Brynhildr
    I'm stealing this 100%.

I'm such an OCD HUD and Hotbar fanatic that I have to have this stuff set up a particular way...this new knowledge does not aid me in that OCD.

Great vid, love this stuff!

4. Joe_Schmoe

Joe_Schmoe Adventurer

Server:
    Hyperion
    Haven't watched the whole thing, but I like that shutting off all the bars when you sheathe/unsheathe your weapon. It's kinda nice not having any clutter when you're not actually going to do anything with it. :idea:

5. Caimie Tsukino

Caimie Tsukino Realm Scribe

Top Poster Of Month

Server:
    Zalera
    Watch till the end! I just set up the pop-up hotbars on my laptop, which screen space is indeed a problem. I also did not know how to change the size of the buttons, which I now know is "Ctrl Home".

6. GeekMatt

GeekMatt Moderator

I don't like the idea of turning off your hotbars when sheathed because there's times in certain content when you need to sheath your weapon mid-battle temporarily, and it would suck (for me) to lose track of which skills were procced/on CD at that time, potentially messing up a rotation. But there were a lot of great ideas in this, some that I already do and some that I'm considering ways of translating over to PS4!