Patch 4.2 new mini game - Fashion Report Check-In!!!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Caimie Tsukino, Feb 4, 2018.

1. Caimie Tsukino

Caimie Tsukino Realm Scribe

Top Poster Of Month

Server:
    Zalera
    Dear all,

Currently in this patch 4.2, one of the hottest topic right now is how to get full prize at the Fashion Report Check-In at the Gold Saucer, so I have compiled some Reddit, FB and in-game info here for everybody... For info's sake, I'm gonna include my failed trials below, so one can know what NOT to use.

Each week, the game sets a theme (e.g. High Society), and you come up with a set of clothing that would likely fit the theme. Some of the items will have a description ("tips") written, like "Silken Things" or "Simple is Best" as shown below.

Here are a few important points:
    (1) The DYE that you used to dye your items do matter. Some colors will give more points than some other colors.
    (2) DO NOT leave empty slots. Even though only 5 slots have a description, the others will also count towards your final score. But they don't have a "tip", so you dunno what's good what's not... You can only guess what's good for the current theme.

As you can see below, you will be scored with the gauge on the right.
    [​IMG]
    And each of those items with a description (tips) will be given a stamp of 1 star to 4 star, or a gold medal if you've done a perfect job. Apparently Moogle Slippers work pretty well, but not good enough. Although, the Spring Skirt in Pure White dye didn't work too well.

[​IMG]
    This was my second trial, and it failed miserably with a score lower than my first. However, the Singbird Hat worked perfectly here (I had it in metallic purple, but Soot Black may work fine too). And the i180 Asuran Hakama of Casting (Long Skirt) in Snow White dye also gave me 4 stars. The skirt was obtained by buying undyeable i170 Yasha Hakama of Casting from a merchant at The Forgotten Knight in Ishgard with Centurio Seals. And then I bought also the Doman Urushi from the merchant there. Then I upgraded the i170 skirt to the dyeable i180 at Seika at Idyllshire using the Doman Urushi. Alternatively, if you prefer healer gear, you can use the i180 Asuran Hakama of Healing too.

[​IMG]
    My 3rd time got a slightly better score of 70 since my Bridesmaid's Sandals in Snow White dye gave 4 stars.

[​IMG]
    In the end, I managed to get 84 points. I got a gold medal for the skirt after dyeing my Asuran Hakama of Casting into Soot Black. For the ring, Halonic Friar's Ring was used (I ran the Vault [lvl 57 dungeon] UNSYNC 3 times to get it... just leave the dungeon and restart if you don't get the ring after opening the chest after the 2nd boss). Any other Halonic ring would have been fine too. They are not class specific, so you can still wear them regardless of which Halonic ring you obtained. I dyed my Bridesmaid's Sandals into Gold color, but I have later confirmed that Millioncorn Yellow would have worked perfectly too. Alternatively, for men, I have confirmed that the Artisan's Sandals in Millioncorn Yellow also will give gold medal. For the chest, I used the Hannish Wool Autumn Shirt here in Soot Black here, but the Falconer's Shirt would have been fine too. Lukah Killu said the Ramie Shirt in Soot Black worked well too too, but I didn't confirm with her whether she got gold medal or 4 stars.

[​IMG]
    Even if you can't reach the "threshold line", you will still get 10,000 MGP from participating if you have 60-ish points. When you passed the line, you will get another 50,000 MGP as shown here. Thus, you will get a total of 60,000 MGP from this game per week.

[​IMG]
    This picture came from Wilmer Wallace on FB. As you can see from this, even if you have all 5 gold medals, if you leave the other slots empty, you won't be able to reach the threshold line of 80 points. The 5 items with a description (tip) basically help you to get really close to the passing score. But in the end, you need other items too to earn sufficient points.

[​IMG]
    This picture was from cleardrake from Reddit. It is confirmed here that the Royal Senecshal's Chapeau in Snow White, the Falconer's Shirt in Snow White, and the Artisan's Sandals in Millioncorn Yellow give gold medals too for males.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2018
    Retry, Fybrile and Jinzuku like this.
  2. Jinzuku

Jinzuku Vice Administrator

Server:
    Phoenix
    Man, that seems complex and a lot of work. I guess with the addition of glamour plates this will be easier once you acquire a collection of items.

Also, people who are into their glamours will love it. Thanks for collecting all the info Caimie.
    :twothumbsup:

Caimie Tsukino likes this.
  3. racooperii

racooperii Warrior of Light

Server:
    Brynhildr
    So like Warframe, FFs new endgame is fashion? Im down for that.

4. Jinzuku

Jinzuku Vice Administrator

Server:
    Phoenix
    As they always say, Glamour is the true end-game.

5. Retry

Retry New Member

Server:
    Zalera
    I keep trying my hand at it but can never find the will to go the extra mile for that 50k MGP lol.
    Best i can get is a 68.
    Sometimes this thing confuses/aggros me too.
    i.e.: this week weapon needs to be "Deep Freeze," put Shiva's Diamond weapon on - 3* ....ITS FREAKIN' MADE OF ICE!! :rage:

6. Caimie Tsukino

Top Poster Of Month

Server:
    Zalera
    The best way is to wait for more ppl to figure it out first. Usually googling will lead you to some reddit posts, which give some tips.

7. Retry

Retry New Member

Server:
    Zalera
    All i know for this week is Scion's top (ice blue) gives gold, everything else was 3* or below for me ><

8. Caimie Tsukino

Top Poster Of Month

Server:
    Zalera

9. Caimie Tsukino

Top Poster Of Month

Server:
    Zalera
    WOOT! I got 100 points following the above Reddit guide :)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Masked Rose was so wasted!
    [​IMG]

Achievement acquired!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Got my new title of "FASHION LEADER"!!!
    [​IMG]