Official Forums Ban Appeal Information

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Bobbin Threadbare, Jul 26, 2018.

1. Bobbin Threadbare

Bobbin Threadbare New Member

Top Poster Of Month

Server:
    Masamune

Last edited: Jul 26, 2018
  2. Fybrile

Fybrile Administrator

Server:
    Cactaur
    Official forums aren't meant for constructive criticism or expressing an opinion. They're simply a marketing strategy and communication platform for a business. At the end of the day, players continue to get banned because they can't ratify this concept in their minds and seem to think the official forums are a suitable place to complain. SE can't care too much what forums posters think. When / If they care about an issue, they'll look first at the game's metadata, then they will send out a survey with the specific areas of interest they are interested in hearing about or have the resources to address, then, maybe, they'll reading forums metadata about thread titles (ie. "Please fix retainers") and upvotes. There's not much they want to hear from forums. Official Forums are just a vehicle for businesses to distribute information, not really collect it.

They are the also worst place in the world to go to for support - simply because they Community Team that runs the Forums is not affiliated with the Support Team that runs support and is probably contractually obligated to NOT support issues. It's like going to the hospital to report a fire.

So, IMO, getting banned from the Official Forums is nothing lost - nothing gained. And, I'll bet, 99.9% of players who were banned deserved it. I love the reddit user who couldn't understand why his "typo" ("Jap") got him banned. A. Because it wasn't a typo. B. Because its a racial slur. C. Because SE isn't going to hire therapists to get in contact with posters to psychoanalyze them and get to the root of their motis operandi for posting - it's a binary process, was there a racial slur? Yes? Banned. Did you use the pronoun "you" in your post? Yes? Banned.

The more you treat the official forums as a convoluted Twitter newsfeed and a platform for submitting screenshots, the happier you'll be. For everything else, that's what fansites like ours are for!

Caimie Tsukino likes this.
  3. Bobbin Threadbare

Top Poster Of Month

Server:
    Masamune
    Unfortunately, despite you explanation, many of my in-game support contact tend to ends up with them saying to make complaints through official forum, and with me as usual, explaining that I'm banned, and ends up not resolved.

At least, I wish support would do their jobs without throwing excuse into forums. Too bad though... :p

Either that, I agree with what you're saying.

Fybrile likes this.
  4. Jinzuku

Jinzuku Vice Administrator

Server:
    Phoenix
    If you can't go through in-game support why not use the telephone support?

5. Bobbin Threadbare

Top Poster Of Month

Server:
    Masamune
    for a mere in-game support? Maybe, in the 80's. :hilarious:

also... the cost are not worth the while. :?