Dragoon [P4/Launch] Blood for Blood, a Dragoon's Compendium (8/1 update!)

Discussion in 'Disciples of War' started by Riven, Jul 22, 2013.

1. shiNn

shiNn Adventurer

riven with the Scholoarbuff and sh*t do you know who far we could pushed GCD down? It's multiplicable, ain't?
    with 30% we would at least get 1,75GCD with our own gear+skills may 1,5GDC. that would be cool.

Lfg Pocketbard with tp reggensong

2. Riven

Riven Adventurer

I doubt we'd get it that low. You need an absurd amount of skill speed to reach that high of a reduced GCD (You're talking about a full second lower in your example.)

Skill speed is multiplicative, but multiplying nothing is still nothing. Even monks barely reach a 2.0 GCD, and they get an absolute ridiculous amount of skill speed from talents.

I'm not saying skill speed is useless, but in its current iteration (that is, based on the info we have since we can't play right now) it's toeing the line of being a DPS loss, instead of a gain. I'm trying to remain optimistic, and think there's some X factor we don't know about yet, that will make skill speed useful.

One of the bigger issues for us is that the more skill speed you have, the higher your TP consumption rises. With the new exhilarate skill being raised to 500 TP, this may become less of an issue, but we just have to wait and see for now.

3. Alex Santin

Alex Santin Adventurer

4. Riven

Riven Adventurer

This is it in a nutshell. Getting to a 1.5s GCD requires triple the skill speed we have as a base. This is more than likely unfeasible. Or at least, you're sacrificing way too many of another stat (or two) to get that much.

5. shiNn

shiNn Adventurer

well im talking about buffs from the scholar but lets wait till official skills are online of them but -Fey Light: Increases skill speed around pet by 30% for 30s. 60s Recast. Cant use at same time as Fey Glow. seems very strong

6. Riven

Riven Adventurer

It's a strong skill. The issue lies with the fact that the more skill speed you have, the lower your GCD is, the higher your TP consumption is. It's a catch 22 (I think thats the right term.)

7. Alex Santin

Alex Santin Adventurer

Great for Spike damage when you need to get past a certain stage in a fight as quick as possible.

8. Novaultima

Novaultima Crystal Brave

At some point you can´t profitate of too much Speed anymore, since skill animation can´t be shortened or skipped.

9. Bakoor

Bakoor Adventurer

I heard yesterday night that the second class required to unlock the dragoon job is marauder not pugilist! Please tell me that's not true?

10. Novaultima

Novaultima Crystal Brave

It might be possible, cross class skills also changed from Pug to Mar. There is no official note about the new job req though, so I just expect no changes and go for Pug in first place(besides Lancer), leveling another class to 15 isn´t such a big thing, though. Just keep all normal quests for those other classes and do only the story + some grind with your main. Also, exp is increased for all classes below your main.

Last edited: Aug 26, 2013
  11. shiNn

shiNn Adventurer

it IS true.

12. Luko

Luko Scion

Yeah they released this briefly back when the character creation benchmark came out. We had tons of datamined info and that was one of them. I assumed everyone saw it. Had my marauder all leveled to 26 before I even started on Lancer.

13. Alex Santin

Alex Santin Adventurer

DRG is still a very good DPS even with MRD as a sub class.

14. jemsmck

jemsmck Adventurer

Thanks for the great guide!

Not sure if this has been stated yet but You get Elusive Jump at lvl 35 now, the guide has it listed at lvl 40.

15. Eliniell

Eliniell Adventurer

Not sure if you're still keeping this guide updated, but I noticed you still mention Raging Strikes as a CD useable by the DRG. While it is useable by a LNC, it isn't available once you equip the DRG crystal now that DRG uses MRD / PUG as it's cross classes.

16. brunho

brunho New Member

hello guys

in this guide, it's DPS burst

Impulse Drive
    Disembowel
    Chaos Thrust
    Leg Sweep
    Heavy Thrust
    True Thrust
    Vorpal Thrust
    Life Surge
    Raging Strikes
    Blood for Blood
    Full Thrust
    Jump/Spineshatter Dive/Dragonfire Dive

you could make a macro ?

it would help me

PS: I know play without macro is better but since my disability I lose too much DPS

17. Riven

Riven Adventurer

Hey all,

Sorry for vanishing, but the launch errors from FFXIV caused me to ragequit this game for awhile. Now that the game is in full swing, and I have time to play again, I'll work on a massive overhaul for this guide. Thanks for the all the comments, reviews, and pointing everything out! Expect the update within a week or two, I have a lot of catching up to do. I still want this guide to be a good source for beginner through expert dragoons.

18. FeroXs

FeroXs Adventurer

Looking forward to it - I send all DRG queries I get to here.

19. MikeySmith

MikeySmith Adventurer

i too look forward to it