Paladin Paladin +1 Relic weapon

Discussion in 'Disciples of War' started by Rikh, Sep 4, 2013.

1. Rikh

Rikh Member

Got the relic weapon today and managed to +1 it with my mythology and thought I'd share a short video of how the glow looks like.

Rohirrim4 and Estebanx1 like this.
  2. Nick Mouti

Nick Mouti Member

Nice! Since you look like you know what you're doing (obviously) I have a question; the end game gear that you can buy in Mor Dhana - its better to go for the VIT/Parrying options aka the "...... of Fending" as opposed to the Strength options correct? And overall how did you allocate your stats?
  3. Rikh

Rikh Member

Yes go for the vit/parry items, STR barely gives tanks anything as I've noticed so I even respecced and went for full vitality in the attributes. Bosses later on like Titan and first boss in Bahamuts coil hits like trucks so you need the high HP.
  4. Nick Mouti

Nick Mouti Member

How do you respec?
  5. Araye

Araye Active Member

I'd like to re-spec as well. I put a couple points in str thinking this would help with aggro.
  6. Rikh

Rikh Member

You can buy an item called "the keepers something" from your respective GC for 10k seals which will let you respec your attributes
    Last edited: Sep 5, 2013
    Araye likes this.
  7. Syn

Syn Guest

Keepers Hymn.
    Grats on your +1, I'm still grinding Myth tomes.
    Estebanx1 likes this.
  8. Rikh

Rikh Member

Cheers, getting my shield +1'd on monday reset aswell, interested to see if theres any glow on it aswell or nothing

Edit: there's indeed a glow on the shield aswell, 2nd tank in my FC got it yesterday aswell
    Last edited: Sep 7, 2013
    Estebanx1 likes this.
  9. Skylin

Skylin Newbie

Awesome, could you just clarify on what you need to do once you have your normal relic wep. I know you need 900 Myth tomes to get the upgrades, anything other than that? I.e more Mythology tokens or such?
  10. Nick Mouti

Nick Mouti Member

900? I thought it was only 300 :(
    Estebanx1 likes this.
  11. Rikh

Rikh Member

There's a forge just left of the quest NPC that you can click. There you can turn in your weapon + mythology to upgrade them to +1.

It's 600 mythology for the sword upgrade and 300 mythology for the shield upgrade, nothing else. You can upgrade one of them by itself, dont need to upgrade them together at the same time.
  12. Estebanx1

Estebanx1 Active Member

Amazing!!!!
  13. Victrix

Victrix Newbie

Looks amazing, hope you're posting a vid about your shield aswell when you get it :)

I have no idea about the end game gear yet(only lvl 42 now) but whats that armor you're wearing and where's it from? :O Looks really good!
  14. Rikh

Rikh Member

The armor is called Heavy Darklight and can be bought from philosophy tomes which you get from normal dungeons. They're like justice points in WoW if you come from that game.
    Estebanx1 and Victrix like this.
  15. Victrix

Victrix Newbie

Alright thx for the info :)
  16. Sword

Sword Active Member

Nice grats!
  17. Rikh

Rikh Member

Making another post and showing the +1 shield glow for those that were interested in that aswell.

Estebanx1 and Rohirrim4 like this.
  18. Rohirrim4

Rohirrim4 Member

I thought people talking about crafting and relic items. Is this sword and shield crafted by a DoH and then upgraded with myth tomes? I suppose you get myth tomes from dungeons?raids? Sorry for the noobish question, I am a wanna-be paladin and would like to prepare for it(basically wanna know if I need specific crafting classes, e.tc.)

EDIT: also are all the end-game gear like this one(body with head). I really don't like head to be shown except for rare occasions of very good heads that also don't cover the whole face. I ve seen some of them at level 25-30, but I didn't liked them. I know SE plan to introduce a feature to change the look of our armor but not sure how soon it will be..
  19. Elvirnith

Elvirnith Active Member

Heh, you're lucky to have been able to get groups to do the parts of the relic quest. Over on Balmung I've been trying to find a group for 5 days now and there's never anyone, either in my FC / LS or /shout that I can get to go with me. Most people in my FC aren't even 50 on their first job yet, and /shout usually has like 5 other tanks LFG for the same thing (Chimera) as I am.

I've been kind of losing motivation to even play my PLD since I'm stuck not being able to progress right now.
  20. Rikh

Rikh Member

Well I'm in a pretty hardcore/active FC, we're the first on our server to do stuff. I wouldn't even try Titan if I had to pug everything, stuff is supposed to be hard and I'm glad hes a cockblock because otherwise everyone would be running around with relics + coil attunements.
    --- Double Post Merged, Sep 12, 2013 ---
    You get it from doing the relic quest, you'll need a crafted item from BSM at 50, but they're pretty cheap on the market nowadays so you wouldn't really need to level it up yourself anymore. Other than that there's no other profession you need to actually complete it, but you have to kill titan hard mode in the end which is probably the hardest part.