Dragoon [P4/Launch] Blood for Blood, a Dragoon's Compendium (8/1 update!)

Discussion in 'Disciples of War' started by Riven, Jul 22, 2013.

1. Riven

Riven Adventurer

Riven submitted a new Guide:

[P4/Launch] Blood for Blood, a Dragoon's Compendium (version 1.0) - a thorough, precise guide to all things Dragoon

Read more about this guide...

shiNn likes this.
  2. Tigris

Tigris Adventurer

At first glance, the guide seams to cover a lot and this is great.

I have just one comment:

The thing with the cooldowns:

Are you sure that the damage incrase of the cooldowns works the way you describe it?
    Because this seams completely unlogical.

Either they should be multiplicative so:
    1.2*1.3 = 1.3*1.2=1.56
    or they should be additive so
    30%+20%=50% damage increase this is the way it worked in every other MMO I have seen.

The way you decribed them seams to be really unlogical also I don't see why you should activate several damage cooldowns at the same time, when it is like you described.
    Since you would gain a bigger DPS-increase when just using them seperately.

3. Riven

Riven Adventurer

Hmm. I thought I had updated that part of the guide, after someone else pointed it out to me. Oops! Updating OP now, thanks!

edit: Buffs are for sure multiplicative (as of p3 testing), and someone had given me some funky math, which was later pointed out incorrect. Thanks again!

4. Tigris

Tigris Adventurer

May i ask some other things? (I could then maybe help you with the math) also i want to be able to understand, why this stats have this order ;)

How much cirt (Percentage) gives one point of critvalue? (And what is the basevalue?)
    How much haste (Percentage) gives one point of speed? (And what is the basevalue? I Suppose 0%?)
    How much damage(Percentage) gives one point of determination? (And what is the basevalue?)

Also i would have the same question aboutaccuracy, but yous tated you don't really know it there?

How much more damage does a crit do? (I suppose double damage is this correct?)

Are all abilities with a cooldown off the global cooldown?

Is the TP generation really just 50 per 5 seconds? And it does not increase with skillspeed? This would really make it quite bad for long fights... (Especially for monk).
    (I asked because someone mentioned it being linked with auto attacks).

5. Riven

Riven Adventurer

As a whole, the stat section is largely unfinished, because of the lack of level 50 testing that has been done. I've also been unable to pin down Eein(the spreadsheet creator) to talk to him about specific stats and the like. Once I hit level 50 ingame, and Eein and I can start testing again, the stat section will recieve a massive overhaul.

I believe crits are 150% of the damage done. I'll double check that today.

Not necessarily. I had a tough time trying to articulate this, and by the time I got to that section, I was mentally exhausted. I'm currently working on fine-tuning some of the section of the guide I'm unhappy with, and this is one of them. Basically, from my own experience, most of our DPS CDs (raging strikes, internal release, etc) were off the GCD, as well as Leg Sweep. I've been told that all our jumps are off the GCD as well, which is more than likely true, but I haven't seen it personally.

I haven't seen any changes in TP regeneration as my skill speed increased, but as I said, the stat section is largely unfinished, and as such, should be taken very lightly. Once I get back ingame I can really update this guide.

My focus for the upcoming open beta is to unlock Dragoon (if its available) so I can update that part of the guide. Once I do that, then I'll move onto stat testing, and endgame stuff.

6. Novaultima

Novaultima Crystal Brave

In CBT I was 35 and a crit wasn´t even 100%(double) more DMG... if I remember correct.

Btw I made already a guide and when I readed yours it felt too similar to mine somehow:p

Well yours is kinda more finished.

Off-basic booldown skills: Every buff is non-basic cooldown and the only non-basic cooldown DMG-skill for Lancer until 50 is Leg Sweep. I didn´t see DMG skills of this type on any other class though. All buffs, cross skills included, stacked so far on my Lancer.

Jumps have a long animation, so it wouldn´t matter if they would be sharing the basic cooldown. They are mostly for tactical movements or for survival anyway.

Ring of Talons still exists in ARR, but TP usage got nerfed to ~250 or so and max TP to 1000.

7. Pheonixaise

Pheonixaise Adventurer

Actually, lancers and dragoons can use internal release, a pugilist move that increases our crit chance by 25%, very handy when combined with straight shot. Forgive the lack of capitals, on my phone!

