Novice Blue Mage Guide by Caimie Tsukino

Discussion in 'Guide Discussion' started by Caimie Tsukino, Jan 19, 2019.

1. Caimie Tsukino

Caimie Tsukino Realm Scribe

Server:
    Zalera

Fybrile and Jinzuku like this.
  2. Bobbin Threadbare

Bobbin Threadbare Adventurer

Server:
    Masamune
    Just giving some additional info for your guide:

• Bomb toss - any goblin will use this
    • Sticky tongue - any toad will use this 1st time, they always do.
    • 1000 needles - Rank A hunt @ central Thanalan also does this in case one really skipped the lowbie ones.
    • Aqua breath - can also (accidentally) learn this from Leviathan (Whorleater) as well, in case any doing Whorleater BEFORE farming Dragon Neck. (learned this the hard way... ^^; )
    • Plaincracker - easily learned from golem south of North Shroud aetheryte (not the southwest ones). Golems outside Qarn temple entrance @ south Thanalan also uses this alot.
    • The Look - easily learned from Mor Dhona battle leve: Necrologos - The Liminal Ones. The thing will pop after gathering all scattered summon scrolls.
    • Tail Screw - also easily learned, but this one requires 4.0 expansion since the mobs located @ The Peaks, just east of Ala Gannha around the waterfall area. Way less deadlier than Satasha HM 1st boss, tho one will require a level 70 buddy to help learn the skill.
    • Diamondback - confirmed also can learn from Steps of Faith, tho IMO much hassle making PF for it than Stone Vigil HM. Proof:
    • All primal farms - Not necessarily need to learn from EX version. HM also suffice, especially like Ifrit since alot of ppl still having trouble on EX version since they tend to overDPS & quick-enrage it. Note however from recent lodestone news that 2 primals are currently bugged if trying to learn on their HM version, I think it's Garuda & Shiva (cmiiw tho), but SE promised to fix this soon tho. Proof:[​IMG] .

Also general info for learning BLU: seems doesn't need to have the mob execute skill needed to learn it's BLU skills. Confirmed when farming Leviathan HM where we just speed kill it, totally ignoring all phases before it even use veil of whorl at all. Generally great idea to do the HM version where their EX counterpart really locked behind nail phases, like Ifrit, Leviathan, & Ramuh.
    Also, the skill learning shared with all BLU in your party, so no one will miss it unless they're incapacitated a.k.a floor-face-palmed.
    Last, despite these info, they're still heavily RNG-affected. Don't be surprise if one skill might took hours to learn just one. Reported one took 3 hours just to learn Ifrit's Eruption. Mine personally took 1.5 hours over more than 100 tries, while the other half only took like 3 tries since were doing 4:4 setup (tho we all ended up endured those 100+ tries for the other half that unfortunately landed on shitty RNG). lol

Just FYI btw, that powerlevelling technique already exist from way back in 1.0 & even used alot back then. Difference is that there's no really apparent use when 2.0 introduced their gameplay system which making PLing doesn't gave huge benefit, at least until very recent released-BLU which somehow making this technique became reasonable again. At least when I did this back in 1.0 for bunch of noobs, I was doing trade offs with them: I PL them (as WHM back then spamming Holy), and in turn they fork me all craft mats. So yeah, there's one reason where this became way less mattered came 2.0 when those 1.0 old mats are way much worthless. ;)

Hope SE didn't break gameplay mechanic core when 5.0 came since this coding carried from original version all the way to current. ^^;

Last edited: Jan 22, 2019
    Caimie Tsukino likes this.
  3. Caimie Tsukino

Server:
    Zalera
    Thanks for the info! I have learned some of these, but I haven't got time to finish this guide yet! Currently enjoying taking screenshot with the class! It's a lot of fun! :)

Bobbin Threadbare likes this.
  4. Caimie Tsukino

Server:
    Zalera
    Updated the guide today. It's quite complete, except missing some information about i130 Dreadwyrm gear. I'll work on those later.

Bobbin Threadbare and Jinzuku like this.
  5. Bobbin Threadbare

Bobbin Threadbare Adventurer

Server:
    Masamune
    very nice. Got small addition on my end tho:

You don't have to grind @ North Thanalan, since that place usually packed. Can hit any of beast tribe strongholds since they're also packed with level 49 mobs. I personally hitting Natalan at Coerthas central and grind my way from 45 to cap. No one was there, so it felt like I totally own the place, plus I really like BGM on that place from all. ;)

And yeah, can't wait for your update with dreadwyrm sets. Even there's PF just for Final coil turn 1 with priority farming that i130 ring. Tried many times already and for some reason haven't seen it dropped. Wish I knew this long time ago and save all dreadwyrm sets. oh well... lol
    Just for my personal notes as well, list of caster drops in Final coil:
    t1 - neck / head / ring
    t2 - belt / body / feet
    t3 - bracelets / earrings / hand
    t4 - legs

Also, might want to re-iterate on Leviathan farms since apparently many took victim of learning the wrong skill from Dragon's Neck if they haven't farm that place 1st.

And for PC user, BLU spellbook actually can be assigned to shortcut in config, so you don't have to assign a hotbar for it. I set it to Ctrl-B for reference. ;)

Caimie Tsukino likes this.
  6. Caimie Tsukino

Server:
    Zalera