Patch Notes Patch 2.5 Details & Trailer Released

Discussion in 'Final Fantasy XIV News' started by Solanales, Jan 13, 2015.

1. Solanales

Solanales Crystal Brave

HOLY CRAP. I just got so hyped from this trailer. If you haven't seen it yet then WATCH NOW!!!

The full information is available over here: http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/topics/detail/55fc4e96eb12449631ab0c76b746026986fb870f

So what do you guys think? I'm ridiculously excited for the triple triad and chocobo racing in the golden saucer. The music for AK Hard had me extremely hyped. Godbert is a king... Overall this seems like another amazing patch from a company that knows the way to their fan bases' hearts.

Maaja, AisuDjin, Jinzuku and 4 others like this.
  2. Hermes

Hermes Scion

Hey, thanks! Looks amazing. Psyched.

Solanales likes this.
  3. Metroid Uzumaki

Metroid Uzumaki Adventurer

My body is ready!!!

Side note :the chocobo races kinda reminds me of mario kart lol with the whole crossing over marks on the ground to give u speed boost Lol. I love it.!! I cant stop juming around!! So much hype for this!!. And that last scene where that dragon (dont know its name :p) was talking about the fall of the scions gave me goosebumps!!

Solanales likes this.
  4. Fybrile

Fybrile Administrator

Server:
    Tonberry
    Gah, I'm on the iPad in bed and can't check out the movie... Someone's not going to be getting much sleep tonight...

Hermes, Balaur and Solanales like this.
  5. Mycroft

Mycroft Crystal Brave

Server:
    Hyperion
    I have heard the song, and Ishgard shall burn.

Solanales likes this.
  6. Solanales

Solanales Crystal Brave

10/10 did get chills...

Kolossus likes this.
  7. racooperii

racooperii Warrior of Light

Server:
    Brynhildr
    This patch makes me consider becoming a NEET.

8. praysolace

praysolace Warrior of Light

Server:
    Brynhildr
    I got the Mario Kart vibe too lol, and now I'm kind of scared 'cause I'm terrible at Mario Kart and it makes me nauseous ;-;
    XD

GeekMatt and Metroid Uzumaki like this.
  9. Caimie Tsukino

Caimie Tsukino Realm Scribe

Server:
    Zalera
    - OMG, Tonberries!!!! :cat:
    - At 5:23 I heard music from the Valley of the Wind?
    - Can't wait for the new Hildebrand adventures!!!
    - Urth's Fount and the new Crystal Tower look really cool!!!
    No! Godbert is a GOD! LOL

racooperii likes this.
  10. Metroid Uzumaki

Metroid Uzumaki Adventurer

Lol me too and its gonna suck if you loose a race and if you bet money on that race .lol assuming that you can bet gil on the races lol!!

11. Kolossus

Kolossus Vice Admin

Server:
    Diabolos
    This trailer made my pants all kinds of tight. I almost feel like, between 2.5, 2.51, 2.55 and the expansion, we're going to have an overload of "OMFGZ" trailers and content. Which isn't really a bad thing, just make sure to keep plenty-o-spares for when you need to change your drawers!

This might just be me, having been one of the people that threw down the $70 for the 1.0 CE, but the more I see the trailers and the content improve patch after patch, the more I am blown away that this all came from an abomination of a game that was practically unplayable. Mind blown, even more so when we have some concrete info on systems/how things will be changing in 3.0.

Jinzuku likes this.
  12. Ivy

Ivy Bounty Hunter II

Server:
    Gilgamesh
    Mm I'll be honest - I'm sure the new dungeons will be fun and all but recycled content is making me a little sad and I really wish they would stop recycling some fights or mob models at the very least. I'm looking at you this time, Hydra. The recycled giant mob for Keeper of the Lake and A rank (Untekhi? can't recall how to spell it) are "meh" too. But I do understand the latter a little more, considering that's a generic worm dragon mob...thing.
    Hydra is in this game three times now. A Relic Reborn: Hydra, Final Coil Turn 11, and now World of Darkness. Final Coil and WoD have a very similar cleave AoE from the looks of it. These are just small quirks because I'd love to see SE add some more original fights. That being said, I like the look of the rest of the dungeons more. The fights do look fun, I just want some new models to beat up now. The new telegraphs are interesting too (like the grid one you see).

13. Mycroft

Mycroft Crystal Brave

Server:
    Hyperion
    To be fair, they've made use of both common and boss enemies in each of the parts of CT so far.. Faithfully recreating what was encountered in the FFIII counterpart, which includes a hydra boss.

Of course they could have tweaked the model (like they did with big boss Ahriman, kudos on making it look like it's sprite but not entirely clownish in three dimensions), but I suspect that we'll see a tweaked hydra model when Tiamat is in introduced at some point in 3.0.

Kolossus and racooperii like this.
  14. DarkAshelin

DarkAshelin Crystal Brave

My bf flipped when he saw the Chocobo racing (he really loves Mario kart), I think I may finally get him to play :D

15. racooperii

Server:
    Brynhildr
    @Balaur made a good point on this regarding recycled content.

Considering 1.0's...less than stellar reception its most likely that Yoshi and his crew are running on a bare-bones budget. So in order to make new content and keep the game expanding they've had to find creative ways to reuse old content.

ilmaestro and Balaur like this.
  16. Solanales

Solanales Crystal Brave

I'm pretty sure they also roadmapped out to 2.5 when they were working on the relaunch of the game. They had no way of being able to predict how successful the game was going to be at that point. Here's to hoping that things change with the expansion. That being said, I'm also not that bothered by seeing reused mobs so long as some mechanics change.

racooperii and MiKairi like this.
  17. GeekMatt

GeekMatt Moderator

Top Poster Of Month

Server:
    Brynhildr
  18. Ivy

Ivy Bounty Hunter II

Server:
    Gilgamesh
    The main thing that upsets me is that they've proven they can do amazing, new, awesome fights.
    SCOB, ST, and the new dungeons with that were all arguably the best fights in this game in a long time. Loved SV, Hullbreaker, Tam-Tara. Of course, like I said - I'm not doubting the fights won't be good. Just the recycled models that make me cringe. No more hydras or I'll cry. Even if it's a remodeled hydra.
    You have to kill hydra for each of your relics. And then, if you have a static/clear 11, you have to do that every weak and kill it again, and probably deal with frustrations from tethers in that fight at least once (because no matter how many times you say "GO RIGHT", someone thinks left looks better). And now, WoD weekly drops.

19. racooperii

Server:
    Brynhildr
    They can, but the question is how much did that new content pull from the budget pool.

Plus reusing mobs is Classic RPG, remember how many different slimes you fought with only a hue change to denote strength. Im sure the mechanics will more than make up some small aesthetic reuses. If reusing a skin lets them build better mechanics, jobs and fun...Im all for it!

20. Ish

Ish Scion

Server:
    Leviathan
    Odin> Finally get to see what he actually looks like without all the lag, haha
    New versions of dungeons look cool and final Ct looks awesome

Jinzuku, CJ_pt and racooperii like this.