Dragoon [P4/Launch] Blood for Blood, a Dragoon's Compendium (8/1 update!)

Discussion in 'Disciples of War' started by Riven, Jul 22, 2013.

1. Alex Santin

Alex Santin Adventurer

I have been theory crafting as well now that my dragoon has different skills to pull from. Without getting in to details this is what I will be trying once the open beta starts. I will not be dedicating a lot of time to my drg initially since I will be grinding the main story line with my cnj.

Rotation:

Feint 2.5 Slow +20%

Heavy Thrust 10% Damage Side

Behind Combo:
    straight shot 2.5 +10% crit rate
    Impulse Drive
    Disembowel Lower pierce resistance
    Chaos Thrust DOT

Any position Combo:
    raging strikes 180 +20% att power
    Blood For Blood 80
    True Thrust
    Vorpal Thrust
    Life Surge 90 Ensure Crit
    Vorpal Thrust

Power Surge
    Jump

Enemy Low HP :

hawk eye 90 20% accuracy (Not sure if I want this skill)
    mercy stroke 90 250 attack at < 20% HP Enemy

2. Riven

Riven Adventurer

This is fairly similar to what most DRGs will be doing, with the key difference being if there's another DRG in the party (8man/24man). If there is, you can drop the ID > Dis > CT combo, and just spam T > V > F combos.

For your specific rotation I'm quoting, two things:

1.) Feint has a TP cost of 80, and you need to use as much TP as you can on your highest damage abilities. Feint only has a potency of 120, which is meh, and the slow isn't needed. If there's a specific situation for it, then by all means, use it. I'll have it hotkey'd ingame for any situations that occur.

2.) If you're doing the full ID > Dis > CT then T > V > F combos, I'm not 100% sure youll have the TP, and the spare GCD, to keep Straight Shot's buff up without pushing back another crucial buff. This may not be the case, but it's a good idea to keep it in mind.

3. Alex Santin

Alex Santin Adventurer

I will have to do some testing with Invigorate and see how much time I can keep the rotation up. As soon as i hit 600 TP I should use invigorate and continue the combos. Don't know how viable that is as I could not do much testing with the level 47 mobs I found (they died way too quick). The real test will come in prolonged fights.

4. Riven

Riven Adventurer

Don't forget that at 36, Invigorate is upgraded to Exhilarate, granting us 450 TP.

5. Novaultima

Novaultima Crystal Brave

Quote from my guide:

Leg Sweep should be used for boss/mobs AoE´s or if there are too many mobs for the tank. Feint should be used only at fast and hard hitting bosses as it decreases and delays your own DPS.

Buffs like Raging Strikes with high CD should be used for the last 25% of Boss, as from my experience it´s the most dangerous and DPS depending phase.

6. Vaiur

Vaiur Adventurer

You can't just arbitrarily say this. In same cases yes, you'll "save" your buffs with long CDs (in this case raging strikes, 180s) for the dps intensive point of the fight, however if you're really looking to min/max your damage output you'll pop your DPS cds after your opener and all necessary passive buffs/debuffs are up. You will plan your CDs in advance to see how often you can use them on cooldown or if you need to delay.

Riven likes this.
  7. Riven

Riven Adventurer

Just as a headsup, I'm working on an offline version of this, and updating everything I want. I plan on pushing this update out during the downtime between P4 and Early Access (should be a few days, according to multiple sources)

That being said, anything you guys find during OB, post it here! I'll be focusing on unlocking the DRG soul crystal during OB, instead of pushing straight for 50, so I can update that asap. Once the OB draws to a close, I'll look at everything discovered, and add it to the guide.

8. Alex Santin

Alex Santin Adventurer

If you need me to test anything in OB on my drg let me know. One thing I want to test is how much I can spam skills without running out of TP. The hard part will be trying to keep a steady stream of mobs without too much downtime.

I probably wont reach any level 50 dungeons/raids during the OB just because I want to level my 17 cnj to 50. Maybe during the Early access I might be able to get some 50 dungeons.

9. shiNn

shiNn Adventurer

Geart Job so far Riven.

Its informative and enjoyable to read. I sticked it for myself and looking forward for updates :p

But one Question:
    If you are in a 4 solo dungeon the DPS ROTA Is
    ID-Dis-CT AND then HT - TT- VT -FT
    or just repeat one of them all the time?

10. Riven

Riven Adventurer

Thanks! For your question, this is almost correct. The only thing is that you always want to use heavy thrust before anything else. 10% damage is a fairly significant boon.

shiNn likes this.
  11. shiNn

shiNn Adventurer

in this case HT-ID-Dis-CT AND then HT - TT- VT -FT and repeat. i'm right?

12. Riven

Riven Adventurer

Yep!

shiNn likes this.
  13. Eein

Eein New Member

Cooldowns works like this:
    DMG * CD1 * CD2 * CD3

Straight multiplicative. (not additive like normal MMO's)
    I'm going to test the effects of waiting for other cd's sometime today.

14. Riven

Riven Adventurer

xivb has begun dat mining the benchmark, since Square was so kind as to include their game's database with the benchmark. We've received some buffs/nerfs!

15. askew

askew Adventurer

It's about time! It made no sense needing pugilist at 15 to unlock DRG, and then not getting any of the skills crossing over. If this holds true, my decision for main is finalized.

16. Riven

Riven Adventurer

Okay huge changes to the DRG class as a whole. I'm working on an update to reflect on the new changes, and I'm trying to get it out tonight before I go to bed.

17. Alex Santin

Alex Santin Adventurer

Must have Skills
    Haymaker
    Internal Release
    Mercy Stroke

The other two just pick whatever you think will be more useful in the fight.

18. Riven

Riven Adventurer

Basically, get PGL to 15 (which we will anyway) and MRD to 26, at the absolute bare minimum

Regardless, I think I've updated everything that was changed for us, including listing PGL cross-class skills in place of ARC. Go back through at your leisure and double check. Post here if you see things needing changed! <3 =D

19. Novaultima

Novaultima Crystal Brave

WTF this is great. Jumps will be kinda spammable :p

Welcome back Internal Release and Second Wind. Dragonfire Dive 3 min. CD instead of 5 wut, almost 50% less.#

For soloing that 80% parryrate and shield on Life Surge will be way more useful than the selfheals. There are still pots in addition to Second Wind also.

20. shiNn

shiNn Adventurer

the 80 parryrate... i'm looking forward to pvp.
    jump-spike-enemy down :D while ya're parrying everything :s

I guess with these leaknews the combat could have more action.