8. Novaultima

Novaultima Crystal Brave

Nope, that got changed I guess. It´s Archer and Marauder cross skills now, for Dragoon. So, also no Second Wind anymore :dead:

Bloodbath compensates it though.

9. General_JT

General_JT Adventurer

During p3 beta I used the s**t out of internal release, awesome move I will miss it however if blood bath + life surge works that is waaaay better than second wind if you can use that.
    Also was Mrs class skills always used w/DRG or was out pgl skills in 1.0?

10. Riven

Riven Adventurer

As Nova said, DRGs don't have access to PGL skills, as far as we know. There's a chance it'll change for P4/Launch, but I doubt it.

I have no idea, as I didn't play 1.0 FF14. I honestly like having MRD skills, as mercy stroke will be a nice touch.

11. General_JT

General_JT Adventurer

I like that mrd Dot bone breaker w/e it helps a LOT.

12. Novaultima

Novaultima Crystal Brave

I can´t see where it helps, lol. You do like 25 - 50% less damage than with any skill instead and the dot doesn´t compensate it really. Also there is Phlebotomize and Chaos Thrust, both are way more effective since their potency is like 170-200.

If you really can´t face a Boss for atleast 10 sec it can be helpful, and only until 30 - but until 35 I didn´t had that case.

Boss AoE? Shifting Leg Sweep ftw.

13. General_JT

General_JT Adventurer

I only played phase 3 and got to 24 w/ the lnc, but since you're a DRG expert would you recommend taking lnc to 50 then do the DRG stuff or lvl lnc and pgl to get DRG?
    I've been wondering the pros and cons.

14. Riven

Riven Adventurer

The problem I have with DoTs is twofold. For one, I don't have an issue with the potency of the actual attack, but the potency of the DoT. 10? 20? It hits like a wet noodle, and I don't simply feel like it's worth the TP cost. Obviously, Chaos Thrust is a totally different story, but Phlebotomize is a worthless skill in its current iteration.

The other issue I have with DoT mechanics in FF14 is how they're programmed currently on server time. They'll either tick late, then start a normal dot tick schedule you'd be expecting, or tick early.

edit:
    I personally am going to complete dedicate all my open beta playtime to unlocking Dragoon, then hitting 50 on my LNC/DRG. I don't really expect there to be too much difference, but I want to update the section on unlocking the dragoon asap.

15. Novaultima

Novaultima Crystal Brave

First of all, I wouldn´t call me an expert, since I didn´t play Dragoon yet. All stuff I claimed or guided yet is by Lancer experience and logical things...

For the Dragoon quest you need Lancer L30 and Pugilist(or Marauder now?) L15. It doesn´t matter when you do the quest, L30 or 50... Dragoon is not a new class with new stats - it´s just a crystal which gives you new abilities for Lancer and the ability to wear a Dragoon armor. So to clarify this, you are still a Lancer with increased stats duo to new armor only and if you do the Dragoon quest on L30, and got the jobcrystal, you still progress and level up as Lancer and get all the skills, stats and abilities you would get also without the job crystal. In addition you get the Dragoon skills on the essential level. You can unequip the Dragoon crystal anytime I think, so...

...it doesn´t really matter when you get the jobcrystal.

If you want to use cross skills only available for Lancer(not all are also for Dragoon) you can always unequip the Dragoon crystal. But from what I have seen on youtube, no one really would do this, as Dragoon skills are way more superior than any cross skill you have to pass on. I mean... the Jumps are all also some kind of a defensive move, since you are propably invincible while doing that move plus one is a backjump anyway.

16. General_JT

General_JT Adventurer

So you don't level DRG separately it shares exp with the lancer? I did not know this...

17. General_JT

General_JT Adventurer

so that's how the job system is different

18. Novaultima

Novaultima Crystal Brave

Yep... the Jobs are no classes, they´re an ability and armor/weapon extension in form of a crystal.

So if you would do the Dragoon quest on L50 Lancer, you´re also L50 on the Dragoon. But you still have to do the follow up quests from 30-50 to get your Job skills and gear.

19. General_JT

General_JT Adventurer

But I doubt anyone would do this, from what I have seen the Job-quest is much connected to the storyline.

Exactly, free stat bonuses and moves not to mention armor.

20. Riven

Riven Adventurer

just as a headsup, I'm going back through and fixing numerous issues, including spelling errors, grammatical errors, etc, that I'm now seeing.