Paladin Help

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Ross, Aug 24, 2013.

1. Ross

Ross Newbie

Hi there i am a lvl 8 gladiator, now and im planning on becoming a paladin mega tank :) but i was just curious as to when i should begin leveling conjuring, and what gathering and crafting proffesions i should take up and when should i begin leveling them? also how do i join linkshells (or is there a world chat? or general/trade chat like wow in cities?)and free companies to easier chat to people? and what is a grand company?

Thanks in advance peeps ! :)
  2. xusha

xusha Well Known Member

Linkshells are just channels for a group of people, so it's up to you. Free Company you should.
    Grand Company is a faction basically. Three different factions, depending on the three starter zones. You can choose which Grand Company you'd like to go, so it doesn't have to be your starter/class zone.

When you level up your conjurer it's up to you. Though in my opinion a great way is to get to level 15 and then travel to Gridania. Level up the conjurer to level 15 then go back to leveling up your Gladiator. I would also suggest leveling up a Marauder for their abilities as well. Though that's what I'm going to do, you can do it another route.
  3. RoseFaithful

RoseFaithful Member

http://eorzeareborn.com/free-company-grand-company-and-linkshells/
    This will help

http://www.ffxivguild.com/category/disciples-of-hand/
    Crafting help

LSs and FCs will, most of the time, have their own application process. Some all you need to do is talk to the Leaders in game and others will have you run a few dungeons with their Officers to be sure your skill level is what they want. Some will be a happy medium of the two. No "one way is best" with these things. Your best bet, imo, is to head to your server sub forum and look around at the people in your community. Lots of adds for FCs/LSs over there.
    xusha likes this.
  4. Ross

Ross Newbie

Whats LS' and FC'? and what should the paladin take proffesion wise?
  5. xusha

xusha Well Known Member

Linkshell and Free Company.
    Profession is whichever you'd like to do. Would you like to build your own armour and weapons? Than Armoursmith and Blacksmith.
  6. HeroMystic

HeroMystic Active Member

The majority of Paladins I've seen thus far takes up Armorsmithing and Goldsmithing.

Linkshell is a glorified chatroom, essentially. Free Company is FFXIV's version of a full-blown guild.

Conjurer might be required to gain access to Paladin's quest. I can't confirm it yet, but if these issues are fixed I can probably see by tomorrow. In any case, I would advise taking Conjurer to at least 12 for Raise and Protect, and I would do it when your GLA reaches level 20, which is when the EXP curve starts to tilt.
  7. RoseFaithful

RoseFaithful Member

Sorry, xusha is right. Linkshell and Free Company. The crafting link I posted has suggested classes and jobs on the pages of each crafting profession.
  8. xusha

xusha Well Known Member

Yep Conjurer is indeed needed, level 15 for Conjurer level 30 for Gladiator.
  9. Acelin V'Lisa

Acelin V'Lisa New Member

Hi Ross!

I'm in a similar situation myself and trying to become the best PLD I can be.

1. Level Conjurer as soon as possible and get it out of the way. You're not going to want to be level 30 and be unable to unlock PLD. Especially if people expect you to have it ready for parties.
    2. Take up any craft/gathering you like! I would recommend mining and blacksmithing as you will be able to make and repair heavy armour for your class. I am doing Mining, Botanist and Carpentry, but I have friends in game to depend on.
    3. To join a a linkshell you need to find an invite to one! Try to find one which matches your time zone!
    4. A Grand Company will become revealed during the storyline quest. Keep playing!
    xusha likes this.
  10. Ross

Ross Newbie

Thanks alot for your help everyone :)